Picnic

Rella! (A SiChul Romance)

 

 

    The spot Heechul had chosen for his picnic with the prince was miles away from the manor. He feared what would happen if anyone were to see him dressed as he was and dining with the crown prince himself. Though Siwon did not see him as a man, those who knew him would have no problem recognizing him, or at least, he fear they wouldn’t.

    The trees around them were tall and filled with broad green foliage. Morning light filtered down through the leaves, dancing across the moss covered ground and illuminating the soft purple petals of the clover that dotted the forest floor. A white blanket was spread atop a soft patch of moss. Heechul sat upon the blanket in his mother’s baby blue dress. His slippers were sitting in the clover next to the blanket and his bare feet peaked from under the hem of his dress as he dug through the picnic basket.

     Prince Choi Siwon stood a few feet away leaning against a tall tree. His eyes were cast upwards as he observed the sun dancing through the foliage. Heechul smiled as he watched the Prince marvel at the beauty of the forest. It was obvious that the royal rarely ventured out of the palace on his own. He looked like a child observing trees for the first time, his eyes wide and mouth hanging slightly open. Heechul smiled as he unpacked the picnic, the Prince’s childlike innocence warming his heart.

    “Breakfast is ready, Sire.”

    “It smells wonderful,” Siwon stated, moving his gaze from the sky and onto Heechul, a different type of smile forming on his face as he did so. “What did you make, My Lady?”

     “Fresh bread with a sweet glaze and newly churned butter, fried eggs, sugar cured ham, and a small selection of fruit.” Heechul detailed, pointing to each item. “I also took time to squeeze fresh orange juice and collected milk from the cows…,”

    “You milked a cow?” Siwon asked, shock present on his face as he took a seat on the blanket. “A noble woman who cooks and milks her own cows. Are you even real, My Lady?”

    “Please, just call me Heemi, Sire?” Heechul requested, picking up a glass of juice and handing it to Siwon. “I’m not one for titles.”

    “And, you reject your own title…,” Siwon observed, shaking his head. “Most Ladies I know take pride in being called a Lady.”

    “I take pride in my abilities and my mind. Taking pride in a title you have not earned is senseless.”

     “When you put it that way, I agree with you.”

    “You agree with me, Sire? I would think a prince would worship titles.” Heechul stated as he placed food on Siwon’s plate.

    “Please, call me Siwon. When I’m with you, I’m not a prince. I’m simply a man.” Siwon instructed, “And, you’re just a woman.”

    “You speak as if we’re going to see one another again.” Heechul observed, “Remember, this is just my payment for freeing my servant.”

    “If it was just a payment, you wouldn’t have put so much effort in preparing the food.” Siwon pointed out, “I think you’re trying to seduce me, Heemi.”

     “I am not!” Heechul squeaked, dropping the pitcher of milk he was holding and causing a flood of fresh cream to wash across the blanket. “Sorry!”

     Siwon sprang from his seat, his lap now covered in milk and the juice he was holding flying in the air to soak his shirt. Heechul stood up and stared at Siwon with a look of horror on his face. He’d just dumped milk on the Crown Prince. After the dirt clods the previous morning, he was two for two.

    “I’m so sorry, Sire. You just surprised me with what you said.” Heechul panicked, bending down and digging through the picnic basket for a napkin and finding none. “I forget to pack napkins.”

     “It’s alright,” Siwon reassured, “I just need to dry out.”

     “That juice will stain if we don’t wash it soon,” Heechul rambled, reaching out and taking Siwon’s hand. “Follow me.”

    “Where are we going? What about breakfast?” Siwon stammered as Heechul pulled him through the trees. “My Lady?”

     “There’s a lake on the other side of the meadow,” Heechul explained, “We can wash your clothes there.”

    “It’s fine. Heemi…,”

    “No, it’s not fine.” Heechul argued, breeching the trees and making his way through the tall grass towards the lake shore. “I have soiled you, and I have to fix it.”

    Siwon laughed as let Heemi drag him towards the lake. He found her determination cute and the entire situation endearing. He’d never met a woman like Lady Heemi. She was the opposite of everything he’d grown up around, and that was exciting.

    “Take off your clothes,” Heechul ordered once they reached the lake’s rocky shore.

    “My Lady!” Siwon squeaked in surprise. “I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to undress in front of you.”

    “I’ve seen men in their undergarments before, Sire.” Heechul assured, “It won’t be a shock to see one more. Now, take your pants off.”

    “I don’t think…,” Siwon stammered as Heechul reached for his pants. “Fine! But, turn around.”

     “Just hurry before the stains set in,” Heechul instructed, turning his back on the prince.

    Heechul found the Prince’s embarrassment cute. Seeing a man in his underwear was nothing to him, for he was also a man. Though, Heechul could honestly say he hadn’t seen many men in a state of undress, or women for that matter. He had yet to understand his own uality, for he had little experience in the area. The only physical contact he’d ever had was with his stepfather, a fact that made his feel worthless inside. He felt like an object to be used most days of his life, for that was how those around him saw him. Siwon looked at him differently. He looked at him as if he were a real person.

     “You may turn around, My Lady.” Siwon spoke, “My clothes are on the shore.”

    Turning around, Heechul laughed as he spotted the Prince hiding in the water instead of standing on the shore.

    “Your modesty is endearing, Sire.” Heechul called out as he picked up Siwon’s clothing and knelt to dip it in the water. “I am not as innocent as you think.”

    “Have you had many lovers, My Lady?” Siwon boldly asked, “I’m sorry, that was inappropriate to ask a Lady.”

     “Remember, here I am not a Lady.” Heechul reminded, “And, no I haven’t had many lovers, Siwon.”

     “How many is not many?”

    “None,” Heechul answered truthfully, not wishing to count the abuses of his stepfather as acts of love. “I have not had a single suitor before.”

    “It’s hard to believe a woman of your age and beauty has not had any men call on her before. May I ask how old you are, Heemi?”

    “Thirty-two,” Heechul informed with a shrug as he washed the milk from Siwon’s pants. “I just never had time to court anyone. I spend most of my time alone on the estate. I’m only aloud in town for shopping trips and..,”

    “I can tell you’re being honest with me,” Siwon interrupted, “That’s a refreshing thing in a woman.”

    “Have you been around many liars, Sire?”

    “My father has put out word in the kingdom that I am to marry by the end of the year,” Siwon detailed as he floated just off shore. “He says I have until the end of the month to choose a wife, or he and mother will choose for me.”

    “That’s a scary ultimatum. I wouldn’t want my parents choosing my wife.”

    “Wife?” Siwon repeated with a chuckle, “You mean, husband?”

    “Husband,” Heechul agreed as he removed Siwon’s clothing from the water and draped it over a rock to dry.

     “Every time I speak with a noble lady, she has this look in her eye as if she’s trying to eat me.” Siwon continued his story, “They’re chasing after me like I’m some sort of prize, and every word they say is tainted with lies and hidden agendas. You’re different than the others, Heemi.”

    “How so?”

    “You look at me like I’m a person, not a prince.”

    “We’re all people, Sire.” Heechul stated, “I do not wish to win you as a prize. Don’t worry, I’m not looking for a husband.”

     “Why not?”

    “What do I need a husband for?” Heechul asked, “I would never be allowed to leave my estate to marry. I have no money to provide for a wife, or children. I have no use for marriage…,”

    “You said wife again,” Siwon corrected, “Is there something I’m missing?”

    “I misspoke,” Heechul excused, the sun feeling hot against his skin as he watched the Prince soaking in the cool lake. “May I join you in there, Sire?”

    “Are you sure it’s appropriate for you…,” Siwon began, his words trailing off as Heechul began taking off his dress.

    Siwon swirled around in the water and turned his back like a polite gentleman. Heechul shrugged out of his mother’s heavy gown and placed it neatly on the shore. Beneath the dress he was clothed head to toe in lady’s undergarments, complete with bloomers, and a full slip. He was just as hidden in his underwear as he was in the dress.

   “You’re cute, Sire.” Heechul teased as he dove into the water next to the Prince, causing a large splash that soaked the royal.

    “I am not cute,” Siwon complained, wiping water from his eyes as Heechul swam in front of him and splashed more water into his face.

    “You’re adorable,” Heechul countered, “You like to play tough, but inside you’re soft and sweet, like a small child.”

    “How can you know all that from only spending half a day with me, My Lady?” Siwon inquired, splashing some water in Heechul’s direction and causing him to shriek. “I’m tougher than I look.”

     “You pretend to be a stern ruler with a snobbish air, but I see through that, Sire.” Heechul replied, “I can see the boy hiding inside you. He wants to get out so badly. Won’t you let him play?”

    “I wish I could, but Father would disapprove. You should know about stern fathers, My Lady. Lord Lee isn’t the kindest of men.”

    “He’s not my father,” Heechul countered, “Though, he is the man who technically raised me. My real father died when I was two. Mother remarried a few years after. When I was ten, she died too.”

    “Growing up without a mother must have been hard. Did your sisters help you?”

     “They hate me, Sire. Lord Lee hates me as well. The Lee estate is not a friendly place for a Kim.” Heechul explained, “I have no real family, nor many friends. I’ve learned to survive alone. Most days, I prefer it.”

     “That’s kind of sad,” Siwon observed, “I may not have many real friends, but I can say that my parents and my sister love me. Even with father’s stern rules, I know he only wants the best for me.”

    “I envy you, Sire.” Heechul provided as Siwon floated closer to him. “You have everything I wish I had.”

     “What’s that, My Lady?”

     “A real family,” Heechul whispered as Siwon placed his hand under his chin and guided him to look at his face. “People that love you…,”

     “And, you My Lady, have something I wish I had.” Siwon began, allowing himself to float closer, so that their bodies almost touched beneath the water.

    “I have nothing to be envious of, Sire.”

    “You have freedom,” Siwon whispered, “And bravery.”

    “I’m not brave…,” Heechul began, but his words trailed off as his eyes locked with Siwon’s.

    The look in Siwon’s eyes was something Heechul had never seen before. There were emotions behind the Prince’s gaze that he’d never experienced himself. No man or woman had ever looked at him the way Siwon was looking at him now. Before Heechul could react to the gaze, Siwon was leaning forwards and their lips were pressed together.

   Heechul stiffened in the water, not sure how to react to being kissed. Siwon’s moved his hand from beneath Heechul’s chin to the back of his neck. He pressed against the back of Heechul’s neck and urged the kiss to deepen. Heechul reacted to the press of his hand, by parting his lips and slowly engaging in the kiss. His heart was suddenly hammering in his chest and he could feel his skin begin to flush. Siwon’s lips felt good against his own, the kiss making him tingle all over.

    “Heechul!” a voice in the distance caused the moment to shatter and the kiss to end.

    Heechul jerked away from Siwon and spun around in the water. On the opposite shore he could see Leeteuk looking for him, probably sent by Soo-Man to find him after he missed breakfast.

    “I’m sorry, Sire.” Heechul apologized as he began swimming for the shore. “I lost track of time. I need to go now.”

    “Was I too forwards?” Siwon asked, “I’m sorry…, I just…,”

     “It’s not you, Sire.” Heechul assured as he climbed out of the water and reached for his dress. “I must be going. There are chores I have to tend to.”

    “Chores?” Siwon repeated in confusion. “Are you sure I didn’t offend you, My Lady?”

    “The kiss was nice,” Heechul stammered, touching his lips as he gathered his dress in his arms. “I liked it very much, Sire.”

    “Then, would it be alright to call on you again, My Lady?”

    “No,” Heechul denied, “We shouldn’t see one another again. I can’t…,”

     “Because of your stepfather..,”

    “Yes, but..,”

    “Then, I must be careful to avoid him when I come calling.” Siwon interrupted, “I plan on lingering by your hay field tomorrow afternoon. I would like it very much if you were there to meet me.”

    “I can’t…,”

    “Or, I will be forced to ask Lord Lee to find you for me.” Siwon threatened, a smile on his face as he did so.

     “Fine, I’ll see you tomorrow afternoon.” Heechul agreed, dashing off towards the forest to collect his picnic.

     “I look forward to it, My Lady,”

    “I’m not a Lady!” Heechul called back, the truth of his words lost on the Prince.

     “I apologize,” Siwon called back, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Heemi!”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm still sick, so I spent the day in bed writing.

COMMENTS= LOVE!!