Photo

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you stop staring at me? I can feel it in the back of my head” I hiss as I pull the sheet further over my shoulders, at this point my head is practically buried in the pillow.

We had all decided to try and sleep off the jetlag until 10 in the morning, but so far I haven't been able to get a seconds rest because of Yoongi.

“Will you stop wriggling around then? It's hard not to stare when you look like the sheets are strangling you” I hear Yoongi huff dramatically, I turn to face him as my position had become uncomfortable, he was laying with his arms crossed and under his head, one headphone in, eyes looking directly at me.

“Do you know how uncomfortable this bed is?” I whine as I turn onto my back, staring in exasperation at the ceiling “It feels like the springs are prodding me on purpose”

We had closed the curtains so the room was completely pitch black except for a small light between our beds, It was a failed attempt of trying to get some rest.

“It cant be that bad” He mutters, I watch as he gets up and makes his way over, my body goes stiff, I'm lost with how to react.

“What do you think you are doing?” I ask as I shuffle in the bed, In response the mattress groans.

“I'm testing out your bed, Mine seems to be fine” He pulls out his headphone and places his phone on the side before climbing over me, his arms are on either side of my head, his eyes glisten even in the dark as his hair brushes my forehead.

“Y-Yoongi you don't have to-“ I stutter as he is close to me, afraid he may hear my heavy breathing the cover goes over my mouth

“Shh” He hushes me momentarily before laying beside me, I make a gap between us, feeling like any touch could be mistaken, I wish my heart would slow, why oh why is it racing.

I close my eyes out of fear of what he is going to do, although I find myself feeling stupid at the thought of fearing Yoongi.

I suddenly feel his breath on my face, my entire spine stiffens up.

“I-I think I can cope with it now..” I whisper softly – to the point where I’m not sure if he even heard me.

“So you want to sleep on an uncomfy bed?” He mumbles directly into my ear “You will have a bad back if you stay on here any longer”

“Like you care” I open my eyes timidly, only to be greeted by Yoongi’s face inches from my own yet again “Where will I sleep?” I ask, painfully aware of our intimate situation.

“In my bed” He pauses “Of course I'm not going to sleep here, so we will have to share” He sighs to himself “I'm too nice really...”

“Really?” I question sceptically as I sit up and look down at him “You want to share a bed? When you know people come in to wake us up, what will they think?”

I'm seriously considering sleeping in the bed at this point, Not for Yoongi, for the sleep of course.

“Screw what they think, they gave you a bed that not even a statue would sleep on” He shrugs and sits up, climbing over me again “I'm not going to do anything either, I’m as tired as you” He yawns honestly as he gets back in his own bed.

“I think you might regret it when you wake up” I mutter as I throw off my covers and hesitantly go to lie beside him with my back facing him.

Everything is silent for a while until I feel Yoongi move my hair behind my ear, he places a headphone in my ear. I was about to complain but a soft piano melody floated into my ears, I recognised it as the song he had played for me that day we danced.

I begin to drift off to the soft sound, unphased and unquestioning of why Yoongi had put the headphone in my ear.

I didn't know if I was dreaming or if it was real, but I felt Yoongi’s hand brush against my back to pull down my shirt to cover my skin, I could have sworn I heard the whisper “Tease” somewhere, I must have been dreaming.

Sometime in the morning, the curtains were opened so I woke to be blinde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter