007

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yein felt extra sleepy since it was Monday morning, she reached the gates of the school and signed. She should have just pretended to be sick and stayed home. All of the sudden, someone nudged her on the shoulder. It almost knocked her off her feet due to the impact and because she didn’t expect it, but at least it woke her up. 

"Jung Yeinnnn~“ It was Sujeong, who had a lot more energy than usual. 

“Someone’s hyper…” Yein laughed.

"I’m just in a good mood" 

"Did something happen to you over the weekend?“ 

"No, I didn’t do anything after we went to the park. What about you? You disappeared when I came back.“ 

"I just went home…invited Jungkook over.” She lowered her tone a little. She was sure Sujeong would be surprised.

“Jungkook came to your house?!” She shouted out of shock, resulting in Yein panicking and having to shush her. They got a few stares from other students but luckily they dismissed them.

“You invited him over?!” Sujeong said a little quieter.

“Yeah…it just happened.”

“By chance, you two didn’t…” She raised her eyebrow and smirked. Yein was baffled and nudged her hardly. “We didn’t do anything! We just talked…”

“But seriously, you two have been getting really close. Don’t you think you should tell him?” She wasn’t wrong. Yein and Jungkook have been spending a lot of time together these past months, to the point where people question if they are just friends.

“Tell him what?”

“You know…about your life.”

“I don’t know.”

“I mean he’s pretty trustworthy, he wouldn’t tell anyone.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about, I don’t think he would believe me.” Yein always had a hard time convincing people about her immortal life, especially when they didn’t believe in supernatural things. She wasn’t sure how Jungkook would react if she told him, she’ll have to see.

 

 

Yein thought about what Sujeong said all day. Jungkook was trustworthy, but she didn’t know if it would be a good idea to tell him. She has dropped a few hints and maybe he noticed the little tattoo at the back of her hand, but she still wasn’t sure. That was until he caught up to her while walking home and she lost her train of thoughts. It happened a lot when he appeared, along with deja vu.

Their conversation started off normally until Yein brought up the topic. “Do you believe in supernatural things?”

He was taken back at the sudden change in topic, “I don’t really think about that stuff so I guess not.”

“So you wouldn’t believe me if I told I’m cursed?”

“What type of curse?”

“I've been aging for decades but I'm stuck looking like this for who knows how long.”

"Decades? So are you like...immortal?" It seemed he was starting to get the memo.

"Kinda..."

"Well in that case, I'm cursed with being able to catch too much attention." He thought she was joking, but she expected him to react like that.

"I wasn't joking, I'm actually really old..." Her tone became more serious, but that wasn't any help.

Jungkook only laughed. “Yein, you’re funny. Anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow.” They had to part ways after, but Yein looked at him from behind and signed.

“I wish I was lying…”

 

 

That evening Yein sat alone on the bench at a park near her house. She watched the sun go down and thought about her conversation with Jungkook. She kinda expected the reaction but why was she so bothered by it? The conversation was short, so it would probably be more odd if he believed her at first. She started to question if it was a good idea to tell him the truth.

“Jung Yein, is that you?” Her thoughts were interrupted once again, by a familiar voice. One she hadn’t heard in a very long time. She turned her head and recognized his face instantly.

“Hoseok sunbae?” Her face lit up a little when she saw him smiling and waving at her. Jung Hoseok, her senior from school before he graduated a few years ago. 

“Sunbae? You’re a senior now, plus I should be the one calling you sunbae.” He took a seat next to her and put his duffle bag down.

“I guess I’m still used to it.” 

“I see you are still around.” He said.

She nodded.

“Anyways, what are you doing here by yourself at this hour?”

“Just thinking. What about you?”

“Going home from practice.” He said as beads of sweat were running down to his jawline.

Yein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter