News Flash

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood waiting for public transport at a bus stop outside of the hotel, I had to purchase a mask from a nearby store - but luckily I had Yoongi’s hat still in my bag. It had begun raining quite heavily, I instantly felt the cold as I only had on a jacket that felt paper thin at this point, the stop was sheltering me partially from the rain itself, yet some still managed to get in my shoes.

I looked down to my phone as it began buzzing once again, but it was a call from a private number, cautiously I hovered my thumb over the answer button - could this be him trying any way to reach me? I pressed it to my ear “Hello…?” My hot breath hit my freezing hand, the warmth momentarily comforting.

“Han-Byul?” I held back my sigh of relief as I recognised the doctors voice, but his tone was overly careful “Where are you?”

I could almost taste the caution in his words “I’m waiting for a bus to come back there to see y-“

“Don’t, don't come back here - not yet” I could hear him furiously clicking his pen even through the phone “So you haven’t seen the news?”

Fear crept up my spine, so many possibilities rushing through my head - of course they were all of the worst case scenario. Had Yoongi done something? Had a fan done something? Had someone at bighit lit up more rumours? I tried to steady my breath before continuing on the phone, knowing that my voice would be shaky “I haven't, I stayed at a hotel, but you don't understand I need to come back” I paused, holding my hand out for the bus “I need to come back NOW and get this over”

“Han-Byul i'm going to speak to you unprofessionally” His voice was serious “I know you want to go through with this but If you come back you are putting your own life at risk” He pauses once again before letting out a sigh “They know, it's all over the media, and somehow the name of this clinic got thrown into the mix the place is practically surrounded by the press and fans”

I glared out of the bus window as I took a seat right at the front, making sure not to make contact with anyone as right now it feels as if everyone's eyes are on me “So” I breathed into the phone, keeping my voice down “I'm on my way, I'll make it through somehow, no one will recognise me” I hang up the phone shortly after, clasping it in both of my hands and hanging my head. Only then do I realise how hard my heart is thumping against my chest and how ragged my breathing is, I blink several times to usher away the overwhelming dizziness that overcomes me.

I hesitate as I open my phone, flicking over to the news section.

‘BTS STAR IN SCANDAL WITH EX-ARTIST?’

There was a video below the title of a woman in a suit, she was stood outside a building holding a microphone, her expression was glazed with mischief.

‘Han-Byul, a former makeup artist, has been seen with Yoongi on several occasions. The location of the pair is unknown but were seen getting in a car together by fans- An anonymous source who admits they had been following the two during a recording for an upcoming V-LIVE saw Han-Byul was attacked by a crazed fan , following this she was taken to the hospital and it was then anonymous seeked out further information’

I began to scowl as my heart leapt faster against my chest, how much more does this woman say! Knowing someone was watching us this whole time began to make my skin crawl, even thinking that somewhere in this video they had robbed me of my privacy disgusts me - regardless I continue to listen.

‘Anonymous needed proof before coming forward but just over an hour ago we received a positive clinical sample from the hospital in Dubai, Han-Byul is carrying child and it is most likely linked to BTS star Yoongi!’

As she said that there was an outrage amongst fans around her who were waiting for the story, I switched off the video and all I could hear was ringing in my ears, it was as if the ground had disappeared beneath me, I clutched onto the handrail in a panic as I felt myself slip forward.

 

“Yoongi knows” I whisper to myself in a frantic state as I press the buzzer and stand up to get off the bus, I looked around the bus, expecting everyone to crowd around me, but they all just gave me funny glares. My entire being was shaking as I practically fled from the bus, realising I was only a fifteen minute walk from where I needed to be I started to walk but it was as If my legs had turned to jelly, I leaned into the wall for support.

 

I could hardly breathe, it felt as if I was breathing in fire. The more I worked myself up the more pain began to spread throughout my body, I began to feel an unbearable aching sensation in my stomach. All of my reality is suddenly surreal, has this really happened?

 

My life has just been invaded by the very people I’ve been trying to avoid, how could they breach my privacy like that? Who was the person who had followed us all this time?

 

The more I thought about it the more loose ends I began to collect, I dragged myself along the wall, my thoughts travelling back to Yoongi as I wondered where he could be now and how angry he was at me. I should have told him, but I couldn’t.

 

I couldn’t have done that to him.

 

But now a group of complete strangers has told him the one thing I’ve been trying to hide.

 

I look ahead through my blurry vision, seeing a crowd of people heading in my direction, but before I can decide what to do I collapse into a side alley, sliding right onto my behind. I clutch my phone to my chest as the crowd passes, their angry murmurs passing me within seconds.

 

I looked down toward the buzzing In my hand, without looking at the caller ID I jabbed at my phone and pressed it to my ear “Hello?” I whispered in a shaky voice, holding my head as it begins to throb.

 

“Where are you?” An agitated voice speaks from the phone, in the background I can hear an engine revving “Not a sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter