Chapter 2

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

 

 

The nicest guy I have just known, DongHae, offered his bedroom for me to sleep. I hesitated. It wasn’t fair for him to sleep on the living room when he’s one of the owners of the apartment while I’m just some nuisance that suddenly came into their lives. But then, he insisted that it’s alright and that I probably need the bed and the room more than him.

 

Not wanting to argue or debate more, I finally agreed. I guess having this jetlag made me so tired to the point that I’ll accept anything just to get some rest.

 

DongHae and the others fixed the room for my liking. Changed the bed sheets and pillow cases, removed some guy stuffs that I can’t see, cleaned the room’s bathroom and trash bin, and lastly adjusted the air-conditioning to my desired temperature.

 

I felt like I’m in a hotel with all these chambermaids doing all the work for me. When they were about to fix my baggage, I finally told them that everything’s set and that I’m really grateful for them to help someone like me.

 

From time to time, Mir and Gikwang would knock on my room with milk and cookies. I chuckled remembering their snickering like they were competing for my attention or something.  They were like the little brothers I wish I had. Too bad I was an only child.

 

 After a minute, Nickhkun came with scented candle which he tells that’s good for someone who wants a relaxing sleep. I thanked him before he went out saying he’ll sleep now. The smell of the scented candle surrounded the room, it sure smells relaxing.

 

I grabbed my toiletries and went to the bathroom, showered a bit and brushed my teeth before going to sleep. I went out of the bathroom fully changed with much more comfortable attire.

 

I lay down my body to the most comfortable bed ever, which I had expected when I saw this queen-sized bed. I was sure as hell that this is an expensive bed. I wonder if they’re someone famous.

 

A couple knocks on the door. “Come in.” I said as I sat up on center of the bed. As I said so, DongHae cocked his head on the door.

 

“I just wanna check if there’s anything more you need?” DongHae asked, a bit shy to enter.

 

I nodded about two times. “I’m all good. Thanks for everything you guys had done for me.” If it really wasn’t for this nice guy, I would’ve been out on the streets sleeping at a bus station or somewhere worse. I shivered a little at the thought.

 

He smiled, his eyes almost disappeared from sight. “It’s nothing, Dara-ssi. If you need anything, I’ll just be outside, at the living room. Okay?”

 

I nodded at once. He slipped his hand inside the room and waved keys bound in a chain. “I’ll leave the room’s keys here and I’ll lock the door so the maknaes won’t bother you.” I smiled as he placed the keys on the table near the door. He then locked the door as he was about to close the door. “Good night, Dara-ssi.”

 

“Thank you. Good night, DongHae-ssi.” And then, click, the door’s secured and locked. I doubted if it was necessary though. They don’t look like or anything from what I had observed with their looks and attitude.

 

I grabbed one pillow as I lay my body again at the soft bed. I guess this day wasn’t all about bad lucks, eh? I guess, someone up there pitied me or maybe it was my guardian angel. I chuckled to whoever’s fault it is that I’m safe, here, in someone’s comfortable bed, I’m really grateful.

 

And you Dong-Wook! You’re gonna be dead when we meet. He freaking forgot to tell me he moved out. I even messaged him that I’ll visit him a week before I flew here and he didn’t told me anything. He just told me, I’ll see you there and be safe. Freaking best friend!

 

If it wasn’t for the scented candle, I would probably be screaming my lungs out and wailing on this bed. I sighed, I need to get my rest or I’ll look like a zombie tomorrow and I won’t be able to find my best friend anymore with that condition so for the mean time I need to forget and just relax.

 

I breathed in and out and closed my eyes. 1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, 4 sheep, 5 sheep…. 50 sheep, 51 sheep…. 84 sheep, 85 sheep… 159 sheep, 160 sheep, 161 sheep…   194 sheep…  248 sheep, 249 sheep…

 

  , can’t sleep!

 

When I wasn’t in bed, my body kept on screaming for sleep. And now that I’m in it, my body laughs and says, ‘kidding’.  Urgh!

 

I guess it’s because of the time difference. My body’s still adjusting. !

 

 



 

 

 

Something bright entered my dark vision that woke me up, I squinted my eyes and saw that it was the sunlight beaming from the curtains of the window. I moaned as I stretched my whole body. Last night, it took me a while before I slept like one and a half hour but right now, it felt like I’ve slept for years that made me feel energetic. Maybe it was all because of the bed.

 

I stood up from the bed, grabbed my toiletries and went inside the bathroom to do some morning rituals.

 

I went out of the bathroom, all fresh and clean, ready for ‘the search’ as I call it. I saw a clock hang on the wall. It was 6:43 AM. In LA, I’ll probably be awake 10AM or onwards. Waking up so early like this can be caused by the time difference or because this place isn’t really mine, I guess there’s plenty of time to pay my stay in this apartment.

 

Park Sandara’s gonna cook breakfast! Jnyom nyom!

 

I grabbed the keys from the table and tried every keys on the door and at the last key, it finally clicked open. I silently went out of the room and observed the whole place, the guys were still asleep. Thank you!

 

I tiptoed my way to the living room and saw DongHae’s sleeping figure on the couch. His blanket lowered down into his knees so I gently held a tiny part of blanket and pulled it to his shoulders. It was cold and it was all because of me why he had to endure the uncomfortable couch so that made me unease.

 

Should I wake him up and tell him that he can use his bed now?

 

I gently shook his shoulder. “DongHae-ssi.” After a few tries of shaking his shoulder and DongHae-ssi/s, I finally woke him up. Well, not really.

 

“Y-yeah?” He asked with  his eyes still closed.

 

“You can go to your bedroom now.” I said quietly.

 

He nodded at once before he stood up, stumbling a bit as he went to his room with his blanket around his frame.

 

I glanced at the couch. He sure didn’t have much sleep in this couch. I’m sorry, DongHae-ssi. I glanced at his bedroom, the door was now closed, hope he could regain some proper sleep by now. I walked to the kitchen and into the fridge.

 

There wasn’t a lot on the fridge but enough to make some healthy and yummy breakfast. I guess, they rarely eat here that’s why there’s not much food in it.  There were French breads, cheese, mayonnaise, cherry tomatoes and lettuce. And in the cabinet there are salt and pepper, olive oil and canned tunas.

 

I grabbed everything mentioned and made my tuna sandwich subway style. After finishing my sandwich, I went to the coffeemaker to make the guys something hot to drink that somehow compliments what I made.

 

I looked at the clock near at the wall; it was already 7:30AM. I glanced at the doors in the apartment. Just on que, one by one they went out of their rooms, smelling what I made for them.

 

Gikwang and Mir was the first two to go to the kitchen, their hands rubbing their tummies.

 

“I made you guys some breakfast. Compensation for letting me stay her for the night.” I told them as I shyly smiled and hoped they would like what I made.

 

“This looks and smells really delicious, Dara-ssi.” Gikwang commented as he sat at the dinning chair. I slightly blushed with the compliment.

 

“For the first time in a millennium, I’ll agree with Gikwang.” Mir added as he his lips and stared at the sandwiches plated for everyone.

 

Khun came in next, sniffing here and there. And then breathing out, “Wow! You made this? It’s been awhile since we tasted home breakfast. Just wow!”

 

I bowed my head as I blushed more. Too much compliment is not good for me.

 

He sat at one of the dining chairs and started eating just like Mir and Gikwang. At exactly, 8AM DongHae and Top, the snob guy, went out of their rooms. DongHae smiled as he greeted me ‘good morning’ and sat at the chair while Top barely glanced at me and sat at his seat. They both ate in silence.

 

“Wow!”

 

“It’s really delicious!”

 

“ Thanks, Dara-ssi, for making this for us!”

 

“You’re a great cook!”

 

“Thanks for the food and coffee.”

 

The last comment was from Top, he slightly glanced at me and then went into his room. After a moment, he was dressed into his outer wear and went out of the apartment. But before he did, he held his hand up as a sign of goodbye for the guys except for me.

 

He really doesn’t like me, as a girl or even human. Urgh! Did I do something wrong? Was it because I stayed at their apartment? Or was it because I smell or look ugly? Or he just hates girls? Omo! Is he gay?

 

“Dara-ssi! What’s with that look? You’re like surprised to know something, what is it?” Mir asked looking interested of what I’m thinking about. I was still staring at the door where Top left to. They all followed my eye’s direction.

 

“I just randomly thought if Top is gay.” I blurted out still spaced out that what if he really is gay and he wants all these guys for himself?

 

“Bwahaha! Top hyung? Gay? Bwahaha! Dara-ssi just thought… that hyung is gay! Bwahaha!” That was Gikwang rolling and kicking on the floor like crazy. Was I wrong or were they just shielding his secret from me.

 

All of the guys laughed so hard that it made me look like some kind of a clown or something. Well, I’m sorry to assume Top-ssi’s gay because he really hates me being here in your apartment.

 

“Why did you… suddenly thought that hyung… was gay?” Gikwang asked still laughing his off with no voice coming out of his laughter.  The only thing left was for him to fart. Seriously. But I guess, I don’t want that. All farts or some farts really smell terrible so I’ll take it back, don’t fart.

 

“Well… I think he hates me being here and getting all the attention from you guys. That’s why… I assumed he’s gay.” I shyly confessed, my head bowed down in embarrassment. This humiliation is too much. Good thing, the guy being talked about isn’t here anymore or else I might just kill myself in the highest level of embarrassment.

 

“Seriously? He’s not mad at you, Dara-ssi, and I can assure you that he’s not gay.” DongHae said with a little laugh.

 

Khun’s laughter, as well as the others, subsided as he suggested, “Maybe you should talk to him if you’re still bothered.”

 

I shook my head violently. “No. No. It’s fine. I think I shouldn’t push myself too much on him. Anyway, about the help I needed to find Dong-Wook…” My voice trailed off as I faced DongHae.

 

His face lightened up. “Oh! Yeah… I almost forgot.” Then he started scratching the back of his neck as he confessed, “I was kinda getting used of you being here so maybe that’s the reason why I forgot.”

 

I smiled, feeling flattered. “Its alright.”

 

“Uhm… Gikwang and Mir have classes today so it would just be me and Khun that will accompany you.” DongHae said looking from Gikwang and Mir to Nichkhun. The two maknaes pouted childishly probably remembering that they have school today. I wonder what school they’re attending to. They don’t look like high schoolers so maybe college.

 

I looked at Nichkhun. “Is it alright with you Khun-ssi?” I don’t really wanna bother anyone so I had to make if it was okay.

 

“It’s fine. Anything for our lovely guest.” Khun sweetly said with a smile.

 

“Can’t we come too?” “We’ll behave, we promise. No running and fooling around. I just really hate my class today.”

 

“No. If you guys really want to be in the music industry someday, you should study and work hard and never slack off. ” Khun lectured like a father to his sons. The maknaes pouted childishly. I almost wanted to pinch their cheeks with their oozing cuteness. It was a good thing, I know self-control.

 

Khun and DongHae gestured the two to get ready for their classes. The maknaes, like robots, followed and went to their rooms.

 

So these guys are music majored?

 

“So all of you guys study music?” I asked, curious to know if my assumption was right.

 

DongHae gently shook his head. “Not all. Top and I are majoring in Theater Arts. We’re dreaming of becoming famous actors. How about you, Dara-ssi, if you’re in college at the moment.”

“Wait, do I look like a high schooler?” I asked them while my hands are on my hips. All of them chuckled and nodded their heads. “I’m in college, okay. It’s a bit the same as yours. School of theater, film, television, and digital media.” I explained to DongHae.

 

DongHae gave me a sweet smile before putting his arm around my shoulder. “That’s long and cool, we could help each other out then.”

 

Khun stepped in and removed DongHae’s arm around me. “Guys. I think we’re forgetting that we should be finding Dong-Wook hyung right now.”

 

“Right.” DongHae sounded not too pleased that Khun interrupted something, something I’m not sure about. He glared at Khun. It was a really cute glare from my vision. His face is just too nice that glaring comes out as a cute expression. The latter just innocently shrugged his shoulder at him and then turned his attention on me and smiled.

 

“So… where do we start?” I asked.

 

“The people that knows hyung.” The boys answered.

 

 


 

 

So we did. We went to all the people that know my best friend but unfortunately, all of them don’t know where he moved out to.

 

Defeated, we went back to the apartment. It was around 6:00.

 

“I think, Dong-Wook hyung’s hiding.” Khun said as we wore our home slippers.

“What, is he a fugitive now? Was he involved in a crime?” I asked my tone higher than usual as I was completely upset. Then, I noticed Top sitting on the couch, watching some action movie.

 

I lowered my head, ashamed that he heard my little outburst.

 

“We’ll just change and at dinner, we’ll talk about hyung again.” DongHae said before him and Khun went to their rooms. I noticed the maknaes haven’t gotten home yet.

 

I silently went to the kitchen to get some water. It suddenly felt awkward with Top-ssi in the living room that is just across from where I am, kitchen.

 

I stood facing the tiled table near the fridge. As I was drinking my water, I felt someone’s presence from my back and then a hand reached out the water pitcher that I placed in front of me a while ago.

 

I gulped the water from my throat as I held my glass of water firmly.

 

“You should believe them, I’m not gay, Dara-ssi.” I heard a really low tone of voice near my ear and then the pitcher was placed again in front of me.

 

The presence from my back was gone and right at that moment, I knew it was Top.

 

Flashbacks of what I admitted of thinking this morning came into my mind. He must’ve been away from the apartment. Sh*t! Was he still at the door back then? Maybe it was because he heard Gikwang’s loud words and laughter. I froze on my spot and mentally cursed myself. Talk about awkwardness! Dammit!

 

 

 



 

 

 

a/n: Not a double update! Sorry.  By the way, scroll down a little bit more and comment! (:

 

EDIT: TABI gif!!!!!!! Kya!!!!!!!! :))