010

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yein woke up the next morning with a headache and puffy face, probably from the information intake yesterday. She lazily got out of bed and did her morning routine, eating breakfast, brushing her teeth and putting her uniform on. As she grabbed her bag, she saw the book still sitting on her desk. The sight of it made her slightly sick so she took it and pushed it under her bed.

Before she left the house, she grabbed the bottle of headache pills and ended up just taking the bottle with her. She debated on just staying home but at the same time, she wanted to distract herself from the events of last night.

So Yein decided to endure the next 7 hours and began her usual walk to school. Like all days, nothing special happened. She walks into class, daydreams when the teachers start lecturing the students about their upcoming exams, tries to read the material to look like she’s studying but begins thinking about the spells she did yesterday.

She moped around for almost half the day so she figured she might as well have some fun. 

During study hall, she sat in front of Jungkook who was reading his book diligently. He had a pink highlighter between his book so Yein covered and recited the transfiguration spell as quietly as possible. To perform this one, all attention must be focused on the object and you have to imagine the object you want it to become. So Yein imagined a pencil and watched his highlighter become a pencil.

When Jungkook flipped his book open to the spot with the pencil, he looked around confused. “Where did my highlighter go?”

Yein kept her giggles to herself as she watched him frantically look around for his highlighter.

“I don’t know.” She said innocently.

When he closed the book with the pencil inside, she repeated the spell and changed it back to the highlighter. He eventually opened it again to find the pink highlighter. He pouted, “But I looked here...”

Yein chuckled even though her prank was pretty lame. Jungkook noticed her.

“What’s so funny?” He asked.

“You’re cute when you pout.” She said instead of revealing the actual truth, but it’s not like what she said was a lie.

Jungkook pouted again and stared at her. 

“Stop it, my old heart can’t take your cuteness.” 

She ended up making both of them laugh again, but they became silent and looked down at their books when the teacher glared at them. They tried to keep silent but failed since they let out a few chuckles when they made eye contact again.

Yein looked around for her next victim and saw Jimin in the corner, he was in the middle of writing something. She noticed a few pens next to him.

She wanted to try something different. She’s heard in the past that if you’re good enough at spells, it’s possible to recite them in your head and still have them work. Although she was never successful whenever she tried, she felt lucky today.

She put her focus on one of Jimin’s pens and said the words of the telekinesis spell in her head. She slowly moved her hand and looked carefully for any movement, but there was nothing. Perhaps she wasn’t skilled enough and needed more practice.

She signed and unconsciously closed her hand. That was when she heard something fall on the floor. She looked over to Jimin as he bent down to pick up his pen that was now on the floor, the same one she tried to move with the spell. Maybe it was a coincidence?

Yein decided to test her luck and try again, she repeated the same process but this time her hand movements were a little more quick. Before she knew it, the pen fell off the table again. She saw Jimin mouthing something along the lines of “why does this keep rolling off?”

She giggled to herself and finally looked back at her page. Rather than reading the content, she thought of all the things she could do without anyone knowing. It was always awkward trying to mouth the gibberish language in public and without anyone knowing, now Yein might be able to pull this stuff off.

When school ended she immediately walked home while going over a few spells in her head but not actually performing them. 

As she entered her room, the first thing she noticed was a corner of the book sticking out from under her bed. She stared at it and debated opening it again. As long as she avoided the black magic section, it should probably do her no harm. 

Yein is soon reading through the other sections and bookmarking which spells could be useful and which ones she could easily perform. There were all sorts of charms and enchantments. Like the night before, she attempted a few of them and most of them succeeded. 

She read through the neutral section when she came across one that could transport you to another time and place. This one intrigued her.

‘If performed properly, this spell will transport one to the place and time in their deepest thoughts but can be manipulated with practice, giving one the power to travel in time to any place during any time period.’

Yein was so eager to attempt this one that she almost forgot to read the bottom part of the section.

‘This spell should only be performed by the most experienced people. Performing this spell ignorantly may result in bad consequences such as getting stuck in a certain time and place.’

After reading that part, Yein refrained. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea yet, so she left a sticky note on the page to look at again later. Her eyes drifted to the part that mentioned one could travel to any place at any time, then it hit her.

The book said that the spell she was stuck with was too powerful to reverse or counteract, but it never said anything about stopping it in the first place.

So if she practiced enough and went back in time to stop her mother from doing the spell in the first place, it would save both of them. That was it, there was a way to save herself but as always, there was a flaw with this plan.

If she wasn’t cursed in the fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter