Chapter 10

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

Previously on SW5F3M…

 

I wrapped my arms around him, one hand stoking his hair and the other his back, hoping somehow it’ll help him with how horrible he is feeling right now.

 

Hearing, seeing and feeling him like this felt like I was carrying the whole world by myself. I just felt all his burden passing through me with his cries and I wasn’t used to it, him being like this.

 

And just as I was about to rest my chin on his shoulder, I saw Seunghyun’s retreating back.

 

 


 

 

“Sorry,” DongHae pulls away from me, sheepishly smiling. I think he was sorry for crying on me or that I saw him like this, which was all unnecessary. I’m pretty glad that I helped him, in some way.  

 

I stand up, smiling. “It’s alright. You’re still the handsome and nice guy that I know.”

 

What happened today never really changed my mind about this guy, well, not badly anyway.

 

He wiped away his tears using arm and stand up too. “Pfft! Really?”

 

“Yeah,” I say, chuckling. He shyly bows his head, his right hand rubbing the back of his neck. I straightened my clothes. “Ready to go?”

 

He briefly looks at me before nodding at me.

 

We went back to the car, walking side by side in silence. Through the walk, I bit my lower lip, trying not to laugh or giggle.

 

He’s really cute when shy or embarrassed.

 

Then, I remember seeing Seunghyun walking away from the scene he saw. It made me wonder why he came back after he said to leave DongHae alone. Maybe he was a bit worried for his friend or something.

 

DongHae decided to sit at the backseat where I sat before.  I had no choice but to sit at the front passenger seat, next to the driver which was Seunghyun.

 

Why do I feel so uneasy sitting beside him?

 

The sun started to set when we drove away. DongHae and the other guys were joking around just like before but now was kind of different, which I really don’t know why.

 

We ate the things Seunghyun and DongHae bought along the way. I’ve got myself chips and soda. Just then, I realize that Seunghyun haven’t eaten yet so I gathered all my confidence and offered him my chips.

 

He grabbed like four chips and casually says, “Thanks” before he ate the chips.

 

I should’ve gotten used with always receiving his cold shoulder since I always got that before the drunk and hangover moments we had but right now it made me feel so unwanted.

 

I shifted to my right, pouting, I munched on my chips.

 

What the hell is wrong with me being affected with his usual coldness? I should just think that the drunk and hangover day we had were dreams and today was reality.

 

It was around 9PM when we reached the apartment. I was fully awake through the whole ride which was a good thing because I can’t let the cold guy beside me see me sleeping in his car, head bobbing, banging on the window and all that.

 

On the way to the apartment, I told the guys that I’ll be staying at Hyoyeon’s and lied that I have plans of a movie night with her. I just really don’t want to be at the guy’s apartment tonight.

 

They seemed to take it and bid me goodnight when we reached the apartments’ doors.

 

 I rang Hyo’s doorbell two times before she opened the door for me. “Oh, hello.” She looked amused to see me.

 

“Can I come in?”  Please?

 

“Of course.” She opens the door wide for me to come in. “So… why the sudden visit?” She closes the door after.

 

I looked around. It was my first time seeing her apartment which was a not-so-girly type, smaller than the boys’ apartment but still pretty nice in my opinion.

 

“Nice apartment,” I say and looked around more. The living room has flat screen TV, dark brown wood cabinets on the sides, coffee table with a few magazines on top, a lovely black couch, two reclining chairs, and pretty lamps in the side tables.

 

“Thank you,” She was pleased, her smile was wide and her eyes twinkle. She really looked pleased then her smile fell and she scowled at me. “Hey! You’re avoiding the real subject here!”

 

I smirked deviously at her. “After I have something to eat and a place to rest, I’ll tell you everything.” I cocked an eyebrow at her; mentally asking her ‘Is it a deal?’

 

And because she’s the type of girl that wants all the details, she did what I said. I’ve got myself seated on the black couch, bowl of popcorn on my lap, some movie playing on the TV while I tell her the details she wanted.

 

 


 

 

The next morning, I woke up pretty early again. 5:10AM. Since there aren’t anything I could do at Hyoyeon’s apartment, I decided to just go back to the guys’ apartment. But before I did, I left a note at Hyoyeon’s fridge telling her I’m going back to the apartment and that I’ll see her at seven.

 

Back at the apartment, I first wore the house slip-ons and opened the lights. The guys were still probably sleeping since the lights were off when I entered.

 

But as I opened the lights so I won’t be hitting my toe nail or knee on a table or something…

 

“Oh God!” I clutched my chest. My heartbeat’s thudding wildly on my chest.

 

I almost got a heart-attack, seeing Seunghyun at the living room, drinking what-I-think -was-coffee on his mug, which told me I was wrong that all guys were asleep.

 

Just then, he turned his head to look at me. “You alright?”

 

“Yeah,” I breathed out. “You just scared the hell out of me, that’s all.”

 

I breathe in and out, trying to normalize the fast beating of my heart. Why the hell was he at the living room without lights on? Who does that?

 

“Sorry about that,” He looks away.

 

I stepped a little closer and saw that there were pillows and blankets on the couch he’s sitting on.

 

“Did you sleep on the couch?” I can’t help asking.

 

He runs a hand through his, I noticed, unruly ashy blonde hair. “Yeah, I did.” Then his mesmerizing eyes look directly at me. “I was wa… watching a late night show and decided to just get comfortable on the couch and then, I fell asleep.”

 

Was he… babbling?

 

“Oh,” That was the only sound that came out of my mouth. I was a bit stunned seeing Seunghyun babble. It was adorable.

 

“You want to drink some coffee?” He asks; probably to break the forming awkward silence. “I’ve made quite a lot on the coffee maker, you can have the rest.”

 

“Yeah, sure,” I smile awkwardly, walking to the kitchen. “Thanks.”

 

He gathered his blanket and pillows before looking at me. “I’ll be heading back to my room now... I probably won’t see you ‘till tonight so have a nice day, Dara.” He turned around and walked to his room.

 

I exhaled loudly. I didn’t even know I was holding my breath in until he disappeared to his room.

 

I can’t believe he has this kind of effect on me. I can’t believe I was letting it happen.

 

And he’s such a confusing person. First, he’ll be cold and uncaring and then next, he’ll be the opposite. Does he have a multiple personality disorder or something?

 

I got myself a mug of hot coffee before I went to my room and got ready for one whole day of working at the coffee shop.

 

Hours later, I wore a white knitted sweater, dark blue jeans, pair of black leather boots, and, to fight the coldness, knitted red scarf.

 

I met Hyoyeon after and we both went to work.

 

 


 

 

At the coffee shop, it was already time to go home for Hyoyeon and me.

 

“Oh, Park.” Hyoyeon said in a sing-song voice. “Looks like I won’t come back to the apartment with you.” She bumped her shoulder with mine.

 

I shoot her a look and I notice she was now smirking at me. I scowled at her. “Why? You on a date again? I’m really starting to hate your boyfriend that is still face-less to me.” I finished with my arms crossing in front of my chest.

 

“Nope, but since you’ve mentioned it, I’ll call and ask him for an impromptu date.” She taps a finger on her chin while thinking deeply. Then, she smiles as she looks back at me, she turns me and pushes me lightly. “While you, on the other hand, go out there and meet the dark knight.”

 

What? “Dark knight, what?”

 

She suggestively wiggles her eyebrows, her lips forming a mischievous smile. “Someone’s waiting for you outside and it’s cold out there so better hurry up before he gets sick.”

 

Is it DongHae? Well, there’s one solution to find out.

 

“Fine, I’ll go now.” She smiles widely. Ugh, the cupid Kim is happy. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I gave her a hug.

 

She squeezed me in return. “Alright. And I’ll get my details tomorrow.”

 

I roll my eyes as I pulled away from her. “Okay, I’m heading out now.” She walked me out the coffee shop, grinning like a mad man.

 

Then I notice this awfully familiar ashy blonde hair.

 

Seunghyun.  

 

What’s he doing here?

 

He has his back on us but I could still make-out what he was wearing; a not-so-red V-neck sweater above a plaid buttoned-down shirt, black jeans, and a gray leather shoes.

 

He looked like a rich family’s son.

 

I felt Hyoyeon nudge me by her shoulder. I gave her the what-the-hell-is-going-on, why-is-he-here look. She shrugged then mouthed “Team Seunghyun” before she lightly pushed me towards him and went back inside the cafe.

 

I stumbled forward and slightly collided with Seunghyun’s back, my head in particular. 

 

Seunghyun turned around and looked down at me. Ugh, why is he so tall? “Are you alright?” This is the second time he asked that question today.

 

My lips twitched in annoyance as I glared at the coffee shop.

 

“Yeah,” I took a reasonably distance, two steps backwards, and looked back at him. “Just stumbled on a rock or something.” Yeah, right.

 

“Why are you here?” I finally asked the million dollar question. 

 

“Oh...” He shoves his hands inside his jean pockets, his eyes not directly looking at me. “DongHae asked me to take you home since he can’t do it.” I don’t know why but I stared at him. I guess, he felt it ‘causing him to look back at me. “He’ll come home at a late hour… because of some project he has to do.”  

 

I didn’t even intend to ask him about why DongHae can’t take me home because I really don’t expect Mr. Nice Guy to do it in a daily basis.

 

“Since I would pass by here anyway, I decided to agree in taking you back to the apartment.”

 

How cute… He’s babbling again.

 

Just then, it started snowing. I’ve always liked to see the first snows that fall from up above. It’s so fascinating, beautiful.

 

“We better get in the car.” Seunghyun gestures to his car.

 

We went to the car. I slid in the front passenger seat while he sat on the driver seat. I was a little disappointed that he didn’t open my door for me. But oh well, this is the cold and moody guy we’re talking about and he’s not the type of guy that opens a door for you.

 

He starts the car and pulls away from the parking lot.

 

“This is a really cool car, by the way.” I said, trying to break the ice that we have right now.

 

“Thanks,” I notice his grip on the steering wheel tightens, his knuckles turning white. “It’s a gift from my mother.”

 

I could tell talking about his mother is a sensitive topic for him so I didn’t ask the questions clouding my mind.

 

Silence accompanied after that. He doesn’t talk and was still gripping on the steering wheel while I was just looking out the window.  

 

It didn’t take a while before we reached the apartment building. He drove to the parking lot and parked the car.

 

We both got out and headed to the elevators. We stood side by side on the lift as we wait ‘till we reach our floor.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry.” I hear Seunghyun say quietly.

 

Now, he talks. “Sorry about what?”

 

“I really don’t know why I’m sorry but I just feel like I needed to say it.”

 

Well, that’s weird.

 

He exhaled loudly. “My mom died two years ago.”

 

Or not.

 

Now, I don’t know what to say but, “I’m sorry to hear that.”

 

“It’s alright.” He said, but with his tone it was totally the opposite. “The guys don’t know about that so keep it a secret for me.”

 

Now, I’m curious. “Why?”

 

“I don’t want them to feel sorry for me, nor do you.” He sighs. “Look... I know we started in a wrong foot and I’m really sorry for that but can we start over?”

 

I felt him shift. I risk a glance and saw that he was facing me now.

 

He raised his hand to me, gesturing me for a handshake. There was a shy smile playing on his lips. It was the first time I saw that expression and if I just have a camera right now to capture it, I’ll be so happy. “Hi, I’m Choi Seunghyun. 21 years old. Majoring in Theater Arts and could be very moody at times, so please bear with me. And you are?”

 

I looked at him in disbelief before I explode into laughter.  “I didn’t know… you could be so funny.”

 

I exhaled loudly, trying to relax myself from laughing too much.

 

He his eyebrow at me before gesturing to his hand.

 

“Oh!” I reached out for his hand and gave it a handshake. I smiled warmly. “I’m Park Sandara but I prefer you to call me Dara. 20 years old. Majoring in… it’s too long so nevermind. I could be lazy and energetic at times, so please bear with me. It’s nice to meet you, Seunghyun.”

 

Wow, I realize something. I never really knew until now that his hands are soft and warm.

 

Realizing, I was marveling his hand, I gently pulled my hand away from his.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, Dara.” He smiles at me, his cheek bones getting more defined. And then there was the ‘ping’ of the elevator. “Now, ladies first.”

 

Now, I really like this new side of Choi Seunghyun. I bit my lower lip to suppress my giddiness and got out of the elevator.

 

 And his gentlemen side made a show again when he opened the apartment door for me when we reached it.

 

I shook my head at him. I’m really not used to this Choi Seunghyun.

 

“We’re home!” I announced, not so loudly when we both get inside the apartment. I removed my boots and replaced it with the home slip-ons.

 

Nichkhun came into view, smiling smugly at me. “Oh, is this a miracle? Seunghyun and Sandara, together?” 

 

Seunghyun shrugged. “I dropped by at the coffee shop along the way.”

 

“Whatever you say, dude.” The Thai shrugs his shoulder. “So, what do you guys want for dinner?”

 

“Well, I’m going to bed.” I faked a yawn. “I’m really tired.” I patted Nichkhun’s shoulder as I pass by him. “Goodnight, buddy.”

 

I really don’t feel like eating with him since I know he’ll be asking questions about Seunghyun and I so it’s better to just stay in my room and sleep.

 

“I’m going to bed too. I’ve had a rough day at the university.” I heard Seunghyun say so I stopped and looked at him. “Goodnight, Nichkhun… Dara.” He walked pass me and went inside his room.

 

“Now, you two are acting really weird. He never say goodnight to me and he never speak of your name before.” Nichkhun looked at me dubiously. “What happened?”

 

I shrug my shoulders. “Nothing happened. Maybe he thinks it’s time to change.” His expression still didn’t change. “Goodnight again.” I went inside my room.

 

Another reason why I don’t want to eat and talk to Nichkhun right now is that I want to keep nice Seunghyun to myself.

 

Call me selfish or whatever, I don’t care.

 

I lay down the bed and pulled a pillow on my face before I squeaked like a crazy teenage girl.

 

  


 

 

AN: Well well well. Is Choi Seunghyun stepping up his game or what?  ;)