Chapter 8

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

I woke up with a painful headache. Ugh, such a nice way to be greeted in the morning.

 

I can’t even open my eyes. It’s so painful and my visions blurry and confusing so I decided to just close my eyes and maybe later, I could sleep it off.

 

I’m not the type of drinker that would have hang-overs before since I’ve got accustomed to drinking in LA and my body got used to it already. But since it’s been awhile since I’ve drank alcohol, the last time was two month ago where I was so focused for the college projects and finals, my body reacts to it, specifically my head that is thudding like crazy.

 

I tried to remember what happened last night but it was all bits that flashed through my memory. Soju, beers, laughing, grinning, and tucking in. That was all that I remembered. I think my headache’s removing the whole detail of last night.

 

Whatever, I just hope I didn’t do anything stupid last night. I tend to do crazy stuffs when drunk. I remembered one joyful night at LA where my friends and I hang out at the beach, with a bonfire and lots of drinks. 

 

They told me the next morning that I make out with two guy friends of ours. Messy make out type. And the freaking guys enjoyed it, very much. Can you just imagine how awkward I felt when I met those guys at school.

 

They both teased me about it ‘till they got tired.

 

And then there was this Saturday night party we had at one of my friend’s house. As soon as the there are no parents in the house was heard, almost all the students came to the house. We had a blast. Drinking, dancing, playing beer pongs, and other party stuffs.

I have a huge crush on a jock that was on our school’s football team. I was pretty drunk when he came to the party with his girlfriend on his arms. I took one last swig on my drink, smirking, I walk to them.

 

I was a bad- chick when I’m drunk so guess what I did. I shoved the blonde cheerleader and deeply kissed my crush. There were gasps that was heard, I heard the blonde squeaked and wanted to push me away but to my joy, the jock I’m kissing pushed her away and gripped on my waist as he kissed me back.

 

Douchebag.  

 

But whatever, I was enjoying the kiss so I really didn’t care when I heard the blonde cursing and sobbing.

 

After the kiss, I winked at him before I went back to my friends who were cheering on me.

 

And then another drunken night at the club where I got my first cat-fight, I was out-spoken when drunk so when I saw a ty girl batting her eyelashes at my guy friend, I told her straight-faced that a girl like her, showing her fake front and plastic-surgery-filled-face won’t work on my friend. And told her that he doesn’t support pirated things, he’s more into real goods.

 

So yeah, the girl didn’t just back out and launch herself at me. I fought back so we ended up having a cat-fight, scratching and all, until the bouncers pulled us out of each other. And all my friends were dragged out of the club and were banned to never be in that club for a month.

 

I asked one of the bouncer why the ty girl wasn’t kicked out and that’s where he told me that the girl I fought with was the club owner’s daughter.

 

My friends and I drunkenly laughed at that. Though we were banned from one of our favorite clubs, we still had quite fun back there. Well mostly my friends, since fighter Sandara were seldom seen and when you see one, it’ll be one great-entertaining fight.

 

So yeah, I really do crazy stuffs when drunk.

 

I just hope like really hope that I didn’t do any kissing, groping, making out stuffs at my newly found friends.

 

 


 

 

Waking up again, I glanced at the wall clock. It’s 1pm and I realized I’m really hungry. The thudding was still there on my head. Damn.

 

 I went to the bathroom and then got out of the room to find something to eat.

 

As I reached the living room, I saw DongHae and Seunghyun sprawled on the couch and reclining chair. There were glasses of water on the coffee table. It was a good thing that there wasn’t aspirin or Tylenol since I’ve heard that while it takes away your hangover, it damages your insides so I really avoid them though it’s pretty tempting.

 

The guys looked beat. I guess, I wasn’t the only one having a bad hangover.

 

“Morning,” I greeted as I passed by them to the kitchen.

 

“Morning,” They weakly responded.

 

I paused for a moment. Did I really just said they? So it mean Seunghyun greeted back. That is sooo new.

 

I shrugged. In the kitchen, I grabbed some orange juice from the fridge that was still un-opened from its container and Gatorade. Thank God, the maknaes did the groceries.

 

The fridge was totally full so yay for me!

 

I also filled two glasses with orange juice and grabbed another two Gatorade for the two guys on the living room.

 

I’ve learned before through experience that a hangover person needs vitamins C and other drinks to replenish the water we’ve lost the day before; because of the alcohol that went to our bloodstreams and also partly of puking.

 

I went to the living room after, carrying my own remedies for hangover.

 

“Orange juice and Gatorade, good for curing hangovers.” I gave them their orange juice and Gatorade.

 

They weakly thanked me in return. I sat at the other reclining chair that was available. I crossed my legs and bite on my bread and took a sip of my orange juice after.

 

Suddenly, I noticed Nichkun, Gikwang and Mir were nowhere in the house. “Where are the others?”

 

“Went to the pharmacy to buy some hangover medicines.” DongHae answered.

 

“Tell them not to! Tylenol and other medicines aren’t good for hangovers. Just let them buy more Gatorade, orange juice and oh! eggs and bananas too! ”    

 

“Eggs and bananas?” Seunghyun and DongHae asked, their eyebrows shooting to their hairline.

 

I rolled my eyes. “You guys are such erts! From research, I’ve learned that eggs and bananas help relieve hangovers.” They weakly chuckled and looked at each other meaningfully. Ugh, damn guys and their dirty minds. “And tell them to buy ingredients for a bouillon soup. Come on, do it! We can’t suffer like this in the entire day!”

 

 They gave me a small grin.

 

“I’ll call them,” Seunghyun said before I could order them to call or text the guys again. He grabbed his phone from his side and started dialing numbers. After a while… “Hey. Don’t buy the medicines anymore. Just buy more gatorades, orange juices, eggs, bananas and. . .”

 

He looked at me questioningly about the soup I mentioned earlier. I said the ingredients to him while he repeated it to his phone.

 

“Okay. Thanks, dude. . . We’re all awake now, chillin’ horribly at the living room. . . ‘Kay, thanks again.” Seunghyun ended the call after.

 

It’s really weird. You know, me and Seunghyun so casually talking like this. Maybe it was just because of the hangover. But whatever, I really like this nice and playful side of him rather than his cold and scary side when he’s normal.

 

 And let’s not forget, DongHae too. He’s turned into a playful guy, you know, teasing and goofy grins when the guys started questioning how eggs and bananas help our situation.

 

Guys would always be guys

 

After a while of talking, drinking juices and Gatorades, we fell asleep, waiting for our three saviors to bring our hangover cures.

 

 


 

 

 

 The third time I woke up, I smelled something that made my stomach growl. I slowly open my eyes. The thudding in my head was still there, no surprise to that. Hangover doesn’t leave fast. It may take eight to 24hours before you could feel relieved.

 

I made myself to stand up.

 

“You’re awake!” Nichkhun beamed from the kitchen. “I’m just finishing the soup! This will be done in a few more minutes so wait for it!”

 

I gave him a small smile as I went to the dining room and sat there, waiting for the soup.

 

I noticed Gikwang and Mir weren’t around. Why are they always missing in action? “Where’s Gikwang and Mir?”  I also took notice of the dining table was full of the groceries they shopped earlier.

 

I wondered, where they get their moneys from? Should be from their parents, right?

 

“Well, they went out with friends. You know how youngsters are, always going out, having fun.”

 

I nodded, understandingly. Yeah, I do because I was like that when I was at their age. 

 

“Okay, this is done!” He announced and started putting the soup in four bowls.

 

“I’ll wake the two guys then.” I said, standing up but Nichkhun stopped me.

 

“No, just eat this. I know you haven’t had anything yet except liquid in your body.” Aww, big brother’s being so caring.  “I’ll wake them up myself.”

 

He placed the four bowls on the dining table. One is in front of me. I thanked him, he grinned at me. After that, he went to the living room to wake the two guys in there.

 

 I started scooping on my soup when Seunghyun and DongHae came and sat on their seats. Nichkhun followed after, grinning like crazy.

 

The grinning is starting to annoy me. “What’s with the grinning?”  Then realization hit me. “Oh-My-God.” My eyes widened, my mouth was open as I stared incredulously at Nichkhun.

 

 “Did I kiss you or anyone of you guys last night?” I looked at all three of them with hope that I didn’t.

 

Nichkhun frowned, looking at me curiously. “Don’t you remember what happened?”

 

“I could only remember bits of it. So tell me if I ever kissed anyone of you guys, I am so sorry.” I pleaded with my eyes to all three of them. Please say nothing like that happened.

 

“How about you two,” Nichkhun smirking at DongHae and Seunghyun. What the hell just tell me already! ” Remember anything from last night?”

 

Why is he avoiding my questions? Omo! Did I do something worse than kissing? OHMYGOD!

 

I bit my lower lip as I waited for DongHae and Seunghyun to answer. They were now thinking deeply of the happenings last night.

 

Then their eyes widened. They both looked at each other, then to Nichkhun who was now chuckling and lastly to me.

 

Omo, what did I do?

 

“C’mon, tell me what did I do?” I squeaked, my palms started sweating up. Did I their or something?

 

Seunghyun and DongHae didn’t answer but Nichkhun did. He told me what happened. My first impressions to all of them, the confession I did to Seunghyun and DongHae, the future boyfriends statement, and their ‘let’s sleep together’ remark.

 

Oh God.

 

After that, I remembered everything.

 

Kill me now! Or maybe I could just blame the alcohol.

 

Oh well, at least I didn’t make out with them or did something more inappropriate. But still, I confessed that I’m starting to like DongHae and I’m also possibly starting to like Seunghyun too.

 

“I really like you all.” I say, trying to cover up my confession to the both guys staring at me. “You guys are really nice and let me stay at your apartment so yeah. . . I really like you all.”

 

I’m such a horrible liar.

 

Damnit!

 

Just please, take it. it up. Forget about last night. I swear, I’m never going to get drunk with these guys.

 

I continued eating my soup. My eyes focused on the yummy soup, totally avoiding the guy’s reaction.

 

“Oh, is that so? We like you too, very much.” It was DongHae. Oh thank God, he took my lie as truth.

 

I looked at him. He was sheepishly smiling at me for a second before he lowered his head. I think he’s just trying to cover up, the blushing-like-a-teenager and the let’s sleep together statement from last night.

 

“Yeah, I agree.” Seunghyun added.

 

Oh, he’s trying to cover up the ‘I might just like you too’ remark of him and the sleep together thingy too. 

 

This is definitely awkward.

 

Then suddenly…

 

Nichkhun bursted into laughter. It may sound heavenly to normal people but for someone with a bad headache, it’s irritating.

 

So all three of us (DongHae, Seunghyun and I), as I noticed, glared at him.

 

He started slapping his hands into the table as his laughter were now breathy and no sound coming out from his mouth. Which meant he was really happy and enjoying our embarrassments.

 

Ugh.

 

His laughter died down after a few more irritating breathy and soundless laughs. “You guys. . . are so. . . funny!” He was breathing fast as he said those words, with a matching sly grin after.

 

I glared at him one last time before I averted my eyes back to my soup and continued eating it. I wanted this hangover to leave my head so I could have the strength to strangle this pretty boy.

 

“Anyway, let’s pretend last night never happened.”  Yeah, like that’s possible. “Or maybe not speak of it.” Yeah, that’s much better.

 

“We agree.” Seunghyun and DongHae said at the same time.

 

“Swear?” I wanted to make sure.

 

“We swear.” They seriously said.

 

And then there it was again, Nichkhun that can’t get enough of laughing. “Like I said, you guys are funny!”

 

I gave him the if-you-don’t-shut-up-I’m-gonna-kick-your- look. I am so serious that I swear I’m really going to do just that right now if won’t stop. His laughter is really making my headache worst.

 

I guess the other two also felt it as they wanted to kick Nichkhun’s chair so he would fell down and hit his on the floor pretty hard or bite his head off.

 

“Okay okay okay,” Nichkhun says, but he still has his sly smile. “I’ll stop. Jeez, such grumpy hangover people,” He stand up and grabbed the pot where he cooked the soup and placed it on the middle of the dining table. “Eat more so you guys won’t be cranky anymore.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

AN: Hangover chapter. I haven’t had hangover before so all the remedies and cures that were mentioned in this chapter are all from google. I just googled it. I’m an occasional drinker so I don’t get thudding in the head the morning after. 

 

How about you guys? Any hangover experience? Are there minors reading this? If yes, I'm sorry if you can't relate and quick reminder, don't drink if you're not allowed to. 

 

So yeah, let me know what you think about this chapter! (: And see you guys, next time!