Chapter 9

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

While we finish eating our soups, the doorbell suddenly rang.

 

I wonder who it was.

 

“I’ll get it.” Nichkhun stood up and went to the door.

 

“Oh, hey Hyo! Come in,” We heard Khun’s greeting and so Hyoyeon stepped inside and went to the kitchen.

 

“Hey DongHyun!” She greeted the Seunghyun and DongHae first. I noticed them rolling their eyes at her. She then went to hug me. ”Dara! I heard you guys have a hung over from Mir and Gikwang so I came to see for myself.”

 

See for myself my .

 

I know she’s here to pry questions on me like what happened and blah blah blah.

 

“Okay,” I forced a smile as I looked at her, giving her the message ‘go-home, I don’t want to talk’.

 

She patted my head and gave me a hug again. “Poor girl, do you want to rest on your room?”

 

Somebody help me, PLEASE!

 

 “Yeah, that’s a good idea, Hyo.” Nichkhun agreed. I shoot him a glare that says ‘What the hell!’. “These guys would go to their rooms in a while. Sleep is good for people with hung overs.”

 

“Okay, Dara. Let’s go to your room.” Hyoyeon held the back of my elbow and helped me to stand.

 

NOOOOO!!!!!

 

“Wait!” I looked at Seunghyun who stopped us from going to my room.

 

YES!!!!!!!

 

I know we’re not that close but right now, I want to be his best friend.

 

He glanced at DongHae and then gave me a smile that doesn’t reach his eyes. “Never mind/”

 

What?! What do you want to tell me? Tell me now? Be my savior from mother Hyoyeon!

 

“Talk to you guys later after I put Dara to sleep.” Hyoyeon winked at all three guys and started dragging me to DongHae’s room.

 

She gently sat me on the bed and then she sat next to me. “Okay, tell me what happened?”

 

I huffed and then, told her everything that happened. There’s no point arguing with her ‘coz I know I’m not going to win.

 

“Oh my God! I knew it!” She squeaked those words after.

 

“If you know it so much then I don’t have to explain more, right?” She opens to protest but I beat her to it. “Anyway, why did you call Seunghyun and Dong-Hae, DongHyun?”

 

“Oh, well, since they’re always together like best friends, I called both of them DongHyun which I derived from Dong of DongHae plus Hyun of Seunghyun.”

 

Oh. Damn hung over, making me dumb.

 

I scooted backwards so I could rest my back on the headboard. I placed pillows on it before I lay back. “Is that all you’re here for?” I rubbed my temples. God, this hung over takes too long.

 

“Of course…” I glared at her. She laughed nervously.  “…not! I also came because I’m concerned. Good thing, we have our day off on Sunday to Monday! You can take your rest pretty long!”

 

I covered my ears. Damn those yelling that is starting to really worsen my ing headache. “Lower your voice. I’m right beside you, you know.”

 

She cleared then scooted closer to me. “So… Which team are you on? Team DongHae or Team Seunghyun?”

 

I quirked an eyebrow. “Twilight fan much?”  She’ll never get tired matching me with those guys, won’t she?

 

She shoots me a glare that was really scary so I squeaked an answer. “Neither, okay!” I averted my eyes from her and looked behind her, to the door which was closed. I wanted to make sure the guys weren’t eavesdropping or something. “I like both and Nichkhun, Mir and Gikwang too!”

 

She epically rolls her eyes at me. “Whatever you say, Park.” And nudged me with her elbow and lastly, gave me a wink.

 

She definitely won’t stop.

 

“Anyway, if you need me just ring my bell next door, okay?”

 

Such a sweet and detail hungry girl she is.

 

“I’ll let you rest now.” She leaned closer, coming forward for a hug. “And just so you know, I’m on Team DongHyun. You know Dong—”

 

I pinched her side. “Out!” She’s unbelievable.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m going out. You don’t have to shout!” She rubbed her ears while standing up. “Get well, pretty girl.” She smiled after.  

 

“Thanks, Kim.” I sincerely say, smiling back at her.

 

I feel like I’ve found an older sister from her. Ah~ I really wish I had one. Too bad, I am the oldest from my siblings.

 

She shrugged her shoulder. “Nah, you don’t have to thank me. I just really came by to see how you guys looked like in this kind of situation. And I can say that you three look like one hell of—”

 

I hissed at her, the same time I throw a pillow at her direction.  She dodged it and quickly said a ‘Bye! I’ll see you on Tuesday!’ and went out of the room.

 

Smiling, I tuck myself in and get ready to sleep. Nichkhun was right, sleep is good to cure hangover.

 

 


 

 

 

The next day, Monday morning, I woke up earlier than usual. 5AM. Since I haven’t clearly known the whole place, I decided to go jogging before coming back for breakfast.

 

Gikwang and Mir joined me which I really thanked them for since I don’t want to get lost or something. They told me they were preparing to jog too so my thanks wasn’t really necessary.

 

The other guys were still sprawled on their beds, lost on their dreams.

 

I huffed and puffed as all three of us were now jogging beside each other. “So…I noticed you guys were always not around, are you both avoiding me?”

 

Gikwang and Mir exchanged looks before they looked at me, frowning. “No, why would we do that? We’re always like this even when you weren’t staying with us.”

 

“We’re sorry if we offended you with our absence. We’re just young and enjoying it.” Gikwang says with a wink.

 

“Or maybe you guys have girlfriends, huh?” I throw them a meaningful stare.

 

Mir snorted. “Nah, girls are trouble. It’s better to be single.”

 

“Are you saying that I’m trouble?” I faked an offended tone of my voice, hands clutching my fake hurt feelings.

 

“You’re an exemption, of course.” Mir winked at me. “Though we may not look like it, we’re really glad you’re here, noona.” He says, warmly smiling at me.

 

“True,” Gikwang agrees. “You made our apartment come to life just like a bright light from a dark place.” Did his eyes just sparkle? “And more specifically, the hyungs’ lights.”

 

“Speaking of them, I’ve never really seen the hyungs act like the way they do in front of you.” Mir said, glancing at me. “Well maybe because we never have a girl with us before.” He shrugs after.

 

“Noona, can I ask you a question?” Gikwang suddenly asks. I nodded. “If ever you find Dong-Wook hyung before the three months deadline, will you leave us?”

 

“I don’t know. I’ll think about when the time comes that I find him.” I admitted. “But while that still isn’t happening, I’m fixed with my decision to stay with you guys.”

 

We’d jog a couple more minutes before we head back to the apartment. All sweaty and tired, we went straight to the fridge and got some bottled waters.

 

“Ugh, the smell of disgusting sweats!” Nichkhun who was at the kitchen, cooking, jokingly covered his nose with a fake disgusted look.

 

Mir snorted, glaring at his hyung. “At least we had our body worked up, not like someone who’s always at the kitchen, he’ll either cook or eat.”

 

“Oooow,” Gikwang and I reacted, thinking it was a low blow to the Thai guy.

 

“Hey, now there. That’s untrue! How can you say I don’t exercise when I have these…” He flexed his arms and his muscled arms contracted. He also lifted his shirt to show his six-pack abs.

 

Oh, he definitely works out.

 

 Mir snorted again after he drank all the contents of the water bottle. “It’s quite a surprise that you still have those with your lack of exercise.”

 

“Maybe I was born with it.” Nichkhun winked at me.

 

I almost laughed at the imagination in my head, baby Nichkhun with muscled arms and abs.

 

Mir smugly smiled. “Suit yourself, hyung.” He went to his side and patted his shoulder before going to his room.

 

“You’ve always been a bragger with those, hyung.” Gikwang did the flexing and lifting the shirt. Gah! This young kid! “I also have those too, you know. Mine’s probably better.”

 

He smirks at his hyung and at me, who was gaping at these guys with their lovely chiseled bodies, before he went to his room too.

 

“Stop drooling!” Nichkhun says as he stares at me.

 

“Wa-what?” My fingers came into my mouth immediately.

 

F**ker, there’s no drool! 

 

I snicker at him, the same time I threw my empty bottled water at his face. He caught it in time before it hit him. Ugh, he’s got great reflex too!

 

Such a perfect person.

 

“You’re being mean!” I accused him, pouting.

 

“I’m not. You’re just obviously checking us out that I won’t be surprised that you’d be drooling any time soon.” He smirks at me.

 

I glared at him before I changed the topic. “Where are Seunghyun and DongHae?”

 

His expression fell. I didn’t know why but maybe it’s got to do with the two guys that are missing in action.

 

“I forgot to tell you. Today is the death anniversary of DongHae’s mother.” He said quietly, like he doesn’t even want to speak those words. “We’re planning to visit later today. Want to tag along?”

 

I felt my spirit move to its downfall. “Sure. So where are they?”

 

“They’re buying stuffs we needed for the visit.”

 

Today must be hard so hard for DongHae. I should’ve known earlier today so I could help buy what was needed.

 

“Dara-yah!”

 

I blinked and snapped my eyes to Nichkhun, my expression blank. I just didn’t know what to feel exactly.

 

Nichkhun’s expression, on the other hand, was now changed into a playful one. “Go grab your shower!” He dramatically fans his face.

 

Just like that, my blank expression turned to a snickering one. “Fine, your clean and perfect highness.” I stepped towards him and playfully pinched his side. He winced and before he could counter-attack me, I ran to DongHae’s room, my room since I stayed in their apartment.

 

As I took notice of the whole room I was in, I never really saw a picture frame of his mother. Maybe because he doesn’t want to remember that she was gone.

 

If I could just run to him and give him a hug right now.

 

 


 

 

Another thing that I didn’t notice was that Seunghyun has a car. We were riding it now. Seunghyun was driving it, of course, DongHae at the front passenger seat while the other four of us were at the back.

 

The car was nice and cool. It was a big car like the cars of CSI Miami’s Horatio Caine.

 

So there were a lot of spaces for the four people at the back seat. If it was a normal sedan, we would probably be squeezing each other and that would be really uncomfortable for such a long ride we all will be having.

 

I really haven’t said a word since we rode out of the apartment. But the guys were throwing jokes, and all I did was laugh a little and ‘hmm’ed. I didn’t really know if I was allowed to be sad but I still did.

 

Without me noticing, I drifted off to sleep, my head on Nichkhun’s shoulder.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

It had been hours since I fell asleep. The shaking on my shoulder woke me up.

 

“We’re here.”  I hear Nichkhun’s soft voice on my ear. Stirring on my sleep, I rub my eyes and sat straight.

 

I noticed Nichkhun was outside, holding my door open. “Come on, get your pretty out.” He smirks at my still sleepy state of mind.

 

I gestured him to move back, he did, and so I slid out of the car. I noticed we were parked in a long-almost-road. And below there were burials and tombs.

 

I looked around, trying to find the other guys. “Where are they?”

 

“They walked ahead. So come on, we need to catch up with them.” He held my wrist and started dragging me.

 

Not too far, we found the other guys in front of a burial beside a tomb. They were giving respect to it, bowing down to their knees then standing up and bowing down again. Nichkhun and I join them.

 

Then all four of us, went to a nearby tree to give some space for DongHae and his mother. He was kneeling on the grass, pouring soju on a shot glass. Flowers and food beside it.

 

“DongHae says that we could wait in the car. It’ll take a bit long before he finishes talking to his mother.” Seunghyun said. I guess wanting DongHae to have his own privacy with his mother without us anywhere near him.

 

“’Kay, let’s head back to the car.” Nichkhun announces and the other two agreed. All four of them look at me, questioningly.                                                                                                                                                  

 

“I’ll stay for a bit. I’ll follow, I promise.” I told them. I just don’t want to leave DongHae alone.

 

“Okay, let’s go guys.” Nichkhun says after. All four headed back to the car.

 

And as I look back to DongHae, I saw him crying. The always joyful and nice guy is crying just a few meters away from me.

 

It was heartbreaking to see someone like him break down and I didn’t realize one tear fell from my eyes.

 

I wanted to hug him and so I did. I knelt down beside him, held his shoulders and brought half of his body to mine. He froze just for a second before he rested his head on my shoulder and continued to break down.

 

I wrapped my arms around him, one hand stoking his hair and the other his back, hoping somehow it’ll help him with how horrible he is feeling right now.

 

Hearing, seeing and feeling him like this felt like I was carrying the whole world by myself. I just felt all his burden passing through me with his cries and I wasn’t used to it, him being like this.

 

And just as I was about to rest my chin on his shoulder, I saw Seunghyun’s retreating back.

 

 


 

 

AN: Aw...  Leave some love! :)