Chapter 6

Stuck With Five Guys For Three Months

 

 

“Good Morning!” DongHae said loudly as he went out of his room, wearing white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. And at that moment, I was cooking breakfast for DongHae and Nichkun.

 

Top who was at the living room, irritably reacted,“Shut up, you noisy snorer! You’ve already occupied my bed and now my eardrums too.” 

 

After the pancake thing we had, he finished eating, placed his plate on the sink and headed to the living room without a word. I think he’s angry because I tortured his pancakes.  

 

Suddenly, I saw DongHae threw himself to the couch and into Top and strangled the guy using his arms. “I don’t snore, my grumpy friend.”

 

“Let go, snore snore!” Top teased with a deep laugh. Both of them were in a crazy wrestling match that made me chuckle. Guys are really fun, no drama but pure comedy and sometimes angst.

 

That’s where DongHae noticed that someone besides the two of them is out of their rooms. He stood away from Top and fixed his crumpled shirt and hair and faced me.

 

“Oh. . . Hi Dara-ssi, good morning.” He sheepishly smiled at me.

 

“Good morning, DongHae-ssi.” I greeted back as I went back to my cooking, feeling a bit ashamed that I was caught having fun watching their little wrestling game.

 

I felt him walk near the kitchen and heard Top’s mumbling ‘f**king love struck’.

 

DongHae, on the other hand, grabbed a glass and went to the fridge. ”Uh. . . I’m getting really uncomfortable with the ‘ssi’ so maybe we can just call each other by names and not add the formalities?” He filled his glass with water and then slowly drank it as he faced me.

 

“Well, sure. . .DongHae.” I said with a cringe. “It sounds kinda weird saying only the name but I’ll get used to it.”

 

He closed the fridge and placed his glass on the sink and washed it the plates and forks and knives that was already there. “You should do the same with the others. I bet they’ll be happy except from the grumpy one.” 

 

 

“Heard that, noisy snorer.” Top’s voice came. As DongHae finished his dishes, he dried his hands and faced the living room with his hands on his hips.

 

“Shut the hell up, grumps!” After that he smirked and launched himself at Top again and wrestled with him. As he heard me chuckle, he looked at me with a large smile and then continued wrestling with his grumpy friend.

 

I really envy guys. They could wrestle and punch their friends without offending them. And for girls like me, if you hit a girl, prepare for world war 3. But I still love being a girl though, you know, the make-ups, being cared, loved, protected by the guys, having nice skin, going to salons, having mani’s or pedi’s,  and other girly stuffs.

 

 

I turned my attention back to what I was doing, cooking breakfast. After some time, the wrestlers ended their game in the living room. I guess it was a draw.

 

DongHae went close to me, watching me cook for a while before asking. “Where are the young ones?”

 

I smiled, remembering a scene from Twilight where the vampires are called the cold ones. “Top-ssi said they were out grocery shopping.”

 

He frowned, like he was thinking deep and then his features softened. “Well, it’s time we have new supplies of food.”

 

Suddenly we heard a thump sound like someone fell to the floor and a sleepy voice cursed. Top, DongHae and I peeked at where the sounds came from and saw Nichkhun massaging his temples as he stood up.

 

“Dude, you alright?” DongHae asked, concerned for his friend.

 

Dude, you shouldn’t have asked.”  Top said sarcastically at DongHae. They both snickered at each other.

 

Nichkhun with his eyes shut, walked slowly to the couch and dropped himself at the solo reclining chair. “F**king hangover. Ugh! My head’s pounding like crazy. Dammit!”

 

Wow! How can cursing be such a beautiful words when such a beautiful man speaks of it?

 

“He curses a lot when he has his hangover.” DongHae informed beside me, misleading the frown on my forehead.

 

“It’s beautiful.”  How can cursing be beautiful? I don’t know. It just is.

 

 “What?” 

 

I turned my head to DongHae, who asked ‘what’ seconds ago. Giving him a small smile, “Oh, forget it.”

 

He was still frowning when I left his line of vision and went back to the stove where I almost forgot that I’m cooking. He might’ve thought I was some lunatic blurting out ‘beautiful’ at people cursing.

 

And oh by the way, I forgot to tell, Nichkhun was only wearing boxers shorts too just like Mr. Snob. Welcome to the boxers club! Ugh. What’s wrong with guys and their habit to sleep half-? That I will never understand since I’m a girl. Duh. But I must admit, Khun’s torso is really, as in really, nice.

 

Get over it, !

 

I shook my head, quite violently. I really need to get used to these guy things before my girly-girl attitude comes out and rants at them. I was the one who intrude their apartment so I should adapt these guy things.

 

From my peripheral vision, I saw DongHae get a glass of water and gave it to Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun drank it and then slumped back to the seat again. “I wanna f**king die.”

 

The boys on the living room just laughed as they watch their friend suffer with headache. I just shook my head with a smile. Crazy dudes.

 

A little more toss and turn, my bibimbap is cooked and ready to serve. I placed it into two big bowls, got two spoons, and placed it both to the dining table. After I organized all the stuff needed for a nice food experience, I announced, “Food’s ready!”

 

The two ‘just woke up’ fellas went to their sides of the table.

 

“Thanks for the food.” DongHae and Nichkhun chorused in different tones. The first was cheerful while the last was painful. I still appreciated both though.

 

“No problem.”  I just grinned and hope they’ll like it. I decided to take a seat since I don’t wanna go to living room with Top on it.

 

The two fellas started digging in and eating it with much gusto which made my heart flutter with happiness. It’s a really nice feeling when you cook for someone and they really liked it.

 

DongHae suddenly stopped from a mid-air spoonful of bibimbap. “I forgot to ask. Have you guys eaten already?” He asked, looking from me to Top and then back to me .

 

“Yeah. We ate already.” I answered. “So go on. Don’t mind me.”

 

I looked at Nichkhun who was every minute closing his eyes painfully shut. “Is the hangover so bad?” I asked, looking concerned. I knew I should’ve stopped him from drinking those beers last night.

 

He grabbed a fistful of his messy but nice hair. “Like , to the point that I want to cut my damn head off.”

 

I felt guilty. It was somehow and in some way my fault that he was having a hangover. “I’m sorry. I should’ve stopped you.”

 

With a small smile, he answered. “It’s not your fault so don’t apologize.”

 

I lowered my head and bit my lower lip, still feeling guilty.

 

I lifted my head as a question suddenly popped inside my head. “Who carried me to DongHae bed?” I asked, looking at DongHae. Well, I can’t look at Nichkhun since I know he was asleep with drunkenness and I also can’t look at Mr. Snob since I don’t have the guts to question him.

 

“Top did, since the maknaes and I were helping this drunk fella to his room.” He motioned Nichkhun through his eyes and then he frowned after he remembered something. “You guys were literally cuddling on the couch when we came.”

 

I looked dumbfounded as I face-palmed myself for two damn reasons, first, Top carried me to DongHae bed which screams more awkward tension for both of us, and lastly, I was cuddling Nichkhun last night! “Oh my gosh. I’m sorry, Khun.”

 

I heard Nichkhun chuckle. That chuckle again that me me look at him. “I repeat, Dara. You don’t have to apologize. We were both asleep at that time so no worries. ” He stared right through my eyes as to show how that cudding thing was no big deal.

 

I shifted on my seat, awkwardly before I cleared my throat. “So. . . uh. . . How’s my cooking?” I glanced at both the people I’m feeding.

 

“Excellent.”

 

“Heaven.”

 

Both simultaneously said with a grin on their lips. I grinned back at them. This is such an awesome feeling.

 

They both continued eating while I excused myself to the living room. I know I had to thank Top for carrying me to bed. I’m not making it a big deal but I just knew he deserve it. And also, I forgot to thank him for sharing his damn pancakes.

 

I sat on the reclining chair where Khun was at a while ago. As I briefly glanced at Top, his upper half of his body was on full view. God! He has really nice. . .

 

I shut my eyes, tight. Oh God, I did not just admire his body again.

 

“Uh. . . Top-ssi.” I awkwardly started, staring at his nice but scary eyes and his eyes only. I fought not to look at his chest so I’ll settle with his intimidating pair of eyes.

 

“Just call me Seunghyun.” He barely glanced at me as he was too focused with what he was watching.

 

“Okay, S-seunghyun…” His name trailed off from my tongue as I organized the words I’ll say in my head. “Thanks for last night and this morning.” I knew he was about to counter-attack what I’m saying so I immediately continued, “I know, you didn’t plan to do those but still, thank you.”

 

I held my eyes stuck on his for a moment, to show how sincere I was, before I awkwardly finished, “So yeah. . . Enjoy watching.” I stood up and nearly ran to DongHae’s bedroom.

 

God! I dropped myself on the bed; face first so I was lying on my stomach. I muffled a scream on the pillows and started trashing around the bed. 

 

 

I must’ve looked like an idiot in front of To—I mean Seunghyun. Why he was even named Top? Seunghyun’s so far from Top. Ugh! Whatever.

 

Suddenly my eyes shot on the wall clock. It was 6:45AM! My training starts at 7AM and Hyoyeon and I agreed to meet up, quarter to 7 outside our apartments so we could go to the shop together.

 

“F**k!” I hurried to my luggage and grabbed what I needed and headed to the bathroom.

 

I moved like my body was on fire. It took me about 10 minutes before I got out, dressed but my hair was dripping wet, at the same time draining my now white v-neck shirt.

 

“Sh*t!” I grabbed the towel that I saw at the bathroom rack, I guess it was DongHae’s, and wrapped it around my hair. My own towel was already wet since I’ve already used it to dry myself up so that won’t be of any use.

 

I went to my luggage and grabbed my make-up bag. I put some light make-up on, and then I removed the towel on my head, placed it on my side and started brushing my hair. I also grabbed my jacket and wore it.

 

Hyoyeon probably left by now. I told her if I wasn’t out for like 5 minutes after our set meet-up, she could go.

 

As I was done, I grabbed my brown messenger bag from my luggage, filled it with everything I need and went out of room.

 

“Hey guys, I gotta go! See you tonight!” I shouted as I went out fast to the apartment door but before I had closed the door, I heard them wish me luck.

 

 



 

 

 

“I’m really sorry.” I was now at the coffee shop’s changing room, wearing my uniform with Hyoyeon doing the same. Thankfully, our boss still wasn’t there so he didn’t know that I was late and I do hope he never will. I really need a job right now and I can’t let this opportunity slip away from me just because I was late.

 

“It’s alright. You might’ve been too busy at the apartment so I understand.” Hyoyeon wiggled her eyebrows meaningfully.

 

I scowled at her. “I was just cooking and I forgot the time.”

 

She rolled her eyes. “Oh, yes you are.” She left before I could respond to her. “I’ll be waiting ‘till you fall for anyone of them.” I heard her from the outside. I went out ready to argue my case. She hummed, her fingers tapping her chin. “I wonder who’ll be the lucky guy.”

 

All I wanted at that time was to strangle her ‘till she chokes but of course I didn’t do it. Instead, I glared at her like trying to kill her with it.

 

Through the entire day, training, I ignored her. She really should stop assuming that I would fall for anyone of them. I’m not in this country to be in a relationship and I’m not letting that happen.

 

Talking about my training, I like really badly. I can’t do anything right. Brew coffees, make espressos, blend coffees with skimmed milk and other stuffs to make frappuccinos. I can’t do it.

 

So at the end of the day, I knew I failed and I won’t get this job.

 

“Ms. Park. Can you spare me a minute?”

 

Oh there it is, I’m doomed. The boss will talk to me about how I’m not suitable to work at his coffee shop that he was sorry and he’ll hope that I’ll find other job that will suit me.

 

I silently groaned and nodded at him. We sat at some empty seat in silence.

 

He cleared his throat while I bit the insides of my cheek and nervously look at him.

 

“Well, you’ve been really diligent to learn how stuff works in here but. . . ” He sighed. Just say it already! “I think you can’t handle being a barista.”

 

I lowered my head, biting my lower lip in the process. There, he said it. I’m really embarrassed that I even tried this whole training being a barista. I never knew that it would be really such a difficult job. And it’s more embarrassing that the boss is talking about how I can’t handle the job. Right now, I want to be invincible or let the ground swallow me whole.

 

I need to escape so badly.

 

“But your efforts to learn made me consider to give you a job. A job not related to making coffees.”

 

I shot my eyes at him. I can’t believe it. He’s still gonna give me a job after I failed the first day of training. And what’s the job he’ll give me?

 

“You’ll just clean up the tables and give the customers their orders, will that be okay?”

 

I can’t help myself to smile widely. I have job! Oh my god, I have a job!

 

“Thank you so much, Mr. Lee. I can’t explain how much happy I am to accept that job you are offering.” I almost wanted to hug this middle-aged boss of mine. God, I can finally call him my boss!

 

He smiled back at me. His features showed his wrinkles as he did so. “I’m glad to have you here, Ms. Park. And I’m sure the baristas are also feeling the same to have a new member to our family.”

 

“I promise to work hard even more. I won’t let you down, Mr. Lee.” I promised.

 

He chuckled. “Oh, well then. You’ll start tomorrow. For now, you could go home and rest. It had been a long day for you.” He stood up and so did I.

 

“Thank you, sir. Have a good night.” I bowed half of my body to him as he left.  

 

I ran to the changing room where Hyoyeon was, preparing to leave. I threw myself at her, jumping up and down as I twirled us both. “Oh my god, Kim Hyoyeon! I got a job! You hear me, I GOT A JOB!”

 

She held my arms. “Yeah yeah! I hear you! Now stop! You’re making me dizzy.”

 

I stopped and pulled myself away from her. My face with a stupid grin that I can’t wipe off. I’m really just happy. It was the first time I got a job. This is my first job and I’m really, really, happy.

 

She frowned, a sly grin on her lips. “I can’t believe this coffee shop will have a sloppy barista.”

 

“Hey!” I hit her arm playfully. She grabbed her arm and mouthed an ‘ow’. “It’s not a barista job. I got a job to maintain the tables' cleanliness and I’ll be the one to serve the coffees to the customers.”

 

“I was just kidding, Dara. And I’m really happy that you got a job here in the coffee shop. I’m really tired of all the old faces I’ve been seeing every day.” She wrapped her arms on my shoulder, squeezed me once before she pulled away. “I kind of got worried that you won’t get a job here since you know what happened with your training. But right now, I’m just really happy for you.”

 

“Thanks, Hyo.”  At that moment, I felt like I earned myself a sister. “Let’s go?”

 

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. “Uh  . . . I can’t go home with you, Dara, I’m sorry.”

 

“Why?”

 

She blushed. It really was the first time I saw her react like that. I think I just knew why.

 

“You got yourself a date.” I said, and I was right as she blushed more—if that was even possible.

 

She held both of my hands and squeezed it. “I’m sorry. I have plans with my boyfriend tonight and I’m really sorry you have to go home alone.”

 

I sighed. I’m going home alone. Gonna walk to the apartment building alone in this cold night. What a lonely night.

 

“It’s fine, Hyo. I understand.” I squeezed her hands as I looked at her, showing that I was okay. Well, I was pretending to be okay. “Have fun tonight. Don’t worry about me. It’s really okay.”

 

She pulled me into a hug. “Thank you for understanding.” She pulled away and gave me a small smile. “I gotta go. He’s waiting outside. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” She kissed my cheek and went out.

 

I’m all alone! I really wanna cry right now.

 

I removed my uniform and wore the clothes I had worn this morning, I got my bag and went out the changing room. Bowing my head to all the employees before I completely went out of the shop.

 

I shivered slightly as the cold wind greeted me.

 

“Perfect, just perfect.” I sarcastically mumbled as I clutched my jacket more to myself.

 

Just as I started walking, someone held my wrist, stopping me. I was in a really bad mood that I was ready to slap my bag to whoever was holding me.

 

I turned and was about to do just that when I saw that it was DongHae.

 

“Are you gonna hit me with that bag?” He was grinning as he takes a look at my mid-air action to hit him. I lowered it and sling it to one of my shoulders.

 

 “I thought you were some pyscho.” I said.

 

He chuckled, then he let go of my wrist. “I came here to accompany you home.”

 

I can’t help my cheeks as it turned into a shade of red as he mentioned ‘home’.

 

“Did Hyoyeon talk you to do this?”

 

He was taken aback for a moment before he frowned and pouted at me. “Do you think I was forced to be here? What kind of guy do you think I am?”

 

I laughed at his little rant. “I’m kidding.” I held his arm. “I’m really thankful you came.”

 

“Really?” His eyes lit up as he grinned at me.

 

I removed my hold at his arm and nodded twice. “If you didn’t come, I’ll be walking alone to the apartment, feeling lonely.”

 

He smiled warmly at me. “I also came here to give you something.” Then that’s where I noticed he was holding a knitted beanie. It was color red, my favorite.

 

Without asking for any response from me, he slipped it into my head. I felt the warmth it caused. I almost moaned in satisfaction.

 

“I saw this while I was wandering around this morning. It reminded me of you and also to the fact that I noticed you didn’t have winter clothes that much so I bought it.”  His hands were in both sides of my head as he arranged the beanie perfectly. I just blinked at his really sweet action.

 

Then I noticed how our faces were so close for my comfort and also for his. We both leaned away and awkwardly chuckled.

 

“Thanks. It’s really nice and sweet of you.” I finally spoke, looking at him as he bit his lower lip. “It’s really warm, just like how I needed it to be.” I touched the knitted beanie that was warming my head up.

 

He placed his hand on the back of his neck as he rubbed it, completely feeling shy about our situation.

 

I chuckled at his cuteness. “Let’s go home?”

 

He looked at me with an expression of shock and then his feature relaxed after. “Yeah.” He breathed and then I saw his warm smile. ”Yeah, let’s go home.”

  

 



 

 

 

AN: Oh my gosh, the longest chapter so far. Hope my dear readers would still enjoy it though! Shoutout to all the DARAHAE fans! Hope you’ll like this! :D