Chapter 15

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

 

“No. I could do this by myself.” I snatched my hands away from Il-Woo.

 

When we arrived at the drugstore, he immediately bought the necessary first aid kit for scratches or scrapes. I didn’t have time to protest since just in a whim he’s there by my side, grabbed my hands and was about to clean it when I snatched it away from him.

 

He had done enough. And it’s prettyawkward having a stranger clean your wounded hands.

 

And mind you, people are starting to look towards us and saying things like, ‘what a nice couple they are.’ and ‘I wish my boyfriend would tend to me like that.’

 

That’s really A-W-K-W-A-R-D knowing we really weren’t in that kind of relationship and we’re just a mere stranger towards each other.

 

Il-Woo chuckles, and held up his hands in surrender. “I was just trying to help…” He looks at the drugstore employees and other customers that are gossiping about us. “…my beautiful girlfriend.”

 

I looked at him, wide-eyed.

 

What the fudge did he just say?!

 

The employees and customers sighed… you know, the dreamy one. Fudge me, they’re buying his lie.

 

I looked at all of them, an awkward smile on my lips. “No no. I’m not her girlfriend. I just met him so how could he be my boyfriend?” I glared at Il-Woo. “Tell them the truth that I’m not your girlfriend.”

 

But it wasn’t Il-Woo who spoke after. Dammit.

 

“Oh sweetheart, you don’t have to be embarrassed. You’ve got a caring boyfriend, you should be proud.” Employee #1 said, smiling widely at me.

 

I scowled at Il-Woo. Tell them the truth.     

 

But he didn’t do it. He just smiled crookedly. ‘Not a chance. This is amusing me.’ I think that's what the b*stard was telling me through that smile.

 

“Or maybe they had a fight. The boyfriend pushed her and she hurts her hand when she fell to the ground. Then he feels guilty and helps her tend it.” Customer #1 concluded. “Obviously, she’s still mad at him.”

 

It was my turn to grin.

 

Acting face on.

 

“Yes, that’s what happened.” I nodded, with a sad expression on my face. “We had this huge row then he pushed me in anger. Now you understand why I’m still mad at him.”

 

“Why the hell would you harm this lovely lady?” Employee #2 asked that was directed to Il-Woo.

 

Il-Woo’s eyes widened. He started shaking his hands to them. “No. I didn’t push her. She got pushed by a crowd, not me.”

 

I got teary-eyed and I sniffed. “Liar,” Oh God, I didn’t know I was such a good actress. Where’s my Oscar award?

 

“Oh poor girl. He’s a bad boyfriend then.” Customer #2 commented, looking at me with pity.

 

I nodded, agreeing with the customer.

 

Il-Woo looked at me in disbelief before he turned his gaze to the people that seemed so fascinated with our situation. “No. I really didn’t harm her, I swear.”

 

Employee #1 glared at him. “Young man, just apologize already then you guys could make up.”

 

Il-Woo looked into my eyes.

 

I sniffed again.

 

Then he looks at the customers and employees.

 

He groans. “Fine, I’m sorry.”  

 

“That wasn’t so hard to say, right? Now, I think they should kiss.” Employee #1 looked at her co-employees and customers. They all nodded before waiting for us to do just that. Kiss, I mean.

 

What the hell? Are we some live TV drama they’re looking at?

 

“No, that’s really not necessary...” I started.

 

But to my surprise, they all started chanting. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

 

Oh my gosh. My drama just bit me on the .

 

Il-Woo shrugged. Like he was telling me, ‘Let’s do this.’

 

And I know my expression answers him with a big NO.

 

He held my shoulder to keep me in place.

 

Damn. There's no escape.

 

Then his face started descending to mine.

 

I closed my eyes shut. Tightly.

 

Maybe I should just turn my face so he would kiss my cheek instead.

 

But then I noticed his hands on my shoulder disappeared. I open my eyes again and see Il-Woo slumped on the floor with five guys towering around him.

 

DongHae walks to my side. “Are you okay, Dara?”

 

I just stared. What just happened?

 

Seunghyun came to my side too, looking at me with worry. “Did he harm you? ‘Coz I swear, I’m going to ruin his face if he did.”

 

 “What? No? He didn’t. He was just helping.” I ran to Il-Woo. I hope they just pushed him away and not punched his face. I was still a bit annoyed about the whole 'boyfriend-girlfriend quarrel lie' situation we had, that he first started, but then I feel like it was time to repay him for helping me back there in the crowd.

 

I helped him stand up. I expected him to be annoyed that he was suddenly pushed away but instead, he looked amused.

 

Seunghyun, DongHae and Nichkhun looked at me in confusion.

 

I rolled my eyes before showing them my scrapes. “He’s helping me with these.”

 

Gikwang and Mir looks at each other before an imaginary light bulb lightens above their head. “Oh, so that’s why you went here.”

 

All the guys suddenly went to my side and started attending on my scrapes before I could protest.

 

“Ok, it’s done. Thank you guys.” I snatched my hands away from them. Seriously, after they treated my hands, they were fondling it like they wish to make it disappear. I sigh. “I guess, we should go now before your fans came rushing towards you and push me away again.”

 

“They pushed you?” Seunghyun asked, looking a bit angry. Protective, even.

 

“Yes and I really don’t want to have another scar on me so l we should go now.” I laughed a little. I was humoring them but the guys didn’t think there was anything funny with how their fans acted.

 

“This could be worse once they found out…” Gikwang started.

 

I noticed what he’s about to say and I immediately covered his mouth with my hand, shutting him up.

 

I forced a chuckle. “We should go.” My eyes shooting eye-daggers at Gikwang’s.

 

Gikwang nodded so I removed my hand from his mouth.

 

Just as we’re close to the door, I hear someone call my attention.

 

Il-Woo.

 

Oopsies! I almost forgot about him.

 

“Yeah?” I look back at him.

 

I noticed, the guys went to my side, protectively.

 

Il-Woo just smiled, still amused. “I think you forgot to tell me something.”

 

“What is it?” I asked.

 

“Your name,” He smiled crookedly.

 

“Oh… Well, since you told me yours I guess it’s just fair to tell mine.” I paused for a moment. I was going to give a complete stranger my name but what the hell, we probably won’t see each other again so I gave him my name.

 

“It’s Sandara or Dara, whatever. Thanks again.”

 

“Dara,” He said my name thoughtfully before his lips breaks out into a huge grin. “I think we’ll see each other again.”

 

That confused me.

 

But before I could speak, he went to stand in front of me.

 

Then, it happened.

 

He kissed my cheek.

 

And I must say that he has soft lips.

 

Like seriously. It's really soft.

 

Then he pulls away, still grinning.

 

I feel the guys were about to pounce on Il-Woo so he raises his arms in surrender before he went out of the drugstore.

 

I placed my hand on my cheek.

 

Damn, I was blushing.

 

“What the hell just happened?” DongHae asked through gritted teeth.

 

I snapped back to my senses at that and announced that we really should go.

 

They were hesitant for a moment, I didn’t know why.

 

But at the end, they still agreed after noticing the attention we’re having.

 

Through the whole ride home, I thought back to how I met Il-Woo until he kissed my cheek.

 

And DongHae’s question a while ago was really appropriate to say right now.

 

What the hell just happened?

 

 


 

 

It was the next day when I finally showed up at the coffee shop, it’s been like a week since I’ve had my leave because of the ‘decorating incident’ and I feel sorry for my co-workers that had covered up for me.

 

“It’s really fine, Dara.” One of my co-worker reassures me. Her name’s Chaerin, by the way. She’s a nice, sweet but fierce girl that I really adored. “We’re glad to have helped.”

 

“Help, you say? I was working my off while you do your aegyo with the customers.” That’s Seungri. It really amazes me to witness their kind of relationship. Like cat and dog or something. It’s funny and cute.

 

“I did not! It was you who was always flirting with every girl that walks up to this coffee shop!” Chaerin fired back. I stifle my laugh. They never really fail to amaze me.

 

“Okay, cat and dog, break it up. We’ve got work to do!” That’s our coffee shop manager, In Na. The pretty, super nice and adorable among all the managers out there. Not that I’ve known a lot of them.

 

Cat and dog finally broke apart and started doing their jobs.

 

“So… I’ve heard the boys are starting to be these famous trainees.” Hyoyeon says, starting a new topic that we could talk about.

 

“Ugh. Don’t remind me. Their fans are scaring the sh*t out of me. And that will be so much worse if they found out I live with them.” Then my face started losing its color as a thought came to me. “Oh god, they’re gonna eat me alive!”

 

Hyoyeon chuckled. “Oh hush! The guys won’t let that happen.”

 

I f**king hope so.

 

 


 

 

It was already around 8PM when my co-workers forced me to leave. I was doing my overtime because I feel like I have to since I’ve left my work for like a week. But then my co-workers told me that a week was nothing to them but I still felt like I should help or do something productive for them.

 

So now, I ended up being pushed out of the coffee shop by Chaerin before she hands me my bag.

 

“Go home or I’ll make sure all the tables tomorrow are messy as hell.” She threatened but I thought of it as my punishment for leaving work all of a sudden.

 

“Well that will be fine. I deserve it.” I shrug.

 

Her nose flares. If it was possible, her nose would blow hot air or something. “Ugh! Dara stop it! Just go home!”

 

I chuckled, while backing away from the lioness. “Fine I’m going home already! Happy?”

 

Her expression finally changed into the usual sweet Chaerin. “Okay! Bye! See you tomorrow!” She gleefully said, waving goodbye.

 

I shake my head in amusement before giving her one wave of my hand. I my heels and greeted the super cold weather outside the coffee shop.

 

It was snowing.

 

I giggled softly as a snowflake drops onto the tip of my nose and as I looked at it my eye gets crossed.

 

I knew I looked funny so I giggled again.

 

Yeah, I know I’m such a weirdo.

 

“It amuses me how you could laugh at yourself.”

 

I gasped and jumped a foot. “God! You can’t just sneak up on people like that! I almost had the heart attack!” I clutched on my jacket, trying to calm my heart.

 

It was Seunghyun.

 

“I’m sorry.” He says but his lips were twitching, trying to hide the laugh I knew was there.

 

I scowl. “No you’re not.”

 

“Okay. Let me make it up to you… Would you like to have dinner with me?”

 

Dinner?“At the house?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing. 

 

He tucked his hands inside his jean pocket. It looked almost like he’s nervous. “No. Somewhere nice and peaceful.”

 

I laughed a little. “Like a date?” After saying that, I immediately wanted to take it back. Oh God, he’d think I’m assuming something.

 

He was silent for a moment before chuckling softly. It sounded forced though. “No. I don’t do dates.”

 

In my head, I already face-palmed myself. I shouldn’t have assumed something like that.

 

I cleared my throat. “Okay… sure. I’ll accept that dinner.”

 

Twenty minutes later, I was a bit disappointed. Just a bit. ‘Coz I expected fancy restaurant with foods that make you drool but where I am is kind of the opposite.

 

We’re not a few meters away from a fancy restaurant but instead a river-view restaurant.

 

“To tell you the truth, this isn’t the place I expected we’d be going to.” I admitted while looking around.

 

“What kind of place did you expect?” He asked, sounding curious or just teasing. But of course I wasn’t going to answer since he’d be too cocky when he realizes that I was assuming that he’d take me into a fancy restaurant.

 

“I didn’t know this place exists. Simple but beautiful.” Yep, I was using the ‘changing the topic’ way to get out of the ‘awkward assuming’ situation.  

 

But it truly was beautiful with its simplicity. It was peaceful and the lights and waters shooting out at the side of this famous bridge were really breathtaking. It was clearly a nice view from where we stand.

 

“I’ve never eaten in this restaurant before but I heard it’s pretty famous.” Seunghyun said, looking at the bridge and the neon-colored waters on the side of it.

 

“Well then let’s try it already to find out for ourselves.” I smile because I really need food for my tummy.  “God, I’m starving.”

 

I was walking towards the restaurant when I feel like someone’s staring at my back so I turned and see Seunghyun looking at me with this odd expression on his face.

 

“What?” I asked. Maybe I have something on my face so I had to know. I don’t want people looking at me like I’m a slob or just too dumb to notice that I have a dirt or whatever on my face.

 

“Nothing,” He says, shaking his head.

 

I looked suspiciously at him. “Aren’t you coming? You’re going to pay for my dinner right?”

 

I hope he’s not making fun of me that after I get inside that makeshift restaurant, he'd ran away and leave me. I have money but I wanted to save it so I could buy the guys Christmas gifts.

 

I would really kick his lovely if he does that to me.

 

He faked a shock expression. I knew it was fake because he exaggerated a bit. “Oh, I almost forgot about that!”

 

I roll my eyes at him then I start walking to where he stands. “Do you have your wallet with you?”

 

He pats his hand on his back pocket. “It’s here. Why?”

 

“Can you show it to me?”

 

And when he did show me his wallet, I snatched it away from his hand.

 

“Hey!” Seunghyun protests, trying to get his wallet back but I was quick to dodge his attacks.

 

I took a step back away from him. “I’m just making sure that you would really pay for my dinner. Now come on, I’m really starving.”

 

I started walking to the restaurant, his wallet on my hand, and I could still feel that intense stare on my back but I ignored it this time. Stare all he wants, I couldn’t care less. Because right now I would only pay attention to my noisy and empty belly.

 

Shh, baby. Food will be served for a few more minutes.

 

Yeah, I talk to my belly when I’m f**king hungry. Got a problem with that? No? Good.

 

 


 

 

AN: No more excuses for my late update… Just click the next button if you want to read Chapter 16 :D And if it's still not posted yet, wait for a few seconds or a minute.