Chapter 3

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

 

It was dinner time when Gikwang and Mir finally went home. They’re excuses was they went out with friends and bought us dinner. You really can’t call it dinner since it was all instant ramen. But anyway, we’re now at the dining table, eating our dinner.

 

“So, Dara-ssi, what if we can’t find hyung anywhere?” Khun asked as he was trying to break the sudden silence as we eat.

 

“I… I really don’t know.” I admitted. First, I can’t stay here in their apartment for three months. Three months. That’s like my limit date before my parents come to where I am and bring me back to LA. That was what we had planned before I flew to Korea.  Second, I don’t know what I’ll do in three months without money, phone, friends and family. Third, what will people say to me if I stay with 5 guys in an apartment?

 

“You can just stay here, you know. If you’re worried that you’ll be bored or anything when we’re gone, we know someone, she’s just at room 907. She’s a friend of ours. Definitely nice and entertaining.” DongHae said, giving me an assuring look.

 

“Yeah. Her name’s Kim Hyoyeon. She also works at a coffee shop just near here.” Khun added with an angelic smile that could make you agree to anything he says. 

 

“She’s from Incheon. Quite close in Seoul but she wanted to experience living here so here she is.” Mir added next so I would have more information about this friend of theirs. 

 

“Funny too.” Gikwang wiggled his eyebrows on me. “I bet you guys would really get along.”

 

I can’t rush things and agree to them so I started saying, “I have to think about it, guys. It just…” but then I was cut off by the least person I thought would speak.

 

“Not right for a girl to stay in an apartment with 5 guys.” Top continued my sentence, not looking interested as he ate his ramen. I looked at him for a brief second thinking if he really did speak.

 

Then I glanced away and bowed my head. “Sort of like that.” Well, he was right at what he said. It’s so improper for a girl to stay with five guys. What would people think about me, in case? It’s not like I don’t wanna be with these friendly guys, it’s just not what I was taught to.

 

“But we’re safe, Dara. We won’t harm you. We’re too busy building our future careers to do something stupid and jeopardize everything we’d worked for.” Top said once again while I snapped my head at him. Was I dreaming? The snob / cold guy was really talking and saying things to make me stay?

 

I thought for a while. Would I rather sleep on the streets? No phone, no money, no friends and relatives? Or should I take their offer, live with for a few months until my parents fetch me? With home, food, friends, and everything I need with me?

 

 I guess, choice #2 looks really convincing and reasonable. I sighed before telling them what I had decided, “Okay. I really don’t have much money since I’ve wasted it in eating and buying stuffs at the airport. I’ll try to stay here for a month and if things go well, it might extend to two more. I’ll also work so I could share the payment for electricity and stuffs. I don’t really wanna feel indebted to you guys.”

 

DongHae smiled happily like he was given a really nice gift on Christmas day. “Sure, if that would make you feel comfortable living here.”

 

“Let’s shake hands so this would be official.” Khun said offering his hand at me. DongHae slapped his hand away and snickered at him.

 

Mir pushed his cup of ramen at me and said with a silly smile, “Here. We don’t want people say that we’re making you lose weight.”

 

Gikwang pulled the cup of ramen back to Mir and scolded him, “You can’t give her left-overs. She deserves new ones.”  He looked at me after. “I’ll buy you lots of food tomorrow. I’m not like some other guy who’ll give you left-over foods.” He glared at Mir before he changed his expression and looked at me with his smile that reached his eyes.

 

 

I just hope this is a good decision.

 

 

 



 

 

 

The next day, Mir and Gikwang were the guys that have their day off from school so both suggested helping me meet their neighbor.

 

Gikwang said that Hyoyeon, she works 7AM to 6PM a day. So we went to her apartment 30 minutes before 7AM.

 

Mir rang the doorbell while Gikwang and I waited. It didn’t take long until someone opened the door for us, a pretty girl with nice blond-brown-ish hair. I’m really not sure of the color. She’s wearing gray hoodie jacket, black pants and black boots.

 

“Oh good morning! Mir, Gikwang!” She greeted the boys and then her gaze stopped at me. She looked excited as she held both of my hands. “Omo! You’ve brought a gorgeous teenager!”

 

The boys chuckled in unison. “She’s Park Sandara and she’s not a teenager.”

 

Hyoyeon frowned, let go of my hands and examined me. “Really?” Her eyes met mine after and asked for answers.

 

“Yeah, I’m not. And call me Dara instead.” I told her. She still had her frown when she introduced herself.  It really made me giggle how disappointed she knew I wasn’t a teenager. I guess, she had a fandom for them or something.

 

“How old are you then?” She asked after introducing herself.  

 

“Just turned 20.” I said with a smile.

 

She gasped and then grinned madly at me as she took my hands on hers again. “We’re the same age. Wow! You looked so much younger than your actual age. I feel like an oldie.”

 

“You looked young too. You shouldn’t doubt yourself.” I said to her with my most sincere smile. She smiled toothily.

 

“So both Gikwang and I should call you ‘noona’ then?” Mir asked after knowing my age. I nodded at them and both started calling me ‘noona~ noona!’, playing with tones to say the word.

 

“What brought you guys here?” She asked after some time.

 

“Well, she’ll be our new board mate for a month or so. She’s from LA and flew here to find her best friend, Dong-Wook hyung.  We helped her find him but we failed like horribly. She’s got now place to go so we offered her to stay with us. She agreed but she doesn’t want it for free…” Mir explained and then turned to Gikwang for him to continue.  

 

“It would be really nice of you, noona, if you could help her find a job and keep her company for us.” Gikwang continued, doing his really cute aegyo.

 

“Omo! Sure! I’ve got myself a new friend! Don’t’worry guys, she’s in good hands.” Hyoyeon told the maknaes, the latter just nodded happily and then she looked at me. “There’s a vacant job offering on where I work. Would you consider it?” She asked.

 

“Sure, anything will do, I just needed to pay for my stay.” I told her with a smile.

 

“So I guess, it’s settled then!” Hyoyeon said with enthusiasm. She has a really nice personality. 8D I could say.

 

 It surprised me though, that she didn’t even question my right of mind in staying with five guys for a month. 

 

 

 


 

 

 

The job offering that Hyoyeon told me was being a barista. I wasn’t still accepted though since I had to pass the training process.

 

The training would start after two from applying. I had to pass resume and stuffs. But as for now, Hyoyeon treated me with a cup of coffee as a welcoming gift. She made it herself, by the way, and it tastes like the best coffee I had ever tasted. She’s that good of a barista.

 

“So living with five guys, huh? Do you find anyone attractive?” Hyoyeon suddenly asked with a playful grin, as we were seated at one of the chairs of the café for customers. It was her breaktime so she’s allowed to chat and drink for a while.

 

“They all are.” I simply told her.

 

“Seriously, Dara.”

 

I wrapped both of my hands on the cup of coffee I’m holding to feel its warmth. “Not in a special way.” I told her. I see them as really nice friends or even family and nothing more.

 

 Her lips curved downwards as she looked so disappointed with my answer then she gasped and looked at me with disbelief. “You’re not gay, aren’t you?”

 

I laughed hysterically at that. 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

a/n: Short update, I know. My head's still at the Christmas atmosphere so this is all I came up with. Sorry!

Anyway, Let's all welcome an addition to the characters, the pretty dancing queen, Kim Hyoyeon!

*throws confetti*

She'll be like Dara's bff here. (:

Show me some support through your comments! (: