Chapter 13

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

 

Previously on SW5GF3M…

 

 

Seunghyun groans and started pacing. “And why’s the doctor taking so long? He’s just living around here!”

 

I held the sides of my head. 

 

Well, I didn’t expect this day to be in this situation. And damn it, my head hurts like a b*tch. I guess I really should have let the boys handle the big, bad, tall tree.

 

Note to self: Don’t decorate a tree that’s three to four feet taller than you.

 

The doctor came after a couple of minutes. He’s quite old. Almost all his hair is white-ish grey. He looks really nice, not like some doctor I’ve encountered.

 

 I feel light-headed as he approached my side, Seunghyun and DongHae were just observing. The doctor, who I call Dr. Old-and-Nice, checked my bleeding forehead and my knees. “She needs to be sent to the hospital. And will need a few stitches on her forehead and run a few tests to know if she had a concussion. Her knees will bruise badly but don’t worry it’ll be gone after a few days.”

 

Just the word ‘hospital’ made me want to bail and run away with my bleeding forehead. I’ve always hated hospitals. Well I hate them because they use needles. And I hate needles. So bad.

 

“Will you need my blood for those tests?” I ask because I need to know.

 

“No,” He smiles; all wrinkles near his eyes showing up. “Don’t worry. All those tests won’t hurt.”

 

“Okay, bring her to my hospital and we’ll run the tests. I’ll meet you guys there.” He stood up, gathering his medical tools. “And always press that cloth to her forehead to stop the bleeding.”

 

And after half an hour, I found myself on the hospital, running tests here and there.

 

The result: I had a slight concussion and I needed to rest it up for a few days. The stitches were placed just near my hairline where I was bleeding half an hour ago. Dr. Old-and-Nice says the stitches will vanish eventually.

 

And another half an hour later, I found myself on my bed, which was now decorated a bit to be girly like. The boys and Hyoyeon were hanging out around the apartment while Dong-Wook’s keeping me company on my room. Well, he’s kind of lecturing me now so that’s not really what keeping company truly is.

 

Dong-Wook’s sitting by the side of my bed, looking so tired and worried. “I almost forgot how a klutz you are.” He brushes his knuckles on my cheek. “I died a little hearing your head’s bleeding and you’ve been sent to the hospital. Can’t you be more careful next time?”

 

I grin. “Well, all will be better after a few days. I know the guys and Hyoyeon will be here for me if I need them so don’t you worry.” He sighs, still not convinced. “I’ll be okay. I didn’t die, did I?” He glares at me this time. “Okay, I’m sorry. I was kidding. You really shouldn’t put your attention to me. Your girlfriend needs it more than I do.” I looked at him, re-assuring.

 

He stared at me for a moment before making a face. “Nah,” He joked. I snicker and pinched his side. “Okay, I’ll try hard not to worry about you every minute.” His lopsided smile making an appearance. “But use the phone I gave you and give me a call if you needed anything, okay?”

 

Aww… What did I do to deserve him?

 

“Yep,” I say, popping the ‘p’. “And I also promise to take care of myself more if that will make you happy.”

 

He gently patted my head, smiling. “Okay then, I’ve got to go. Girlfriend’s probably whining about what food she wants.”

 

I watched him as he leaves the room. All the other guys came in, after, tagging along Hyoyeon.

 

“Feeling better?” Hyoyeon asked, staring at my head.

 

“I’m great.  I had worst, believe me, and I still survived it.” I winked while grinning.

 

She pinched my side, hard. I yelped in pain. “You really should take good care of yourself, Dara. These guys were f**king worried about you, including me.”

 

I looked at the guys. Seunghyun’s not looking directly at me. DongHae had a small smile or grimace or whatever. Nichkhun’s scowling. The two maknaes looked like they’ve been thinking so deep.

 

“I know, I’m sorry guys.” I sincerely said to all of them. “I promise to be careful and not injure myself in any kind of way.” I raised my two fingers like a boy-scout salute or whatever that is. I flutter my eyes for effect. “Now, will anyone please give me some water?”

 


 

 

That night, I had a hard time sleeping. Who could when someone handsome-hot-guy’s in your room watching you? I mean, look at how Seunghyun looks at me. He’s so serious watching my every move.

 

God, I’m starting to hate the other guys who set this ‘on-patrol-watch every night ‘till I’m perfectly okay’ plan. It’s so uncalled for. I’m perfectly fine sleeping on my own.

 

Tonight, Seunghyun’s in charge to watch me. And hell I don’t want it to be him. Not now, perhaps. He looked really disappointed in me and I hate seeing those kinds of expressions on people around me. And he also looked like he wanted to shout at me.

 

 I tried sleeping but feeling his hard gaze on me kept on distracting me.

 

Dammit Seunghyun, stop staring at me! I could melt with your gaze for all you know!

 

I groan in frustration. Just like that, Seunghyun sits beside me on the bed. “Are you all right? Does your head hurt?”

 

He looked worried which made my stomach feel like there’s butterflies flying around it.

 

“I’m fine. I just can’t sleep.” I covered my eyes with my arm, hoping that would work for me not to feel Seunghyun’s eyes on me.

 

“Do you want milk or something to make you sleep?” He slightly moves my arm away from my eyes, I peeked at him and saw him peeking back at me.

 

Aren’t we cute?

 

I grinned. “Thanks but I’m good. I think it’s just my head keeping me up.”

 

His lips tug into a lopsided smile. “How about I tell you a bed-night-story?”

 

I chuckled. “What am I, 8?”

 

He dramatically gasps; his face a mask of mock hurt. “Hey, my stories are great!”

 

“Fine, fine, go ahead and tell me your great story.” I can’t help the large grin on my face.

 

He clears his throat. Drama King. “Once upon a time…” I chuckled, he shushed me. “It starts that way so shhh… Once upon a time, in a castle far far away…”

 

Shrek movie?

 

“It’s not Shrek.”

 

Did I say that out loud?

 

“Yes. Now please, let me continue.”

 

Fine.

 

“In a castle far far away, live a princess. A beautiful princess with a long chestnut hair, big brown eyes, thin lips, and a pointy nose. She’s a great cook, cares for the people around her, tortures food when annoyed – “

 

“Hey, that’s me!”

 

“Why did you think that’s you? That princess could be anyone.” He argued.

 

“Ugh, you’re making up this bed night story.”

 

“Well, do you want me to sing instead?” He wiggles his thick eyebrows at me.

 

I shrug. “Amuse me.”

 

He clears his throat.

 

Twinkle twinkle little start

How I wonder what you -

 

He hadn’t finished when I started giggling. Can you just imagine such a deep voice singing that?

 

“Now you’re amused.” His lips tug into a smirk. “You don’t have to compliment me. I know I’m the best singer you had ever encountered.”

 

“Oh gosh, you’re so cute!” I exclaimed. He is. Didn’t know he had this great sense of humor. I’ve always thought he’s some stuck up rich kid that doesn’t talk much and feel high of his self.

 

“Only cute? I’ve heard a lot of compliments like handsome, hot, but never cute.” He said, acting a little hurt.

 

I shake my head in amusent. Then I stifled a yawn.

 

“Go sleep, Dara. You need it.” His expression turned serious. Well that’s fast.

 

“Yes, Mr. Best-Singer-I-Ever-Encountered.” I teased, before clutching the comforter to me.

 

The last thing I heard was his soft laughter before sleep summoned me to dreamland.

 



 

 

The next night, DongHae was on patrol.

 

It’s getting really ridiculous how these guys still want to stay with me through the night just to be sure I’ll be okay.

 

I already told them that I’m feeling much better than last night but still persuaded to continue their on-patrol-task.

 

“You don’t have to stay with me. I’m feeling much better.” I tried convincing Mr. Nice Guy.

 

He shakes his head. “The doctor told us otherwise. He said you need a close-watch for a week.”

 

I grumble and started mumbling. “Damn doctor.”

 

“So… do you want anything? Milk? Tea? Late night snack? A book?” His questions reminded me of my first night in this house. How courteous those four guys were.

 

“I’m good. But a book will be great.”

 

That night, he read a book to me. It’s a Twilight book, the first one. I never really thought that someone like him will be interested in reading vampires so I asked. He told me it’s not his. His mother likes it so he bought it for her.

 

Right then, I regretted asking about the book. I know everything someone mentions his mother he became that college boy in the cemetery kneeling and crying on the tomb of his mother.

 

About the book, I’ve read it a lot of times but I didn’t say anything and just listen to DongHae’s soft voice as he reads the book for me.

 

It’s not the ‘vampire concept’ I liked from the book but the attraction the male lead and the female lead have and how they value their relationship so much.

 

At some point, I wanted to be the female lead. Experience that kind of unconditional love for that special man. And that man, reciprocating it.

 

“My mother has a thing for vampires that I clearly am confused about. What’s with vampires that she liked so much?” He scrunched his nose while frowning.

 

“Maybe they’re hot and y.” I shrug.

 

“Oh… So my mother’s fantasizing about some vampire that’s hot and y. That’s a great vision that will be stuck in my head for a while.” He shuddered slightly.

 

I chuckle softly, amused. “Yes, it is. But there’s a greater picture I have to tell. My mom hitting on a cute young boy. I mean real young, like 10. She was like, ‘How handsome. If I was your age, I’ll probably pursue you.’” I shuddered at the memory. The look of the 10-year-old was priceless. He didn’t know if he should insult my mom for being too old for him or be amused that someone thinks he’s handsome.

 

He laughed softly, not too loud so he wouldn’t wake the other guys up. “Well you topped mine.”

 

“I sure did.” I grinned, wider.

 

I stifled a yawn. And that’s the cue.

 

“Time to sleep.”

 

“Yeah. Good night, DongHae.” I gather the comforter around me. Then my eyes started closing, slowly.

 

“Good night, Dara.” He slightly ruffled my hair. “Sleep well.”

 

And with that, I’m off to dreamland.

 



 

 

It was a week after when they finally let me sleep by my own at night. It was a relief that I didn’t have to be super aware of those guys watching me sleep.

 

But those guys were really helpful though from the past nights. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, feeling a sudden pain on my head, they’ll be right beside me, asking what I need to feel better.

 

I felt really safe with them knowing they’ll always be there when I needed.

 

Those boys had been a family to me by now. I felt comfortable walking around with a pair of boring pajamas, my hair in a mess and my face natural and fresh without make-up.

 

I didn’t even know how I became so comfortable on my own skin. I always say to myself before that I’m awkward with everyone because it’s really true. But I realize, it was just a defense mechanism not to hear people talking bad at me or knowing people but realizing they won’t stay for long.

 

But with those guys I’m with, I feel I don’t need to hide, I don’t need to pretend. And I feel like a new different person. A person that I’m starting to like more and more as days passed.

 

All thanks to the guys.

 

I found some aspects on me that I hadn’t known before. It’s really nice knowing I could have confidence on my skin and feel comfortable with the opposite without even trying hard. I was really thankful that fate brought me to them.

 

Those guys are special to me. I do hope we share the same feeling.

 

“Hey sleeping beauty! Wake up! Your royal servants already prepared you your breakfast!” That’s Nichkhun.

 

“Yes, my servant! I’ll be there in a few!” I chuckled. This is hilarious. They’ve been treating me like a princess ever since that holiday decoration accident.

 

They may be irritating and stubborn at times but I still can’t deny how much all those guys mean so much to me now.

 

But I also knew someday I had to part with them but until that day hasn’t come, I’m going to enjoy my time with those boys.

 

Let’s just hope I don’t mess our relationships up by falling for anyone of them.

 

<*fingers crossed>

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the late update… I know I’m supposed to update last Thursday as I had said… Anyway, whose moment do you like most? DaraHae or TopDara? :D

 

And until then, I’ll see you guys on my next update! <3

 

EDIT:

Special thanks to TabiSan4eva for the poster!!! It is much appreciated! <3