Lies

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was anxious to take off my shirt and reveal my bare stomach, although Yoongi did it all for me anyway. I tried not to wrap my arms around myself as it would only make what he was trying to do harder, without a word he silently unravelled the stained bandage with a sigh “What am I going to do with you hm?” He asks in a soft tone as he dabs some disinfectant around the wound, I winced at the sharp pain that followed each time, he didn't seem phased by the look of my stomach, maybe he assumed it was swelling from the wound, his svelte fingers gently brushed over the area of my ribs, just as they edged around the bottom of my bra he leaned back and inhaled deeply.

I only realised when he pulled away how heated my face was, I let out a ragged breath - watching him with cautious eyes “I’ll get you another shirt” His voice was strained as he the cut on my lip sensitively “What a sight this is, blushing and all busted up” as he got up I saw that his cheeks were a slight shade of pink, I looked down as I smiled at this. I knew he wasn’t always this unphased man who never got embarrassed, but what I had just witnessed was certainly a rare sight. 

As I raised my head a shirt was shoved over my head, as my head poked through his lips connected with mine, I hesitated for a moment feeling a heavy jab to my heart before shoving my arms through the sleeves and breaking away from him without making eye contact “Why are you like this?” He asks in a frustrated tone, following me as I walk toward the kitchen. 

“You know why” I whisper as I open the fridge, looking at him for a split second, he is leaning on one of the pillars connected to the counter, he has his arms crossed about his chest, I also looked down to the shirt he had put me in, I recognised this shirt, this was a replica of the one he wore on the beach in Dubai “You should just respect how I feel, If I decide I want you... I'll come and get you~” I smiled again at the last part, taking a sip of some fresh orange before closing it again.  

“But that just it isn't it?” He sighs and gets his phone from his jean pocket “You do want me - you are just deciding to do what you THINK is right or to do what you want for a change” He pauses putting his phone onto the counter before sliding his hand into mine “By the way - your version of being right is totally off scale” 

“You are one to talk, your version is taking me off to this place like it's a honeymoon or something” I mumble as I squeeze his hand “This is enough for me right now” I scowl, knowing this is going to be difficult either way “I don’t want you to be mad at me if I decide to stay away” 

“You won’t choose that” His voice is strong, certain, he has no sign of worry in his facial expression or face “I decided for us to eat out, they will have our order when we get there so we can just sit” He shrugs his shoulders, something i’ve noticed he does to relieve stress “Just don’t be so against all this, if you go in with a negative mindset then there is going to be negative results” 

How can I be positive in my situation? Impossible. 

The streets were enclosed, quite small considering cars came up and down here. Yoongi greeted all the locals after they had said hello, he seemed well connected with all of the people up here, they were all aged so I doubt they would really care about his popularity status. He never once let go of my hand, part of me thought that he was afraid I’d try running back to the car and leave him here “Why are you so determined? Besides the factor of wanting me” I ask suddenly, although he does not pause to answer this.

“I’ve never done anything for myself, I too always did what was best for others, but sometimes I have learnt that it's good to have what's best for myself too” His pace slows down as we reach a small take out that has many secluded seats in its garden “And right now I believe this is what's best for me” He says simply as we walk into this place, he sits me down in one of the chairs before going to collect the food.

Isn't it sad? It’s so tragic how things have turned out. I could be in his arms, all of this could be just like one big romantic getaway. I could kiss him without feeling guilty, I could hold his hand without fearing that he could accidentally feel my stomach, I could look at him without knowing - without even thinking what to do about my problem. But fate has decided not to give me what I want so easily.

I want him, I said it, but I dare not speak it to him. How can I describe how much pain I am in seeing the guy i'm slowly falling for reach out to me so many times and wanting to return every touch and glance but not being able to. One of my main options slowly dwindled away as we came into Daegu, I don’t know what to do - I can not burden him with this.

I brushed my thumb over my knuckles in brief thought, my safe options were definately limited.

“Eat up, he just took it off the grill” Yoongi had a wide grin on his face as he slid both plates onto the table, he also pushed two bottles of soju onto the table, I frowned and turned to look at the percentage on the bottle.

“Can I just have a soda? I don't feel like drinking” I smile apologetically, pushing the other bottle toward Yoongi as he silently gets up to grab me another drink “Thank’s” I mumble as he gives me a questioning look, he silently snaps his chopsticks and begins to eat, I join him “This is amazing food!” I say in awe as I chew on the pork belly. 

“I used to come here all the time, it's the only place I eat” He says simply, tapping the bottle with his chopstick “How come you didn't want this? I know you usually like alcohol” I stared at my food whilst he asked this, swirling some of the noodles with my chopstick.

“I just wasn’t in the mood ok? I don’t want to drink” My voice is sour as I shove another massive mouthful in my mouth, up the one stray noodle that fell from my mouth “But at least you have two now right?” 

I feel his eyes appraising me cautiously “Fine” He mumbles, taking a sip “I hope you aren't doing it just because you are afraid to get drunk” He reaches over and takes the corn that I had pushed to the side of my plate, In our silence I notice music suddenly coming from the other side of the garden, there is a small band playing with guitars - an elder guy singing, he seems to be looking directly toward us, I try not to look as he begins the song, I soon realise it is an old love song - and he was singing it at me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter