012

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook got up from his bed and noticed Yein’s stuff was also gone. He told himself she probably went home at one point. He checked his phone but saw no message from her. He still decided to text her just in case.

To: Yein

Are u home?

He put his phone on his nightstand before going to get ready for class.

 

 

Yein woke up that morning and took a moment to realize she was still in Jungkook’s apartment. She looked at the time, 6:03 AM. She looked next to her to see him facing her, still fast asleep. She cautiously got out of his bed and put a blanket over him since hands felt cold.

Grabbing her bag, she was about to run out the door when she remembered there was staff around here. They probably didn’t know about her presence and she wasn’t gonna risk getting Jungkook in trouble.

She carefully listened through the door but it was completely silent. Slowly, she opened the door and peaked outside, no one. She quickly went out, not forgetting to close the door behind her and made her way to the front door. She put her shoes on before going through the front door. If someone was there, they would’ve noticed her shoes. She didn’t think that through but to her luck there was no one else in the house.

Yein ran out the building and caught the bus just before it left. She pulled out her phone and widened her eyes. 9 missed calls and 4 unread text from Aunt Choi. She completely forgot to tell her where she was. She cursed under her breath multiple times as she quickly tried to text her back. Aunt Choi must’ve been so worried or worst, thought she disappeared. 

As soon as she got off the bus, she sprinted towards her complex and keyed in the password. 

As she ran in her house, she found Aunt Choi in the kitchen. She looked up from what she was doing, “Yein?”

“I’m so so sorry, I went to Jungkook’s house late last night, fell asleep and forgot to tell you where I went.” She started to catch her breath.

Aunt Choi went towards her and pulled her into a hug, “Sweetie, it’s okay.”

“You must’ve been so worried and I forgot to check my phone and maybe you thought it happened...” Yein rambled on

“Shh, no it’s okay. You’re here now safe and sound, that’s all that matters.” She pulled away to look at her.

Yein noticed her eyes seemed a little red, she felt extra guilty. She might have been up all night worrying about her or thinking she was gone. 

“I’m making breakfast, have a seat.” She smiled before she turned back to the kitchen.

Yein simply nodded and sat down, letting out a deep breath. She looked at her phone, 1 unread text from Jungkook. She cursed again, she left without leaving a noting or texting him either.

From: Jungkook

Are u home?

To: Jungkook

Yea, I left before u woke up. Sorry, forgot to text or leave a note

From: Jungkook

No worries, see u later love

She chuckled at the last word and made a mental note to herself to make sure she told people where she was.

After finishing the meal, she went to wash up and change into a fresh uniform. She debated skipping school again, but that was already done yesterday. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea since final evaluation was near.

 

 

Most of the day consisted of study hall, it was dead silent since everyone focused on their own thing. Some studied, some were spaced out, some were doodling. The library was even packed with students during break time. 

Realizing she had nothing else to do,Yein decided to work like everyone else. Looking through all her work books, she finally noticed how much work she skipped, especially recently. This could be her last time going through this. No more re-doing school over and over again, part of her felt relief. Although she was used to this lifestyle, she had her limits.

She quickly shook her head as she spaced out again, now isn’t the time to be thinking about these things.

The rest of the week was a repeat of that day. There wasn’t anything to do except study. Again, everyone focused on their own work and there was little social interaction. 

Finally, the week everyone had been dreading came. It was the same every time. Yein would walk into the gates and already feel the stress, she would sit down at her spot and watch her peers go over their notes one last time. She always felt bad for them stressing while she remained unfazed. 

Once they got their exam sheets, she tried to finish as quickly as she could just to get it over with. They always got harder as the years went by. This may be her last time writing one of these, might as well try her best.

 

 

When the teachers posted the results, all the students swarmed around it. There was a good mix of cheers and heavy signs. Somehow, Yein made it to the front without getting shoved and looked for her name. She found it pretty quick.

#2 Jung Yein

So who was #1? She looked above her name and smirked. #1 Kim Taehyung

Of course, he was probably the first one to start preparing out of everyone and came to class with panda eyes everyday. She didn’t have many chances to talk to him lately but she knew how religiously he worked.

She heard many roars and screams towards the side of the hall. It was a group of boys and in the middle was no other than Taehyung. His friends all congratulated him and chanted his name. She looked over at him and they made eye contact, she flashed him a quick smile and he nodded in return before his friends began dragging him down the hall. 

Yein made her way out towards the gates. She suddenly felt an arm around her shoulders and someone’s body crash into hers. She probably would’ve fallen over from the force if it wasn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter