Dinner

Rella! (A SiChul Romance)

 

 

        “Are you just going to make the Prince wait all night?” Leeteuk asked as he placed the silverware on the table. “I could cover for you long enough for you to say goodbye?”

    “I can’t risk leaving,” Heechul answered, carefully placing the wine glasses next to each plate. “If Father found out I left during the party, he’d be furious. I can’t stand another punishment this week, Teukie.”

    “I can go meet him instead?”

    “I’ll think about it,” Heechul replied as voices filled the house, along with the sound of approaching footsteps. “That’s the guests. We should retrieve the wine and the appetizers.”

     “Are you sure you don’t want to try and sneak away,” Leeteuk continued to press as they moved back into the kitchen. “You could…,”

    “Teukie, don’t tempt me.” Heechul whined, “If I see him again, I may never want to come home.”

    “So, you really are in love.” Leeteuk teased, picking up the wine bottle.

    “I am not,” Heechul denied, “I’m merely intrigued. He’s charming, I guess..,”

     “Too bad he’s looking for a wife, not a servant.”

     “That was mean, Teukie.” Heechul snapped, picking up a silver tray filled with sandwiches. “I know I have no chance with him. You don’t have to call me a slave to make me realize that.”

     “You’re not a slave, Heechul.” Leeteuk reminded as he stepped from the room, “Noble blood runs through your veins.”

     “I don’t feel any more special than other men,” Heechul mumbled to himself, “Blood doesn’t color a person’s worth. I am worth only what use I have to others, it seems.”

    Shuffling from the kitchen, Heechul’s heart ached at the thought of the Prince waiting for him by the hay field. If he could, he’d run from the manor at this very moment and transform into a bird. He’d fly over the fields, observing the land below, before landing on Siwon’s shoulder and never letting go.

    “I wish I was a bird,” Heechul whispered, “I wish I had wings. I wish…,”

     Heechul’s words trailed off as he stepped into the dining room and was suddenly blocked by Leeteuk.

    “Don’t go in there,” Leeteuk whispered, frantically. “Turn around and go back to the kitchen.”

    “Why?”

    “Because…,”

    “Leeteuk, move aside so Heechul can serve the appetizer.” Soo-Man ordered, “It’s rude to keep our guests waiting.”

    “I can serve them, My Lord.” Leeteuk offered, trying to take the tray from Heechul.

    “You haven’t finished pouring the wine. Heechul can serve the food.” Soo-Man denied, “Do not make me scold you in front of company.”

    “I’ll be fine, Teukie.” Heechul whispered, taking a step around Leeteuk and observing the dining table.

    Soo-Man was seated at the head of the table. Next to him was an older woman in a heavy red gown. She had a jeweled crown nestled in her hair. Jessica was sitting next to her wearing her finest golden gown. There was a flirtatious smile on Jessica’s face as she spoke with a man seated across the table from her next to Tiffany. The man had his back to Heechul.

    “Heechul, this is the Queen. Please, bow to her.” Soo-Man ordered, “And, this is…,”

     Heechul bowed low as he began to place his tray on the table. Just before he was able to secure the tray, the man at the table turned to face him.

    “This is Prince Siwon,” Soo-Man finished, causing a shriek to leave Heechul’s lips and his tray to go flying into the air.

     Sandwiches rained down upon the table and the silver tray hit the floor with a loud clang. Heechul his heels and sprinted from the room, his heart pounding in his chest as he did so. Retreating into the kitchen, Heechul hid behind the counter with his face covered with his hands.

    “Did he see me?” Heechul panicked, “Why is he in my house?!”

    “What is wrong with you!?” Soo-Man’s voice thundered into the kitchen. “You just dumped food onto royalty!”

     “I’m sorry, Father.” Heechul apologized from his position huddled on the floor. “I’m not feeling well, and I got dizzy when I bowed to the Queen. I didn’t mean to spill my tray.”

     “If you’re sick. I do not want you around the food.” Soo-Man ordered, “I will apologize for your behavior. You can wait for me in my bedroom. I will deal with you after dinner.”

    “Please, I can’t be punished again.” Heechul begged, “I don’t feel well. I…,”

    “Do as you’re told, or I will sell you. Don’t tempt me.”

    “Yes, Father.” Heechul whispered, tears forming in his eyes as Soo-Man left the room.

    Back in the dining room, Prince Choi Siwon was having a terrible time. He’d hoped to see Heemi, but it seemed Lord Lee was keeping her away from the party. Instead, he was trapped in a room with two manipulative fools, and an arrogant Lord. His mother seemed to be enjoying herself, a fact Siwon was grateful for, but her happiness wasn’t worth the misery he was currently in.

    “Dinner was nice, but I must be going.” Siwon declared, standing from the table as desert was being served. “Thank-you for your hospitality, Lord Lee.”

    “You can’t leave now, Sire.” Lady Jessica whined, “We haven’t had after dinner drinks yet.”

    “I’m not feeling well,” Siwon excused, “I need some fresh air. Is it alright if I borrow one of your horses, Lord Lee? I will return it in the morning.”

    “Of course,” Soo-Man agreed, “Tiffany, why don’t you show him to the stables.”

    “I can find them on my own,” Siwon denied, instead turning to Leeteuk. “Can you show me the way?”

    “Of course, Sire.” Leeteuk answered with a bow. “Follow me.”

    “May I ask you a question, Servant?” Siwon whispered, once they were out of the room and headed for the front door.

    “Yes, Sire.”

    “Is Lady Heemi at home?” Siwon asked, “I must see her.”

    “The Master won’t like it,” Leeteuk informed, “I…,”

    “Please, I must see her tonight. I beg of you…,”

   “Leeteuk,”

   “Leeteuk, please tell her I’m here?” Siwon begged, “Please?”

   “The stables are out the back door and down the path on the right. Wait there, and I will send Lady Heemi to you.” Leeteuk promised, “I know that she wants to see you tonight as well, Sire.”

    After seeing that the Prince was headed in the correct direction, Leeteuk snuck upstairs and slipped into Lord Lee’s bedroom. Inside, he found Heechul sitting quietly in the Master of the house’s large four post bed. He was beneath the covers and his head was bowed in obedience, his long black hair hanging over his face and his shaking as he sobbed quietly. Heebum was sitting comfortably in Heechul’s lap, purring in a small attempt to comfort his master.

    Leeteuk approached the bed and gently placed his hand on his friend’s bare shoulder, causing the younger to flinch.

    “Heechul,” Leeteuk whispered, the sound of his voice calming. “Get up and go get dressed. Prince Siwon is waiting for you in the stables. I told him Lady Heemi would meet him there.”

    “But, I can’t go.” Heechul denied, looking up through a curtain of black hair. “Father will be angry if I’m not waiting here for him.”

    “They just began desert. It will be at least an hour before Lord Lee retires to his room.” Leeteuk informed, “If you hurry, you can meet the Prince and be back here before he notices. You should at least tell Siwon goodbye. I could tell by the look in his eyes tonight when he mentioned you, that he likes Lady Heemi very much. End this before one of you ends up hurt.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Day 5..., still sick :(

Anyway, that means I might post another chapter today since this one is kind of short. Let me know if you rather I spread it out and post the next chapter tomorrow, or if you want it tonight?

COMMENTS = LOVE!!