001

Unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Jung Yein, hurry up! You're going to be late again." Aunt Choi yelled from the kitchen. Yein was still shuffling around her room trying to find her books for school. "I'm coming." she replied while shoving the rest of her things in her black backpack. She quickly ran out her room and was about to put her shoes on to leave before she was stopped. "Aren't you gonna eat breakfast?" asked her guardian. Yein took an apple from the fruit basket, "I'll just eat this on the way there." Her aunt signed, "You know that even though you've lived for so long, you aren't immortal right?" Yein reassured her, "But hey, have you ever seen an 80 year old this healthy? Or one that is this good looking?" She pointed to her own face and Aunt Choi just laughed. Yein looked at the time on her phone and realized she really should go. "I'm going now, see you later Auntie!" she waved her goodbye, tied her shoelaces and finally proceeded towards the front door. "Ayy, what am I going to do with this child?" Aunt Choi laughed to herself.

 

 

The walk to school only took 15 minutes from their apartment complex, maybe only half if Yein ran fast enough but she took her time today. She never found it necessary to rush anyways, considering the fact that she has done this routine for basically her entire life. What's unique about Yein is that she has lived for 80 years so far but hasn't aged one bit. She is just the basic 18 year old you'd see everyday so no one would suspect anything either. Her birth certificate may say year 1998 but the real one is 1936. Her life was completely normal up until she turned 16 back in 1952, her biological mother started using all these spells. One day she used this one that she thought would make her immortal but it turns out it only makes your aging stop, people used to call it the 'forever young' spell. Life was quite hard back then so she thought it would make things easier being immortal but she realized it wasn't what she thought it was. She spent years and years trying to reverse the spell, but the thing was it was one the forbidden spells and those are the hardest to fix. During one of the experiments she tried, things went very wrong and she passed on.

Yein was only 18 at that time, but the curse ended up being passed on to her. She figured all this out with the help of one of her neighbours who her mother always went to for help. They ended up taking Yein (who was known as Song Minyoung at that time) into their care, but as the years passed by, people always wondered why she looked the same for so long, some even accusing her of witchcraft. She eventually left and found another family to live with with the help of her old one. She got a completely new identity and went to school again to blend in.

That continued for the rest of her life, constantly moving around the country, getting a new identity, occasionally faking her death and basically becoming a different person. That was exactly what she was doing now, living as Jung Yein, an 18 year old high schooler, living with her 'aunt'. Aunt Choi took her in in 2013, so she isn't her biological aunt or anything. She is just a librarian that is very knowledgable about black and white magic, but Yein still considers her like her real aunt, even though legally, she was just her guardian. For the past 3 years, it has just been the 2 of them since Aunt Choi is a widower. She used to be an elementary school teacher but eventually quit. She got a job at the library hoping she could help Yein get the resources she needed to figure out a way to break the curse. Yein insisted that she didn't need to do that for her but Aunt Choi made the excuse that teaching was getting tiring and she needed something that was more easy going. Still, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter