Doctor

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Han-Byul, can you hear me?” An unfamiliar male voice greeted me as I slowly woke from the morphene, I tried to immediately jerk up in the bed but his hand held me down “Please don’t move so quickly you could tear open the wound again” 

My vision cleared and I slowly made sense of the room, on the left side of the room there were windows that went from the ceiling to the floor so I could see out into Seoul, I followed the wire that was connected to my arm, I was connected to a drip, I guessed that the morphene had not completely drifted away as I still only feel a dull ache in my stomach, My gaze swirled to the doctor who had a guarded poker face, a crease of worry imprinted into his forehead.

“Are you alright?” He asks casually as he checks the machine beside me, I just nod slowly and look toward the chart that he has in his hands, He waves it gently In recognition to my staring. 

“I’m ok” I whisper softly “Where is everyone? Did they get out alright?” The doctor smiles to my questions, holding his hand up politely.

“One thing at a time” He chuckles and looks to the door “One of the boys you were with walked all the way from the airport to come here, he is waiting outside but I wouldn’t let him in till you woke, you suffered a puncture to your stomach but it didn't pierce any organs” He paused and pressed his lips together for a moment “You shouldn’t be looking to move around a lot especially in your condition, we were lucky she didn't aim the knife lower”

“What do you mean?” I asked cautiously, rubbing my eyes as my vision often blurred over “From what you said it does not sound like anything but a simple stab wound”

“Ah..I see” His fingers thrummed on his board, looking down at something on the paper “Han-byul you might want to lay back for a moment or two” His smile is fleeting as he looks me directly in the eyes, I sense sympathy echoes in his eyes.

“What’s wrong? Is there something I am missing here?” I ask impatiently, my voice coming across In a dull tone as I put my hand across my bandaged stomach, I sigh in frustration.

“I have to tell you because I assumed you would have known” His eyes scrunch up for a moment as If he was having difficulty wording his sentence “I don't want you to panic, but you are expecting, I don't blame you for not knowing the scans suggest that you are still early-”

My heart had fallen from its nest and had been swallowed up by the acid in my stomach, my hands tensed, curling into the bed sheets beside me - I felt pure shock; even dread light up in my expression “You don't mean to say I’m…” The word refuses to come out of my mouth, I feel hot tears relentlessly dribble down my face as my hand goes over my mouth.

“I’m sorry, I thought you would have been happy with this news” He stands up from his chair “They say around 7 weeks but they could not be sure, we had to take samples from the embryonic sac as the knife did come close so we had to check there was no damage” He pushes the chair back into its place, He then places a hand on my shoulder “As a doctor, know I am here to help If you wish to talk about your options further” He says this in a solemn tone as he begins to exit the room, knowing there is nothing more he can say.

I was quaking with emotion, my breaths were rapid into my hand. A mother was ideally supposed to feel happy over such news, but I felt nothing but fear and anger. How could those pills not have worked?! 

I think back, remembering how I had thrown up - a shudder rolls down my spine at how reckless I have been. I wrapped my arms securely around myself, letting the tears pool around my neck. If anyone finds out something worse than today could happen to me, even to the boys. 

If news comes out that I'm pregnant who is the first people they are going to turn to? Obviously the men I have spent all summer with - but who is it they know i've been hovering over; Min Yoongi. 

Appalling thoughts twisted through my mind as I imagine what could happen to him if someone connects all of the dots, crazy fans who could set out to hurt him over this, he could lose his job - all the things I have been trying to avoid.

Why was this happening?

Through my tear stained vision I saw someone enter through the door, I was no longer alone to dwell In the pit in the recent news. I wiped my eyes, knowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter