008

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungkook found Sujeong that morning sitting on a bench near the field playing with her phone. 

“Sujeong ~” He called out to her but she didn’t turn around.

He took a seat next to her and playfully stared at her, “Whatcha doing?”

“Oh you scared me, I didn’t see you there.” She jumped a little since she was too busy daydreaming about something to notice him.

“You’re not going to class?” He found it odd to be finding her here since she usually came to class early.

“I don’t feel like going to class yet.” She said blandly.

Jungkook nodded and stayed silent, thinking she was probably in deep thought about something before he interrupted her. She was usually more cheerful when he came up to her.

Then he noticed Taehyung walking by, with one headphone in and didn’t seem to notice him sitting there so he called out to him, “Yo Tae!”

But Taehyung only nodded in acknowledgement and continued walking. Jungkook also found that weird since he would always wave excitedly, and with Sujeong around he thought he would come over to them.

“What’s up with him?” Jungkook pouted slightly.

“I don’t know.” Sujeong kept her eyes peeled on her phone.

“Did you guys get into a fight or something?”

“No...” Sujeong had a slight idea as to why he was avoiding them.

“Everyone’s been acting so weird lately, is there something going on I’m missing? Jimin being so quiet, Yein telling me she’s cursed, you guys being less energetic...” He whined, he didn’t like this atmosphere and mood coming off from everyone.

Sujeong looked up at him out of surprise, “Yein told you she was cursed?”

“Yeah, something about being immortal and looking the same for decades.”

His confession surprised her, Yein actual tried to tell him about the truth of herself but like she predicted, he didn’t believe her.

“I know this sounds crazy but you should believe her. She’s been keeping this from you but I don’t think she wants to anymore.”

Jungkook just looked at her blankly. There was no way she was being serious.

“Trust me, just go confront her and she’ll tell you everything. She’s not lying about anything.” She noticed her statement wasn’t really helping, he still looked at her like she was crazy.

“Just go talk to her, okay? Everything will make sense.” Sujeong said before grabbing her bag and finally heading to class while Jungkook still sat there processing everything she just said.

 

 

That afternoon Jungkook decided to do what Sujeong told him to, hopefully to let the confusion die down. So he pulled his phone out.

To: Yein

“Sujeong’s telling me everything you said yesterday is ture?”

A few minutes later he gets a reply from her.

From: Yein

“I can explain. Can we meet somewhere?”

From: Yein

“Front gates after school?”

To: Yein

“Alright”

After his final class ended he made his way to the front gates where he saw her talking to someone, but that person soon left as he approached her.

“Hey” He greeted her, sounding a little awkward without realizing it.

“Hey” She smiled.

They awkwardly stood in front of each other for a bit until she gestured him to start walking with her. There was another silence but Yein found the courage to break it.

“I have some explaining to do, don’t I?”

He nodded, they didn’t make eye contact but she took it as her signal to start talking.

“Honestly, there’s something I’ve been wanting to tell you but I had no idea how to break it to you so it just came out suddenly yesterday. Everything I said yesterday is true though, I haven’t aged in decades as ridiculous as it sounds.”

“So you really are immortal?” 

“Of a sort...”

“In that case, how long have you been around?”

“80 years...”

“Ah, I expected like 800.” He tried to lighten the mood, and thankful it worked because his comment made her laugh.

“If you still don’t believe me, there’s this.” She raised her hand up, so that the little 80 at the back of it was visible. “Permanent tattoo that changes as I age and reminds me of it all the time...”

“So that’s what that is, I just thought you really like the number 80.” He laughed as he continued to look at his shoes as they moved while he walked.

Yein noticed he wasn’t making any eye contact with her, “Still don’t believe me?”

“No, it’s just that no one has ever told me stuff like this before.”

Yein all of the sudden had an idea, “You have any plans this afternoon?”

“Nope.”

“I’ll show you a few things then.” She grabbed his wrist and slowly but excitedly dragged him with her. He lazily followed until they reached a familiar complex. Yein’s apartment complex to be exact. She lead him into her house like she did before, no one was there again so she took him to her room.

“If this doesn’t convince you, I don’t know what will.” Yein joked as she pulled open the drawer beneath her desk and began digging through it until she reach the small stack of plastic cards. Jungkook had taken a seat on her bed and she threw the stack on his lap. He picked them up and observed the first one on the top, it was a student ID card from 8 years ago. It had Yein’s picture on it but different name, birthday and school. Next one was a drive’s license with her picture and another name. As he looked through the rest of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter