Chapter 12

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

Dong-Wook left after we had our talk at the playground because he still has a girlfriend he needs to take care of. He insist that I still stay at the boys’ apartment so he would know where I was and he also left me his phone, he said he has another one so it wasn’t a big deal and made me accept it. Guess I would stay at the apartment for the whole months I’ll be staying in Korea.

 

Anyway, right now, the three of us (Seunghyun, DongHae and I) were at some mall looking for holiday decorations.

 

“No. We. Can’t. Buy. That.” I firmly said. I realized something. Seunghyun and DongHae clearly don’t know how to pick Holiday decorations. They’ve been randomly picking things up and presenting it to me.  This one they picked an elf that looks so weird and then there’s this other one they picked some holiday socks.

 

If we buy all the things they’ve chosen, the apartment will look like a Christmas decoration shop (All different kinds / variety).

 

And we can’t do random. Decorations should be somehow color-related or style-related with each other so there’ll be unity so there’s a sense that you’ve given time and effort to decorate.

 

“You,” I looked straight into DongHae. “Why did you want to decorate the apartment when you don’t even know what to pick?” I turned to Seunghyun. “And you. You’re no different.”

 

“Why don’t you two guys go to… I don’t know, mechanic supplies. You know, guy stuff.”

 

“What will we do there?”

 

“I don’t know. You guys figure it out while I buy the decorations.” I continued strolling down the aisle while looking for decorations.

 

And both guys were still following me.

 

I stopped abruptly making them do the same.

 

Why are you guys still here?

 

And I know they figured out why I stopped walking so suddenly since DongHae explained the inside question. “We don’t want to leave you. Who knows who might be roaming around this same aisle and harm you.”

 

“He’s right. Some guy might be disguising as a shopper but he’s really a or maniac.” Seunghyun adds with a nod.

 

Both guys looked at me with seriousness.

 

And I had to giggle. “What? There’s a holiday shopper -slash- maniac?”

 

It’s a really ridiculous idea coming from them.

 

But they didn’t think so.

 

“I know martial arts and I can use that if that shopper maniac appears.” Well that was a lie but they didn’t have to know. “Now go, I can look out for myself.”

 

Seunghyun sighed in defeat while DongHae still have to be convinced a few more judo and karate, I lie that I know about, before he agrees to leave with Mr. Cold-Turned-Warm guy.

 

With one last long glance towards me, they both turned their heels and left.

 

Sigh.

 

Freedom.

 

I scanned my eyes through the shelves I’ve pass by. If things caught my eyes, I put it on the pushcart and as I turn to another corner to see other shelves, my stroller bumped into a person.

 

“Sorry, I wasn’t looking.” I looked at the person, it’s a guy, a cute one and maybe same age as mine. “Are you okay?” I asked, I might’ve bruised him for all I know so I was concerned.

 

He steps back a bit from my pushcart. “I’m cool. I wasn’t really looking too so it’s also kind of my fault.” He nervously smiles at me and glances to my pushcart. “Holiday shopping?”

 

“Yeah,” I awkwardly answered. I’m really not good at talking to people I don’t know, especially someone who I just bumped my pushcart with.

 

 “Onew,” He randomly says. I looked quizzically at him. “That’s my name.” He was nervously rubbing the back of his neck. I really find it cute when guys are nervous and it makes me feel like a powerful lady.

 

“Dara,” I give him an amused smile. “That’s my name.” Yeah, lame, I know.

 

But anyway, I made him chuckle so job well done, I made someone happy! Such a great accomplishment, isn’t it?

 

“Well, I was just looking around for something my grandmother asks me to buy, some decorations for our house.” He explains. “Do you mind if we could look around together? I’m really not that good buying stuff she wants me to.”

 

I was about to agree when the duo, Seung-Hae, came in between me and Onew. “Apologies.” DongHae looked unemotional and a bit scary just like how personal bodyguards looked like. “Ms. Park is not to be talked to under orders from our boss. I hope you understand, Mister.”

 

What the hell?! They’re being rude to the grandma’s boy! …. I guessed he’s a grandma’s boy since he’s being summoned to buy stuffs his grandmother asks him too. If he’s some daddy’s boy, mommy’s boy or what-the-heck-ever, he won’t agree on buying for his grandmother.

 

‘Nuff said, back to what’s happening right at this moment.

 

The two so-called-bodyguards of mine towered over the poor Onew.

 

“We don’t want to cause a scene by being violent, Sir, so if you know what’s right to do, you’ll back off and leave.” Seunghyun’s voice was venomous. God, he could be really scary.

 

“Oh… uh… Dara, it’s r-really nice to meet you.” Onew warily looks at me. “I-I’ll see you around.” And then, he’s off to somewhere I don’t know. Probably scared less.

 

Poor guy.

 

I looked sharply at the duo. “What the heck are you both doing pretending bodyguards on me? Are both of you trying out a role you want to play when you’ve became an actor?” I huffed and puffed. “Whatever both of you were doing, you scared the guy less. He’s being so nice and you both are being so rude.” I all but crossed my arms angrily on my chest and I huffed.

 

“He could be the shopper maniac acting so innocent but deep inside he has motives!” DongHae fought back.

 


God, these guys are rude and crazy. “He’s out here buying something from his grandmother how can someone like that has bad motives on me? And we bumped to each other; he didn’t come up to me!”

 

“Quiet down, both of you. We’re in a public place and you guys are making a scene.” Seunghyun reminded.

 

I tried to relax.

 

Tried.

 

But I was still pissed. How can people be so rude?

 

“Why are you guys back?” I changed the topic. I was a bit relaxed by now.They looked guilty and I already know they didn’t leave me that far. Frustrated, I shut my eyes and inhaled deeply, my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose.

 

I never really knew that holiday shopping could be so aggravating.

 

“Okay,” I exhaled loudly. “Both of you will just follow me while I buy stuffs. Am I clear?”

 

They nodded like a nice servant.

 

Good.

 


 

 

“Can I ask you a question?” DongHae asks. Both of us were at the some coffee shop while we wait for Seunghyun to come back. He left to buy something that he forgot.

 

I nod. “Sure, fire away.”

 

“Will you tell me something about your parents or just describe them to me?”

 

I wonder why he’s interested with my family.

 

“U h, sure. Well my mother’s the always positive and smiling type. Really caring too.” I smile at the memory of her. “She’s a chef that has passion for food. When I was a kid, I sometimes thought that she loves her recipe books more than me and my siblings.

 

“Then there’s my father, he’s a protective type. Always calling me on my apartment to warn me about maniacs and that I should always lock my doors and windows at night.” I look at DongHae and see him still listening to me. “And lastly, my little brother, we fight a lot.” I scrunched my nose just as I remembered him teasing me how small in the height I am. GRR. “But despite that, I stil love him. He can see right through me like no other person can’t. And he knows how to act when I’m on the down side.”

 

I caught a glimpse of sadness on DongHae’s eyes. “You’re lucky to have them.”

 

I knew I had to do something about that sadness, to lighten our conversation up. “And you’re lucky to have the guy’s too.”

 

 And that brought smile to his face. “Nah, they’re lucky to have me. They’re all nutheads, without the smart and nice me, they’ll be nothing.” He was grinning by now. “And I think I’m the only normal from all of them.”

 

 I had to laugh at that.

 

“What? You don’t think I’m normal?” His face masks a mock of hurt.

 

“You’re too proud and sure of yourself, huh?” I raise an eyebrow, and my lips tugs into a smirk.

 

He shrugs. “Well, look at me. Why won’t I?”

 

I threw him a piece of my cake. Yep, I’m acting childish but who cares.

 

He brushed the cake crumbs from his face, smiling. “Hey, be respectful on the cake! That might show up on your dream tonight and take its revenge.”

 

Somehow it reminds me of the pancake Seunghyun made that unforgettable morning. Jeez, these guys are something.

 

And speaking of Seunghyun, I mean thinking since this is only in my head, he just came inside the coffee shop, holding a paper bag.

 

DongHae waved a hand, making Seunghyun know where we are settled.

 

Seunghyun sat next to DongHae, his eyes fixed on me. “Have I missed something?”

 

“Not really. We were just talking about Dara’s family.” DongHae grins.  “And man, she has a really nice one.”

 

“I figured.” Seunghyun smiled but I notice that it didn’t reach his eyes.

 

“So…” I cleared my throat, effectively changing the topic. “What did you buy?”

 

He shrugs. “Just a hoodie. I thought I needed a new one.”

 

“So guys, ready to go home? The apartment really needs some decorating to liven up the holiday feel.”

 

“Sure.” Seunghyun and I agrees.

 

An hour later, we were now at the apartment, helping each other out on decorating.

 

My task is to decorate the tree while the other two are placing decorations on the tables all around the house.

 

“So, do you guys have plans after your graduation?” I ask. It’s really getting awkward with the silence so I had to do something about it.

 

“I’m planning on going to California. You know, Hollywood. I want to learn about international films and all Hollywood can give.” Seunghyun answered, placing green and red vase on the coffee table in the living room.

 

“I’m staying here in Korea. Maybe work as an assistant director or try audition for drama parts.” DongHae, on the otherhand, is in the living room, decorating. “You?”

 

“Well, I’m going to try auditions for movie parts anywhere in America. As long as it’s an American film. Or try applying for a job in some production company.” I put some golden-flower-kind-of-thing on the tree. “I wanted an action kind of movie and Warner Brothers or something way bigger.”

 

“I’m sure you’ll get what you want… whatever it may be.” DongHae says through the kitchen now.

 

That’s a really nice thing to say but I know it can’t be that easy. “Well, I hope so. But I’m not getting my hopes up. World’s full of disappointments and disapprovals so I have to be prepared.”

 

“Deep,” Seunghyun teases.

 

I could feel my cheeks burning. Damn…

 

And because I’m suddenly feeling so conscious of myself, when I step up to the ladder I’m standing so I could reach the tall Christmas tree, my foot stepped wrong and I fell on the floor.  My knees making contact with the floor while my forehead on the ladder.

 

I cursed.  Seunghyun and DongHae were already kneeling beside me.

 

“Where does it hurt?” Seunghyun looked concerned.

 

Oh gosh, everything’s spinning.

 

I held my head on my hands. Please, stop spinning. “I’m dizzy. My knees and forehead hurts.” I grimaced.   

 

“I’ll carry you to the couch.” Seunghyun’s arms wraps on my shoulders and the back of my knees as he carries me up. “Lee, grab me some ice for Dara’s forehead.”

 

DongHae disappears to the kitchen.

 

Seunghyun carefully lays me down to the couch, making me sit on it. He sits beside me and pulling off his shirt. Oh no, why are you stripping?

 

Then he places it on my forehead. I grimaced ‘coz my forehead stings.

 

“Sh*t, your foreheads bleeding! Damn it. I just hope you didn’t have a concussion.” I think he’s talking to his self.  “Hae, the ice!”

 

DongHae appears to my side, gently placing one icepack on my knees. He looks really worried but he remained quiet.  I could see he’s trying hard to stay calm but there’s still a pinch of panic on his eyes.

 

The room’s still spinning but I still see Seunghyun stand up, fishing out his phone from his jeans pocket and dialing on it.

 

“Yeah, it’s me. Can you come over?” Pause. “My friend hit her head and I need you to check if she got a concussion.” Pause. “Her forehead’s bleeding and she’s sitting on the couch.” Pause. “Sure, thanks.”

 

After that, he hangs up.

 

“Someone will be here in a few minutes to check up on you, Dara.” Seunghyun frustratingly grabs onto his hair. “F**k, I think I should have known not to let you decorate that f**king tall tree.”

 

“What happened, happened. And besides, I’m fine.” Lie.

 

“You’re not fine! Your f**king forehead’s bleeding! How can you tell me that you’re fine?” Gosh, why is he so angry? His yelling makes my head hurt more.

 

“Relax, man. She’s just trying to lighten the mood.” Seunghyun glares at DongHae. “All we have to do is make sure she doesn’t lose consciousness. No need for scolding.” I agree to that.

 

Seunghyun groans and started pacing. “And why’s the doctor taking so long? He’s just living around here!”

 

I held the sides of my head.  

 

Well, I didn’t expect this day to be in this situation. And damn it, my head hurts like a b*tch. I guess I really should have let the boys handle the big, bad, tall tree.

 

Note to self: Don’t decorate a tree that’s three to four feet taller than you.

 


 

A/N : It’s been a while. I’m sorry. I’ve been really busy this month so yeah, I had no time for my laptop and the internet. But anyway, here’s the update. ^^ 

 

See you next time. :)