I Can Not Say

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The distant buzz of chatter emerging from a radio softly shifts me from my slumber - that and the overwhelming heat coming from the balcony doors that my consciousness barely remembers.

 

Every crevice of my body seems to ache, although I will admit that my head feels as if would explode if I dared move an inch.  My vision takes awhile to adjust before the brilliant white sheets come into my reality, the space beside me in the bed is vaguely creased and disheveled, sparking a sudden moment of reminiscence from the night before.

 

I sit up, gasping loudly as I hold the sheets to my body and stumble to my feet, I search around the room and find him sitting on a chair at the balcony, a cigarette in his mouth, camera in hand. I felt extreme disquietude take over me as I briskly began to dress myself in some clothes I had found folded on the nightstand, I didn't notice how violently my hands were shaking until I put on my mask and cap, I inhaled deeply.

 

As I looked down to the denim shorts and baggy shirt I was wearing a heard a heavy sigh come from the balcony.

 

‘He won't notice you’

 

I keep repeating this to myself until I hear the shrill of a phone echo through the hotel room, my back stiffens as Yoongi’s chair scrapes back across the floor.

 

I back away towards the door as he looks towards the bed, his expression becomes one of surprise as his eyes easily appraise me “Hani? When did you wake up?”

 

He picks up his phone, holding it beside him whilst he is purely focused on me -I just feel my face become numb, my jaw locking as I twist the door knob and walk out “Wait!” I hear him yell as I pull the hat down even further as I begin practically running out of the hotel into an unknown part of town.

 

I bump into a person on the street, my nerves getting the best of me I grab their arm “I’m sorry, I think im lost, how far away am I from the town centre?”

 

The woman looked at me pitifully, did I really look that bad?

 

“Not that far, It’s just a 15 minute walk to the beach”

 

“Thank you” I whispered, bowing my head as I begin partially running toward the place she pointed to, thoughts race through my mind, I begin remembering more and more about the night before, a sudden nausea comes over me.

 

I yank down my mask as I throw up into a nearby trash can, my hand resting on the wall. I don’t remember how much I drank, but I know that it was enough for me to something ridiculously stupid with Yoongi.

 

“Hani?” A voice echoes into the alley rather than at me, I regretfully recognise the owner “What are you doing here, you didn’t come back last night-”

 

I turn to face him, a weak grin on my face “I drank too much, I ended up crashing in a hotel I was just about to head back” I push myself up from leaning on the wall, wincing as my body aches unusually.

 

“You need some food and a cold glass of orange” He laughs as he puts his arm around me and pats my back “I was heading to get dinner anyway” I put my arm around his back in return so it doesn't entirely look like he’s dragging me around.

 

“Taehyung you don’t need to do this for me really, We can just head home and whip up some noodles, I-” I bite my tongue as I was about to tell him how Yoongi could come out of that hotel any minute and see me, god knows what he will say.

 

Taehyung sits me down at a table that is just outside a little bistro, we have an umbrella in between the table for shade “What would you like?”

 

“English breakfast double EVERYTHING” I emphasise the last as I push up my sunglasses, trying to pay no mind to the fact that I didn’t get very far from the hotel.

 

“So an American breakfast with orange, Alright” He nods and leaves me to order the food, I can’t help but stare at the entrance of the hotel that is only just in my sights.

 

Time seems to pass slowly as more important details come to mind, I don’t remember Yoongi taking the time to be careful, or me even bothering to stop him before he -

 

“They had already made plenty of everything, eat up” Taehyung grins as he puts down the plates, I mutter a sincere ‘thank you’ before I begin eating the contents. I begin to wonder who I could trust to talk to, the only person that comes to mind is the man sat in front of me, even though I know he and I barely know each other

 

As I put my fork and knife down on my empty plate I take some orange to smoothen it out “Taehyung, do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter