Daegu

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I glared at the wall from the floor that we had both fallen asleep on with some pillows and blankets he had stashed away, His sleeping breaths would bat against my skin, sending a shudder down my spine as I tried not to think about what had happened. I slowly pushed the blankets off my body an began getting dressed - grateful that I had not been feeling any nausea since I woke up, I let my gaze drift over to him, his hand outstretched to touch were I would have been - he looked so peaceful in his sleep. 

I sat on the chair and looked back at the computer, biting my lip as I looked over the video again. He had created all of this to try and set him; us free from the criticism of the media, but I was afraid It would only make it worse, especially since they were getting attention from the USA now. Even though I knew I should have - I could not find it within my to delete his hard work, but I had to persuade him not to release the video, it could end not just his career but girls would be after his life. 

My phone suddenly buzzed loudly, I swiped it quickly from the side and glared at the text message I had received, It was from the hospital ‘We have pushed your appointment to today, come ASAP” the ASAP in the message was bold underline, I frowned at this letting out a heavy sigh as I wondered what the rush was; but I was grateful for the date being pushed closer.

I took a yellow sticky from his pad, writing him a note to partially explain my absence :
‘Last night, I think we got carried away with our emotions, I wont say this again - we need to break away for the better good, you need to realise what kind of position you are in as a pop star, you are not just a handsome guy from Daegu anymore, please do not come looking for me Gi...you know it's better this way :)’ 

I stuck this to the middle of his computer, letting out a soft sigh as I picked up his jacket from the back of the chair - It was ok to at least take one souvenir right? I pressed the neck part of it gently to my face for comfort, his aftershave gently wafting toward me, the scent was a mixture of berries and something that made it into a deeper smell. I gently slid my arms through it before unlocking his door and making my way out, I took the back exit - deciding to ditch my car as he could easily find that if he wakes in the next few minutes. 

As I begin walking down the pavement I felt something wet hit my cheek, I looked up and saw that the sky was swarming with grey clouds, I sighed as the rain began to hit the pavement in a drizzle, I flipped up the hood of the jacket and zipped it up halfway, picking up the pace at which I was walking. 

I ignored the stabbing pain in my stomach from the wound until it became a stitch which forced me then to slow down into a walk, I was breathing heavily as my arm curled around myself, I just shook my head as I recognised the road, I was halfway there and yet I haven't had a single thought  - not a single doubt.

I suddenly heard excited mumbling from behind me, I glanced briefly over my shoulder to see a woman holding what looked like her phone right in front of her face, there were around 4 of them doing the exact same thing “Yah!!! Han-byul unnie!” One of them yells at me in a sickly sweet voice which makes me shudder, despite the pain I continue walking faster, pulling the hood further down as I also hear their steps increasing “Is that oppa’s jacket? Where did you get it!” One of them screams in what seems to be shock, they begin grabbing the jacket and attempting to yank it from my body but I eventually trip over my own feet -luckily catching myself on a nearby bench, I was shaking madly, I moved my hand and saw that there was a little bit of blood.

I heard their laughing stop as they came closer “Uh..thats blood! She’s bleeding!” I close my eyes turning my head away from them all as I try and slow my breathing “Jinri help her…” One of them ushers in a panicked tone, but another one of them continued to slap at me and yank at the jacket “It doesn't matter! She might as well be dead if she really is with him!” One of them sneers.

“Stop!” I yell at them, turning around and shoving one of them on the floor “Do you have no respect for other people? Little brat” I tut at her and rearrange the jacket, trying to act calm despite the sudden throbbing feeling in my stomach “What would Yoongi think? I’m sure he would be ashamed that any fans of his were attacking his co-worker!” 

“Co-worker my ! We know you are more than that!” The one on the floor yells as she gets back to her feet “You are trying to steal him all to yourself, we see all you want is his money!” before I can verbally defend myself she lunges at me and scratches my face, to which I retaliate by punching her across hers, she gets in a cheap shot on my lower face, the rest of the girls are yelling incoherent things as suddenly a white volvo slid safely in between the crowd- my heart sank as the drivers door swung open, I tried to pull away from the girl to try and escape but she had a hold of my hair.

The girls turned to excited screams as the last person I wanted to see on earth stormed over and swiftly disconnected her, he shook the fan violently “Touch her again and I will make sure you are banned from every concert and fan sign” His voice is gruff as he hastily escorts me toward his car, ignoring the girls cries as he gently pushes me into the passengers side I try to resist “Yoongi I have somewhere-”

“Now isn't the time just move it!” He urgently continues to push me in the car before slamming the door in my face, he then hurries over to the drivers size before revving the engine and racing down the empty road - I look at him in horror as he takes off his mask - why is he here?

Does he know? He can't know that’s impossible he isn't a mind reader.

“Are you ok?” He suddenly asks, his eyes flickering from the road toward me as he pulls his mask from his face“Your shirt, is that blood? Also your face...” He mumbles disapprovingly, rubbing the wheel with his thumb as he formulated some sort of plan “I..I got your note” He said in a sheepsh voice, tilting his head from side to side as if he was deciding something.

“So why didn’t you listen to me?” I ask, my heart lurching down into my stomach as I see we drive straight past the clinic, my hands are in anxious fists as I rub the soft material of the jacket for comfort “Why don’t you ever listen to me when it comes to your well being?”

He lets out a soft chuckle before laying back his head onto the headrest of the chair “If you tell me not to follow you of course I am going to sweetheart, those are the rules” He then exhales deeply “On the second point - that because you have been wrong about that recently, since you seem intent on running away from what you truly desire I'm going to have to prove to you that you should go for what you want - regardless of what happens to the both of us”

Relief sank into my bones as he had no idea what I had o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter