014

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It all happened so quickly. The road began to curve and there was a truck coming from the other direction, but it was going too fast. As it came towards the curve, it lost control. It swerved into their lane and crashed into them head on. The impact caused the vehicle to hit the side of the mountain they were beside. The crash echoed across the area.

When Yein was met with smoke when she opened her eyes. Looking around, there was glass everywhere and she could see the truck that slammed into them. She felt intense pain in her neck, back and shoulder from the impact. The damage was bad.

“No, no, no, no, no, this isn’t happening.” She thought.

She looked over to Jungkook, ignoring the pain in her neck when she turned her head towards him. Their hands were still interlocked. His head leaned against the now cracked windshield and he didn’t respond when she lightly shook his hand or said his name. Her eyes began to water. 

She let go of his hand and turned towards the front. She tried to move her body forward but the seatbelt restricted her movement. Pushing the button did nothing, it was stuck. 

This time she called out to Taehyung and Sujeong, but none of them responded to her either. Sitting behind the drivers seat, she reached out and placed her hand on Taehyung’s arm. He was completely limp and still didn’t respond to her touch. Her hand felt wet when she touched him. She pulled her hand back and she looked with horror at the sight, blood. It covered most of her hand. Looking over to Sujeong, her head was in an awkward position and her long hair covered her face. There was glass on her lap. Yein could only see her left arm, but her sleeve was stained red. 

The tears were flowing now. She didn’t want to believe this was real, maybe the universe was playing a trick on her. Somehow, she was still conscious and sustained the less severe injuries. The people she cared most about were all on the verge of dying or maybe even dead, but there was no way she would let that happen. In the middle of her tears, she thought there must be something that could be done. As she looked down, her eyes were met with her bag between her feet and she paused, the book was there. The idea suddenly clicked. She quickly wiped her hand on her pants and with all the strength she had left, she pulled the bag to her lap and threw all her belongings out until she found it. She threw her bag back on the floor and opened to the page with the time spell. If she could successfully recite the spell, she could go back in time and prevent this from happening. She quickly read over the page, it will take you to the place in your deepest thoughts. So if she thought hard enough, it should work. She recited the words in her head a few times. She only needed to go back to before they left.

Yein closed her eyes and thought hard about the moment she woke up that morning, making sure to focus on the details. What the top of their tent looked like, the blinding sunlight, how peaceful Sujeong looked while sleeping. This was the only way, it had to work.

She took a deep breathe and began to recite the spell. When she finished, she kept her eyes closed and waited. She was about to open her eyes when she felt nothing happening but all of the sudden, there was a weird sensation and she felt her body getting pulled back and twisted. It only lasted a few seconds and then stopped.

Slowly she opened her eyes again. She was no longer sitting in the car, she was sitting on a bed. Looking around she panicked a little since this wasn’t the place she thought about, she was in a bedroom but it wasn’t her own. This one was much more plain than her own, it only had a bed, a desk and a closet. She got up from the bed and looked out the window next to the bed. This neighbourhood wasn’t a modern one, the architecture was different. She definitely went back in time.

She looked around the bedroom again and then it hit her. She’d been in the room before. Yein was wrong when she thought this bedroom wasn’t hers, she was standing in the house she grew up in before she was cursed. It took her long enough to realize.

She was still clueless to what year she transported herself into, she looked around her room for a calendar and spotted one on the desk. The year was 1952. Her eyes and mouth widened, so this was the place in her deepest thought? 

1952, she remembered that was the year her mother started messing with spells and used the one that ended up getting passed on to her. She looked down at her hand, the tattoo that indicated how old she was was gone. She was still aging normally at this time. Looking down, she also noticed she was wearing the same clothes. The blood she wiped on her pants was still there and she winced at the sight, but it reminded her of what she was suppose to do. 

She was transported to this place, one that she hadn’t thought of in who knows how long but somehow she still ended up here. The spell really meant deepest thoughts, so she had to find a way to manipulate it quick otherwise she’d be stuck here and possibly unintentionally change the future.

Yein’s thoughts were interrupted when she heard something fall in another room. Someone else was here. It could only be one person, since only 2 people resided it this house. Yein slowly opened the door as quietly as possible. The sound came from the left side, she slowly walked towards where the noise came from and found herself in front of another room. The door was slightly opened and she peeked through. Her legs almost gave out on her when she saw a woman sitting on her knees with a book in front of her. That woman was her mother, someone else that she hadn’t seen in decades after she passed on. Seeing her alive was a lot to take in, she had to rest her hand on the door frame to keep herself from falling and making any noise. Yein watched her mother closely and the images of her came back. It had been so long that she started to forget what she looked like.

Her mother then closed her eyes and began saying something she didn’t understand. She was casting a spell. Yein listened closely, trying to see if she recognized which one she was using and she knew instantly. This was the moment that changed their lives forever, she was casting the one that cursed both of them, the one that was misunderstood as one that’d make you immortal. 

This was the moment she had to change if she wanted to live her life like a normal person. Her mother was still in the middle of reciting it, this was her chance. For so long, she debated on whether she should do this or not. All she had to do was burst through that door and stop her mother, but her legs weren’t moving. She continued to stand there and listen. She wasn’t ready to give up everything and the life she lived yet. She didn’t have the heart to do it.

Soon her mother finished the spell and began to open her eyes. Yein quickly but quietly went back to her room before she could notice she was there. She shut the door and leaned against the door. Her goal was to save her lover and friends but she got sidetracked big time. She decided to continue to pursue that goal, she needed the guarantee that they were fine. She sat back on her bed and flipped the book open again, it said the spell could be manipulated. She had to figure it out soon so she could go back before any butterfly effect could happen.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter