004

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yein found herself spacing out again, until Sujeong nudged her in the elbow.

“Hey, you gonna eat your lunch?” she stared blankly at her

“Oh yeah, I just spaced out again.”

“Something wrong?” Taehyung asked, who sat across from them

“No, I was just thinking.”

Sujeong and Taehyung looked at each other, they knew what was on her mind.

“Were you thinking about life again?” Sujeong asked

What she really meant by life was Yein’s infinite life. They used it as a basic code when discussing her’s to be specific. They were in the cafeteria so they had to keep it on the down low, especially with so many people around.

“Yeah, I don’t know I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately.”

“You sure everything’s okay?” Taehyung asked

“It’s just that I don’t know how long I can keep this up for. I can’t stay here forever, plus it’s been getting harder to remember stuff from the past. I think that’s proof I’ve been here too long.” Yein confessed

“Have you found any helpful info lately?”

“Nah, even with the internet around it’s still hard. I haven’t added anything new on the bulletin board in ages.”

For years, Yein kept a bulletin board with all the possible information she gathered that could help her in any way, but for a while she hasn’t been able to add anything new. Now, it just sits in the corner of her room behind the door. Everytime she finds herself looking at it, she wonders if she’ll ever be able to live normally like everyone else.

“Maybe I was destined to be stuck here forever.” Yein frowned

“Aye, don’t look at it so negatively. You’ll figure it out one day, and yes I know, it’s been years but some things just need time, like a lot of time.” Taehyung tired to assure her, and it seemed to work because he managed to crack a small smile on her.

“At least I have you guys…” Yein thought to herself

“Like Tae said, you’ll be fine so don’t overthink about anything. Besides, it’s bad for old people.” Sujeong pouted

“Hey, I’m not that old.” She playfully glared at Sujeong although she knew it was kinda true.

The three of them bursted into laughter after, leaving behind the gloomy atmosphere. “What’s so funny?” It was Jungkook who joined them suddenly, he took a seat next to Taehyung.

“Teasing Yein for being old.” Sujeong muttered gaining a look from her and Taehyung. Jungkook just looked at her blankly.

“Nevermind. Oh we have swim meet today right?” Taehyung tried changing the topic.

“Yeah, after school.” Jungkook said while indulging in his rice.

“Oh right, Yein, I signed you up to help out.” Sujeong told her

“What? When did you do that? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Jiyeon bailed on me, she’s always busy with student council these days. Oh come on, it’s just until the end of the season. We’re all gonna be there anyways.” Sujeong was always good at convincing others, it was just the way she talked.

“Alright, fine. Just tell me what time.” Yein gave in because she thought why not, maybe it could be fun. Plus with Taehyung and Jungkook on the team she figured she should go watch them. It’s not like she had anything else to do.

 

 

That night was the night of the swim meet. Although it was a Tuesday night, there was a good number of people that showed up. Yein wondered why they would have one at this time of night but she brushed off the thought. They assigned different jobs to everyone on the committee. Sujeong and Yein got towel duty this time.

“Fun…” she thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter