Letter

The Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I shuffle through the letters in my hand, rolling my eyes at the countless letters telling me about my bills and other junk mail. '15% off all clothing' I scoff at the pamphlet, most of the clothes in there I'm not sure even an idol could afford, I flick open my bin and chuck them in, holding one of the heavier letters in my other hand.

My eyes appraise the letter, it's a sweet shade of red, there is no indication to where it came from, just a small window showing my address and name. I sit on the edge of my curved chair, putting my hand through my hair with a small sigh.

What could this be? An invitation to a wedding of some friends I haven't been keeping in touch with? Or maybe it's someone's birthday I missed out on...

I begin to get frustrated with myself as I continue to guess; with eager eyes I stick my finger under the flap of the envelope, opening it easily with a pleasant ripping noise. A small, plastic card clatters onto my wooden floor, following a thick booklet. I curiously look at the card as I collect it In my hand,  seeing a photo of myself there with my name beneath, there is also a collection of number and the title 'Makeup Manager' 

I'm suddenly winded by surprise, a short breath floats from my lips, my eyes go wide as I realise what this is, I got accepted into the job! 

I scramble onto my knees and pick up the booklet, looking at the title 'Rules and Procedures' I open the first page and begin to read, my mouth twitches a little as I see the rules, who would want to date a co-worker or the people you are putting makeup on? 

A single piece of paper slides onto my lap from the booklet, I see that it has a few questions on it, I sigh a little, thinking I had answered all of these beforehand, in big black letters it reads 'HAND IN BEFORE WORK SCHEDULE'

I rise to my feet, putting the card in my pocket along with the rulebook; as I pull out a pen from a pot beside my egg chair I can't help but feel slightly excited to be working as a makeup artist.

I lean over the kitchen worktop and scan my eyes over the questions.

'Are you aware of our confidentiality agreement?' I tick yes, confused about why there might be something confidential involved in makeup.

'Are you aware of the band BTS (bangtansonyeondan)?' I tick no, although I think my sister mentioned them one time, I have never ventured into their music, I prefer piano melodies and smooth music rather than rock music, which is me assuming that they are a rock band. 

The rest of the questions are about my personal health and my previous reputation In jobs, with a smile I finish the final question, folding it neatly before going to put it in my bag, along with the other two important items.

I remember my time to start today is 12:30, the time now is 11:23, I nod to myself with a galloping heart, venturing into my bedroom. I take off the ragged top I was wearing, replacing it with a long-sleeved white top, I then slip on some denim jeans.

I drag a brush through my chocolate kissed hair that flows past my shoulders, spraying myself with my favourite perfume that has scents of vanilla and coconut. I rush to the front door and grab my Spongebob socks from the radiator, slipping them on my eager feet. I then grab my blue timberlands from the shoe rack and urge my feet into them, tying the laces tight as I yank my white bag from the stool. 

I can't believe I'm doing this! I've been waiting years to become a manager of my profession! I have a big smile on my face as I close the door to my apartment and lock it securely.

My blood feels like static crawling through my veins, I feel so ecstatic I have to withhold a scream from bursting out of my lips.I try my hardest to focus on my thoughts as I try and remember where I am going, I know it is quite a large building, my thoughts recall something of the likes of 'Bighit Entertainment' 

I walk for around half an hour, finally finding the building hidden cleverly between two business buildings, I see that this street is quite quiet. Nothing but a couple of stalls for fast food, with a relieved sigh I go up to the door, seeing a key card slot at the entrance. I reach my hand into my bag, scrambling around for the card I received not too long ago. I insert the card into the slot, a small beep echoing from inside. This is it, I can't turn back now. 

I take a deep breath as I take back my card, opening the door easily. The male receptionist smiles at me, I see all my credentials already on his screen. I walk over to him and grab the papers from my bag, handing them over to him. His eyes widen as he begins reading over one of the questions but he smiles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter