009

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung sat alone in the library with papers sprawled all over the table, his study notes he had to organize before exam and college entrance test season came around. This time things actually mattered so he had to get organized as soon as possible. That was until Jimin came by, stole some of his notes and messed up his pile. Taehyung hit his friend in the back with the workbook that was conveniently in his hand before he ran away again, claiming he’d give them back after he finished copying them. He wondered why he didn’t just take a picture of them but he figured Jimin was just trying to mess with him again.

With Jimin gone, he continued what he was doing before almost forgetting where he left off but got interrupted again.

“Studying, already?” Sujeong took a seat in front of him.

“Well we only have a month left…” He reminded her.

Sujeong did a good job on trying not to think about the exams at the end of the month, but maybe she should start studying too. She put her bag down, ped it and pulled one of her books out. 

As she put it down on the table, she noticed 2 figures at the corner of her eye standing between one of the book racks. She turned her head to see Yein and Jungkook. Yein had a book in her hands while Jungkook stood behind with his arms wrapped around her and his head resting on her shoulder.

“Those two look friendly today…” She observed them, making Taehyung turn his head towards their direction.

Yein soon turned her head and made eye contact with Sujeong. Sujeong waved to her while raising an eyebrow. Yein did the same and then whispered something to Jungkook. He nodded his head and they began walking towards their table hand in hand.

“Have you two finally started dating?” She asked sarcastically.

Yein and Jungkook quickly glanced at each other before Jungkook nodded slightly, taking Sujeong by surprise. She looked at them with wide open, “Seriously?”

They raised their hands to show their fingers locked together, “It’s official now.”

Sujeong looked at Taehyung who stared at them in awe then back to the smiling couple, “Aw, congrats guys.”

Yein and Jungkook eventually left to go do their own thing leaving Sujeong with Taehyung.

“Wow, they actually had feelings for each other.” She exclaimed but Taehyung didn’t respond to her.

“Are you gonna be okay?” She asked

He nodded but it didn’t convince her, “Are you sure?”

This time he actually responded without looking up from his papers, “Yeah, don’t worry about me. It’s just a small crush anyways. Jungkook and Yein have been getting pretty close lately, anyone could have seen it coming.”

“Have you been avoiding me after telling me about it?” Her expression dimmed down as she finally confronted him about it.

“I just didn’t know how’d you react.” He confessed.

“It did surprise me but you know I would never judge you or anything.” 

He finally looked up at her and smiled a little, “I know.”

A few moments later, they got back to their books and notes. They studied silently for the next hour until Sujeong decided to finish off at home. She began packing her bag and announced to him she was leaving. 

Right before she was about to leave, she heard Taehyung say something.

“Love ya, Jeongie.” He grinned

Normally when he said that, she pretended to be grossed out or scolded him for being so cheesy, but this time she only grinned with him.

 

 

One afternoon Yein got called in to help out at Aunt Choi’s library since they were apparently getting a big shipment of new books. She arrived early and waited around for the books to come in. She sat behind one of the desk and played with her phone. She finger soon wavered above a certain name.

To: Jungkook 

“Whatcha doing? ^^”

From: Jungkook

“Laying in bed. I’m bored :(” 

From: Jungkook

“Come and save me from this boredom.”

She tried to keep her smiles to herself since she was in public, but to be honest she was a little bored too.

To: Jungkook

“I would but we have a new shipment coming in any minute :(”

From: Jungkook

“But I miss you”

This time she couldn’t keep her smile to herself, he was cute.

“Yein, the books are here!” Aunt Choi called out to her excitedly

“Coming” She responded as she sent her last text.

To: Jungkook

“Shipments here gotta go, ttly 😘 ”

Yein put her phone in her back pocket and made her way to the back room. There were a bunch of boxes stacked on top of each other, about 16 of them. 

“Woah, there’s so many.” No wonder they called her in suddenly.

“A really old library in the suburbs shut down recently so they sent us most of their stuff.” Aunt Choi said as she started cutting open one of the boxes revealing really old and dusty books. 

Yein did the same, cut the boxes open, sorted through what was good and what was not and tried to find any good reads. As she looked through everything, she realized everything was written in the previous centuries. Probably the reason why they shut down, because only a small amount of people actually read such old material.

The dust was startin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter