Chapter 7

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

“We’re home!” DongHae announced as we entered the apartment.

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

I could tell that it was Top since I clearly recognize his deep voice coming from the kitchen. Such a deep, mesmerizing voice.

 

Get a hold of yourself, Park Sandara!

 

DongHae laughed and went to where Top was. “Man, I can really feel how much you miss me.”

 

I heard Top hissed as I walk my way to DongHae’s room and change into much more comfortable clothes. Hoodies and sweatpants are my comfortable buddies. I fixed my hair into a messy bun and went out to eat dinner.

 

DongHae felt like eating out so all of us agreed to it. Who wouldn’t resist such nice guy? Well Top’s quite the exception. But in the end, he was convinced with something DongHae whispered to him.

 

I wonder what it was.

 

 I changed my sweat pants into dark denim jeans since I don’t want people staring at me like I was a beggar or something. And I also wore DongHae’s gift, the beanie, since I don’t want to catch a cold with how low the temperature is outside.

 

We ended up in a restaurant that specializes in chicken delicacies. It was Top’s choice. I guess this is what DongHae whispered to him that he can choose where we would eat.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Choi and company!” A middle-aged woman greeted us and lead as to our seats. “It’s been awhile since you’ve visited.” She looks at me with wide grin. “And who’s this lovely lady?”

 

“A friend, Mrs. Yoon.” Top answered nonchalantly.

 

“What a beautiful friend she is,” Her eyes never left mine as she held her hand out to me. “Very nice meeting you. I’m Mrs. Yoon, the owner of this restaurant and a friend of these guys.”

 

Smiling, I reached out for her hand and shook it. “Dara. Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Yoon.”

 

She really looked like a really nice ahjumma so no wonder the guys are friends with her. And I figured, the guys could also be frequent customers in this restaurant that resulted for them and the owner to be friends.

 

After casting me a meaningful look, she turned to the guys with a warm smile. “So should I give you the usual?”

 

“Yes, Mrs. Yoon.” DongHae smiles at Mrs. Yoon. He glances at me as he ask, “How about you, Dara?”

 

I gave him a small smile. “I’ll just have the same, whatever it is.”

 

I’m really not a picky eater. I eat anything except disgusting stuffs or exotic stuffs. And even though I eat a lot, I don’t gain weight, well a bit of a weight and the latter goes to my face. Yep, my face.

 

It’s kind of annoying actually. It’s so not normal. My cheeks are all chubby and bellow neck is all skinny, but not too skinny. Like the normal skinny, you know what I mean? No? Whatever.

 

And when I lose weight, the bone structures on my face appear and my body becomes thinner.

 

So annoying, isn’t it? But oh well, I got used to it as I get older so I really don’t mind anymore.

 

“How did you guys meet?” I curiously asked while waiting for our food. I’m talking about Mrs. Yoon.

 

“Well it all started in one day.” Khun joked while the guys and I roll our eyes at him. He chuckles lightly before continuing his story telling. “We were all hungry after our last classes ended and unfortunately, we didn’t have money left on our pockets. Mrs. Yoon noticed how we were almost drooling at the food menu stand outside her restaurant and offered us a free meal.”

 

“Wow, she’s a really nice person then.” I said in awe. It’s really generous of her to feed these guys for free.

 

“She is. After that we all became frequent eaters here. And of course, we start paying then. It’ll be too much if we won’t.” Khun adds.

 

“And Mrs. Yoon likes Top hyung so much and vice versa. They’re like mother and son.” Gikwang informed with a wide grin. Top groaned but didn’t stop him. “Well she treats us all the same but Hyung’s like the favorite son.”

 

“It’s not necessary to mention that.” Top said after, looking at Gikwang with his death glare.

 

Gikwang shrugged. “It won’t hurt you if I tell. And it’s just added information so noona would know and understand more of our relationship with Mrs. Yoon.” 

 

The older guy hissed at him and crossed his arms on his chest childishly.  

 

I bit my lower lip hard so I won’t laugh or chuckle with Top’s childish acts that looks really cute for his scary and manly features. I don’t want him to be angry at me so I just bit my lip like I was hungry.

 

“Are you hungry?” DongHae asked, that made me realize he noticed me biting my lower lip.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Liar!

 

“Don’t worry it won’t take long.” DongHae whispered on my ears. The closeness made me blush so I chewed on my lower lip and nodded.

 

True to what he said, the foods we ordered were now being delivered to our table. It all looked mouth-watering. There are side dishes, main dishes, and sojus.

 

We thanked Mrs. Yoo and her son that did guy handshakes with the boys after they served our orders.

 

 It didn’t take me a minute before I started eating. I was hungry and no one can stop me from what I’m doing.

 

“Wow.” That was all I could say as my tongue tastes the food I’m taking in.

 

The guys chuckled. All the guys. Yep that’s right, even Seunghyun. “We know.” They chorused, grinning at me.

 

Well that’s new.

 

 


 

 

 

After dinner, the boys decided to have a drink at a nearby 24-hour fast serving little restaurant just the corner before our apartment.

 

The restaurant was like built in a large-sized tent. There are small tables and chairs. At the corner, there’s where the serving and kitchen station are at.

 

There were only a couple of customers as we head inside. Two guys drinking soju. Just like the two girls and one guy were doing.

 

“Ahjumma, 6 sojus.” Gikwang ordered, looking at the ahjumma working at the corner.

 

The ahjumma gave him a welcoming smile. “Sure, kid.” 

 

Are Gikwang and Mir on the legal age to drink?

 

I looked at the maknaes. “Are you guys allowed to drink?”

 

They shrugged. “Not until we turn 22.” 

 

So they’re still not yet legal.

 

I was about to ask again when Khun spoke. “Don’t worry. We make sure they don’t get drunk when we drink.”

 

I glanced at DongHae with a questioning look but all he just gave me a reassuring words. “We’re a responsible guardian to these two so don’t worry.”

 

I gave up. It’s just a bit wrong to drink when you’re not in the legal age. Well, if they’re going to be responsible with their actions, I guess I’ll just trust them.

 

“6 soju.” Ahjumma announced as she placed the six bottles of soju and six shot glasses at our table and then she left to the corner.

 

After a second, my curious mind took over again. “Do you guys drink here often?” I just can’t stop asking, do I? I giggled inside. I just want to know more about these guys and their lives. It’s pretty interesting, I tell you.

 

“Just occasionally. When we felt like going out of the apartment.” Khun answered, nonchalantly.  

 

I nodded twice and opened the cap of my soju. It was my first time drinking this drink so I was curious to taste it. Was it like beer, tequila or something?

 

I poured the alcohol to my shot glass. Taking a glance at the others, I wondered how guys drink their soju. Bottoms up or a gulp-by-gulp type?

 

As I looked at all of them, they all did bottoms up. Guy thing, I guess.

 

I nervously held my glass.

 

This is it. Just think of it like a beer.

 

I closed my eyes shut as I place the glass to my mouth and drink the soju in one go. As the liquid ran down my throat, I cough loudly.

 

That tastes like… ugh!

 

That’s only my opinion so no offense.

 

“You okay?”DongHae’s hand went to my back as he gently tapped it to relieve from my coughing.

 

“It tastes like hospital rub alcohol.” I said before ahjumma came and gave me a glass of water. I thanked her before she left to work. I drank the water, wanting to remove the weird taste on my throat.

 

Seunghyun snorted. “You tasted hospital alcohol before?” The maknaes chuckled with that.

 

I glared at the three. In return, they just shrugged and poured themselves another shot glass of soju.

 

“For first timers, it would really taste like that. If you don’t like it, we can get you a different drink.” Khun said, looking concerned at me.

 

DongHae’s hand left my back. “Yeah, you want a different drink? Ahjumma has beer.”

 

“Yeah, sure. Beer would be great.” I told both. Khun called out to ahjumma for one beer. Ahjumma went to our table with a beer on her hand.

 

I take a gulp of my beer.

 

“Better?” DongHae asked, grinning at me.

 

I nodded twice. “Much better.”

 

After a couple more of sojus and beers, Seunghyun, DongHae and I were all drunk. Khun didn’t drink much since he didn’t want another hangover the next morning. And as for the maknaes, they only had a few drinks so they didn’t get drunk.

 

I know I’m drunk since when we stood up to leave, the world greeted me with a wild spin. Every move I take, whether it’s just my head or one step forward, it all spins.

 

So yeah, I am so sure. 100 % sure, I’m drunk.

 

The three sober fellas of ours were helping us walk our way to our apartment. Gikwang was helping DongHae. Nichkhun was helping me. Mir was helping Seunghyun.

 

“Do you guys want to know my first impression to all of you?” I randomly asked, grinning at all of them.

 

I could see them all smiling so I continued talking.

 

“I’m starting with the first one that talked to me, LEE DONG-HAE baby!” I cheered and whooped, grinning at where Dong-Hae was. He grins back at me and nodded, wanting me to continue.

 

“You’re like my life savior. Like seriously. You’re like sent by God.” I pointed to the heavens and laughed. “Aside from your kind heart, you’re also such a sweet and good-looking guy. I bet a lot of girls are ogling at you all the time.” I winked at him. A bit embarrassed, he hid his face using his palms.

 

Aww.

 

“And you’re really cute when you’re feeling ashamed or embarrassed. I’m starting to really like you more because of that.” I added. His face started to redden which made me giggle on Khun’s arms.

 

“Next up, the maknaes! The lovely and cute maknae! You guys are like the rival little brothers. How you snickered with each other is just so adorable.” I pinched my cheeks. Since I can’t pinch their cheeks, I’ll settle with mine. Glancing at Gikwang, I continued. “Gikwang, your toned body makes me think you’re not a maknae. It’s too y for your age.” Then my gaze turned to Mir. “And you Mir, you’re like a really playful maknae. I think you’ll be a Casanova when you grow up. I just hope you won’t be a playboy.”

 

The maknaes sneered at each other as they argued who’s the better maknae.

 

“I think you guys have your own qualities that will surpass the other so both of you are the best.” I intervened. They just snorted at me. They wanted me to just pick one from them but I didn’t so they just snort in disapproval.

 

“And the Thai pretty boy, Nichkhun!” I squeezed his shoulder which I was holding for support in walking. I tilted my head and grinned at him. “Your face is just angel-like. And as I know you more, I feel like you’re the big brother I wanted to have.”

 

He smirked at me as he squeezes my waist. “Speak for yourself. You have an angelic-face too or maybe a goddess-like-face.”

 

I blushed. Who wouldn’t blush when someone compliments you like that? And a compliment coming from a guy like Nichkhun?

 

“And lastly, TOP or Seunghyun! You’re a handsome man but your personality is just off. Maybe it was just to me but whatever. You have this effect on me to be scared or intimidated by your piercing eyes. If you would be a little nicer, I might just like you.” I bravely said as I was looking at Seunghyun, eye-to-eye.

 

His lips tugging into a smirk. “I might like you too, Dara, if we just met at the right time and place.”

 

I just laughed at what he said.

 

Before I knew it, we were now at the apartment. All of us settled at the living room. The drunk team, Seunghyun, DongHae, and I were at the couch while the sober team were at the two single reclining chair.

 

I found myself sitted between Seunghyun and DongHae. I sighed. They smell really nice with this close.

 

I spread my arms on their backs and held their shoulders to me. “If I would have a boyfriend. It might be either the two of you.” I declared.

 

Where’s this confidence coming from?

 

“What about us, noona?” The maknaes asked. Khun chuckled.

 

“You will know someone much better than me, my dears. But you both will still be my favorite maknaes.” I finished, giving them a wink.

 

“My future boyfriends, are you guys tired?” I asked, squeezing DongHae and Seunghyun’s shoulders. I yawned. “I’m getting sleepy.”

 

“Let’s sleep together.”  Both of them suggested with a grin on their faces. I gave a hearty laugh at them. 

 

Nichkhun stood up and wrapped his arms around me as he pulled me to stand up. “Okay, let’s get you all three to your rooms. This conversation is leading into a dangerous path.”

 

I giggled at Nichkhun. My arms wrapping to his neck, into a hug. “My big brother is so protective. Just like my little brother, Doongie.” Sighing, I tightened my hold on him. “I miss him.”

 

He wrapped his arms around me, gave me a squeeze before he pulled my body away from his. “You need to sleep and take your rest.”

 

Yawning again, I nodded twice at him.

 

“You guys, help your hyungs to their room and after that, head to your own and sleep.” Khun instructed to the maknaes. They groaned in protest but still did what was told.

 

After that, Khun helped me walk to DongHae’s room. He opened the door for me. I loosened my hold on Nichkhun’s waist and I ran to the bed, face first.

 

Sigh.

 

I titled my head so I could see Nichkhun standing at the doorway, grinning at me. “I really love this bed, you know?”

 

It’s true. I really love it. It’s big, comfy and really warm. I’ve always thought that guy’s bed would be gross. You know, smelly and all.

 

Chuckling, Khun went to the side of the bed. “Yeah, yeah. Can I tuck you in now or do you still want me to tell you a story or hum you a lullaby?”

 

“Nah, I’m good with just the tucking in.” I said, grinning at him. And he did, he tucked me in.

 

I sighed again. The warmth of the comforter was really satisfying since I’ve been out on the cold just recently. “Thanks, big bro.” My sleep-eyes smiling, just the same as my lips, at him.

 

“Anytime.” He smiles. Then, he glances at the side lamps.  “Side lamps?” Asking if I wanted them on.

 

I nodded twice. He opened both of them, each on both sides of the bed. After that, he went near the doorway and turned the light off. “Goodnight, Dara.”

 

“Night.” I clutched the comforter more around me as I closed my eyes. I heard the door closed and after a moment, I’m off to dreamland.

 



 

 

 

A/N: Big bro Khun is a really nice older brother, neh?  I really wish I had one like him. . . Anyway, so it’ll only be a Seunghyun vs DongHae rivalry for our heroine’s love, eh? Don’t forget to give me a comment! (: I love all of them!