Red Room

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had recovered surprisingly quickly from the wound, but I still had to take my time walking around - and I couldn’t go far. Being unable to go where I wanted really bothered me to hell, but I had been able to drive myself home - I took refuge on my own couch as it was cooler in the living room. I kept having hot flushes that I would rather not know where they came from, I also felt odd things In my stomach, nothing that I dared to even pay much attention to - I was frightened that If I thought too much I would change my mind.

I had advised the hospital staff not to tell anyone who came asking for my whereabouts to tell them where I was, although there were only a few places they could really look. I had been ringing my uncle - the manager all morning to request a form of leave to be sent to my house for me to fill in, but he had not yet answered.

I suppose he has to be busy as the press were still hounding for a story on what had happened at the airport, all I played on the television was the news - It had showed up once and the news anchor had said ‘BTS crew member had been assaulted by yet another crazed kpop fan, there is no news to her motive but we should have more on this by the end of the week’

I sighed and thrummed my fingers impatiently on my computer as I waited for it to load, If he wouldn't answer my calls I would just do it myself. I looked up resignation forms for this specific company and printed one off, waiting for all the pages to print on the printer that I had laid on the table for convenience. 

Just as I swiped them from the tray my phone begin to buzz on the table, the caller ID read ‘Yoongi Min’, I hesitated before swiping my finger across the answer button “What is it? I’m kind of in the middle of something here” I mumbled in a sour tone. 

“Why didn't you tell me that you had discharged yourself from the hospital?” His tone was blunt, I heard the rev of his engine as he started it up “The doctors wouldn't tell me where you were either” 

“Because I didn't think you would care?” I paused “You had other things to work on, you need to stop focusing on me, work on your music” I begin filling in the form, putting him on loudspeaker “I told them not to tell anyone as I was afraid the press would come in and ask” the lie fell easily off my tongue, but the sound of him speeding up began to panic me slightly “Where are you going?” I asked idly, trying not to sound worried. 

“You are at your house right? I’m coming to see you” He says in a sarcastic voice as if it was plainly obvious.

“No!” I suddenly yell into the phone, my pen wobbling slightly across one of my sentences “I-I don't want you to come Yoongi” I say as seriously as possible into the phone, every possible thing I could say to stir him away goes through my mind.

“Why not? I haven't seen you all week hardly”

There Is a small pause as I rummage through my thoughts for an excuse “I just want to be alone is that too much to ask? We can see each other sometime else, I only got home yesterday - I need time to re-adjust”

I heard a soft sigh come through the phone, feeling my nerves ebb away as I know he will back down “Fine, If that's what you want i’m not just going to barge in if you don't want me there” I smiled to myself as he said this, biting my lip as I sign my signature at the bottom of the paper “I will see you soon though” 

After he said that he hung up, It didn't seem much like a question - He seemed determined to see me but respected my privacy. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the time he has seen me in the hospital was probably the last time, The chances of be bumping into him in the building when I went to hand these in was highly unlikely. 

I shoved the documents into my bag - deciding to leave it till tomorrow, It was to idiotic to go there now when Yoongi would be on high alert. I closed the lid of my laptop and slowly made my way over to the bathroom, splashing my face with water. My eyes traveled down to my stomach, my grip tightened on the counter as I saw that my body was curving outward only slightly, you wouldn't be able to tell unless I wore something that clung to my skin. 

I hesitated before putting my hand on my stomach, I hadn't really give myself the time to come to terms with this - but in the same thought I could not let myself get attached, even thinking of continuing with this pregnancy would be so selfish of me. I shook my head and fled from the bathroom, slamming the door behind me, I lay myself on the couch and took some paracetamol before falling asleep. 

I was restless - the thought of the week to come disgruntled me, tomorrow was only one step in the right direction. 

I stared at the building from my car laying my head on my steering wheel as a bout of nausea had suddenly flushed over me, the car park was empty except for one or two cars - this lead me to believe that there were not a lot of people In the building yet, I had purposefully got there early. 

I took the keys from the wheel and put them inside of my bag, I made sure to wear loose clothing today, I was feeling more self-conscious than usual. I took my badge and scanned it at the front door, they opened easily - allowing me to briskly walk in - the receptionist does not blink an eye - obviously recognising me. 

I took the lift, pressing the highest number before standing right at the back, I took uneven breaths as the nausea began to get to its peak “Damn it” I hissed under my breath as I closed my eyes and pressed my fingers to my temple, I think of nothing, trying to blank out all of the stress - all of the things that could go wrong. 

As the ping echoed through the elevator I cautiously exited, looking down both sides of the corridor, I edged my way to the manager's office, rapidly knocking on the door - hoping for an immediate response, I had my hand eagerly on the handle, waiting to hear his voice behind the door.

“Come in” A tired voice became clearer to me as I opened the door, his eyes became brighter as he saw me “What a surprise, Hani please take a seat” I shook my head and closed the door after I entered, sliding my documents onto the table, I noticed that my hand was shaking, I curled it up into a fist. 

“Whats this?” He asks cautiously as he takes it into his own grasp, looking over each of the pages. 

“It’s my resignation” I say simply, deciding to take a seat as my legs were beginning to ache “I can't work here anymore - the toll of what happened to me has really put me off from working here” The lies came of my tongue more naturally than they had ever done before “Please accept this, you understand why I can’t stay right?”

He looks at me in silence for a moment, his eyes understanding “Have you said goodbye to the boys?” 

A tumbleweed randomly strolling across the room would have been perfect in this moment, I awkwardly bit my lip, my leg began jiggling from nerves, I knew who he was asking about, he wasn't really asking about the whole group “No” I cleared my throat “I think It would be better if they had a clean break” 

“I see” He sighed, obviously not approving of my decision “Well I should be able to file these faster than usual d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter