Lies

Rella! (A SiChul Romance)

 

    The ruby necklace hanging about Heechul’s neck sparkled in the sun as he strolled across the back lawn of the manor, Heebum bouncing happily in the grass behind him. While his mind was filled with fear and doubt due to the situation he’d found himself in, his heart was full of a warmth he’d never experienced before. A soft smile formed on Heechul’s lips as he hummed a soft tune. It wasn’t hard for him to admit, that he was truly in love with his handsome prince.

     “How dare you!” Jessica’s shrill voice shrieked from the manor, causing Heechul to stop dead in his tracks.

     “You look ridiculous!” Tiffany’s voice followed, “How could anyone think you’re a Lady?”

     Heechul watched in horror as Lord Lee and his daughters exited the house with Leeteuk scampering behind them in protest. The look on Soo-Man’s face was one of pure rage. Heechul had never seen his stepfather so angry.

     “You’re a !” Soo-Man shouted, stopping in front of Heechul and bringing his hand across the younger male’s face in a harsh slap. “Seducing the Prince while pretending to be your own mother!”

    “How?” Heechul stammered, holding his stinging cheek. “How did you…,”

    “The Queen sent an invitation to Lady Heemi,” Jessica provided, holding up an envelope. “She said Prince Siwon had chosen our stepsister as his fiancé!”

    “You were with the Prince last night, weren’t you?” Tiffany screamed, shoving Heechul backwards. “You’ve been around with him, haven’t you? Does he know you’re a man under that skirt?”

    “It was a misunderstanding,” Heechul answered, “He doesn’t know. He thinks I’m a woman.”

     “Then, you won’t mind missing the ball.” Lord Soo-Man declared, “It’s not as if you actually have a chance with him. You’re a slave, and he’s a Prince.”

    “I am not a slave!” Heechul shouted, a sudden streak of bravery hitting him. “I’m a noble. This estate should belong to me! You’re a parasite that I should have stood up to years ago!”

   “You cannot speak to your father that way.”

    “You’re not my father!” Heechul screamed, shoving Soo-Man backwards. “And, this isn’t your land. It belonged to Lord Kim, my real Father. It was passed to my mother, and now it’s mine! I will not let you abuse me one more second!”

    “To the world, you’re nothing but a slave. No one will believe you’re nobility. Why would a noble work as a slave for over twenty years of his life? Why would a noble let another nobleman use him like a ?” Soo-Man seethed, “You’re not worth more than the dirt under my feet, Kim Heechul.”

     “I was a child when Mother died. You owned me!” Heechul provided, “I grew up fearing you. But, I realize I was wrong. You have no power over me anymore!”

    “I have more power than you think,” Soo-Man countered as something heavy impacted the back of Heechul’s head and he fell forwards onto the grass. “I told the Queen’s messenger that Lady Heemi was already married. I told her that my stepdaughter was a pathological liar and I have sent her back to her husband.”

    Heechul lay on the grass, his vision being eaten away as he observed Jessica standing over him holding a shovel from the garden. His body felt light and his head felt heavy as the world around him went dark.

    Meanwhile, Prince Choi Siwon moved about his bed chambers inside the royal palace with a giddy smile on his face. He was full of joy at the thought that by the end of the night, he’d be engaged to Lady Heemi. Yes, they’d only known one another a short time, but he felt more for her than he did for any Lady he’d known.

    His mother had been ecstatic when he’d told her he’d chosen a bride. She was scurrying about the palace preparing for her future daughter-in-law’s arrival. The ball was to commence in less than an hour, and the Queen was just as excited for the event as her son.

     “I feel like I’m floating, Kyuhyun.” Siwon chirped as the royal dresser fitted him into his white coat for the ball. “You saw her this afternoon. Isn’t she beautiful?”

    “Lady Heemi is very beautiful,” Kyuhyun agreed, his expression forlorn as he did so. “But, I have news from the royal messenger that you will not like.”

    “Can it wait? I want tonight to be happy for everyone.”

    “No, it cannot wait, Sire.” Kyuhyun denied, “You should know what the messenger found out when he went to deliver Lady Heemi’s invitation.”

     “You sound serious, Kyuhyun. What has happened?”

    “Lord Lee met the messenger at the door. When he found out the invitation was for Lady Heemi, he informed the messenger that the Lady would not be coming.”

    “I do not care what Lord Lee said,” Siwon dismissed, “Send an to retrieve her. He cannot argue with a royal degree.”

    “She’s already married, Sire.” Kyuhyun informed, “I’m sorry.”

    “Married?” Siwon repeated, shock evident on his face. “I don’t believe you.”

     “Lady Kim has been married for five years. She has a child.” Kyuhyun relayed the message he’d been given. “Her husband is a farmer from one of the smaller provinces. She had to marry him after becoming pregnant.”

     “She’s married,” Siwon stammered, remembering Heemi’s letter and the secret she’d alluded to. “Kyuhyun, what am I going to do?”

     “Your mother was informed and she’s sent word to Lord Lee of her choice for your bride.”

     “Who has she chosen?”

    “Lady Tiffany, Sire.” Kyuhyun provided, “At least she’s not as vile as Lady Jessica.”

    “Heemi was trying to tell me something today, but I wouldn’t listen.” Siwon lamented, “How could I have been so blind? I trusted her…,”

     “I think her feelings for you may have been genuine, Sire. She’s in a tough situation, but if she’s already married…,”

     “I know,” Siwon half sobbed as he dismissed the royal dresser and took a seat on the bed. “I love her, Kyuhyun. She’s different from the other noble ladies. I…,”

     “I’m sorry, Sire.”

     “I guess, my new wife if Lady Tiffany.” Siwon lamented, “Maybe in time, I can grow to love her?”

    “I hope so, Sire.” Kyuhyun stated, stepping forwards and placing his hand on Siwon’s shoulder. “She’s very pretty.”

    “Outer beauty fades, Kyu. Inner beauty is what matters.” Siwon declared, “Lady Heemi was beautiful, inside and out.”

     As the sun set and the ball commenced within the royal gardens, Heechul sat imprisoned far from the man he’d fallen in love with. He’d awoke hours after being knocked unconscious by Jessica to find himself lying in Soo-Man’s bed with the door locked and barred. Tears streamed down Heechul’s face as he watched the sun set outside the window. Siwon was probably choosing his future bride right now.

    “Heechul!” Leeteuk’s voice called through the door. “I’m getting you out of there.”

     “It’s alright, Teukie. Don’t get yourself in trouble because of me.”

     “I will not sit by and watch Tiffany steal your prince!” Leeteuk declared, “I haven’t seen you smile this much ever. I won’t let them take your happiness.”

    “What happiness?” Heechul lamented as Leeteuk worked on picking the lock. “He won’t want me after he finds out what I am. It’s all lies.”

    “Don’t talk like that. If he loves you…,” Leeteuk’s words trailed off as a new voice sounded in the hallway. “Who are you?”

    “I’m Lord Kyuhyun,” the voice answered, “I came here to retrieve the Prince’s fiancé. Prince Siwon was devastated when he learned Lady Heemi was married, but I had suspicions on the source of the information. Lord Lee is a known liar.”

    “No, she’s not married.” Leeteuk assured, “Lord Lee has her locked in his room. I can’t get her out.”

   “Move out of the way. I’ll kick the door down.”

    Heechul held his breath as Lord Kyuhyun began his assault on the door. Each bang sent a shock through him that had him both wishing Kyuhyun would succeed, and that he’d leave. What would he think when he found the Prince’s fiancé sitting in another man’s bed? What would he think when he saw Lady Heemi was a man?

    A shriek left Heechul’s lips as the door fell in and a man wearing fine clothing stormed inside. He was fairly tall with refined features and dark brown hair. Everything about him defined his station as a noble, from the tailoring of his blue costume, to the elegant way he walked towards the bed.

    “Lady Heemi?” Kyuhyun questioned, his eyes scanning Heechul’s very masculine body where it was exposed above the sheets. “I don’t understand.”

     “I may not be married, My Lord, but I have still concealed a secret from his majesty.” Heechul began, hanging his head in shame. “I’m male, My Lord. Prince Siwon does not know.”

     “Why were you dressed as a woman? When I saw you by the lake, you looked so different. I couldn’t tell…,”

     “It was a misunderstanding,” Heechul tried to explain. “I dressed as a noble lady to go into town and bail out my friend. If I came as a servant, no one would have listened.”

    “Whose clothes were you wearing? Lady Jessica’s?”

    “I was wearing my Mother’s dresses,” Heechul detailed, “She died when I was a child and Lord Lee raised me afterwards. He really is my stepfather, My Lord. Only, I work as a slave in his household. I do not live as his son.”

     “You’re a slave?” Kyuhyun repeated, taking a step back. “The law indicates that the Prince must marry a member of the nobility in order to become king. It does not indicate what gender that person has to be. The problem isn’t that you’re male, but a servant.”

     “He’s not a slave!” Leeteuk interrupted, “Heechul’s father was Lord Kim, who used to own this estate. His mother’s name was Lady Heemi. She married Lord Lee after Lord Kim died. When Lady Heemi died a few years later, Lord Lee moved Heechul into the attic and started making him work as a servant. He knew Heechul was entitled to this estate when he came of age, so he tried to hide his existence.”

     “How do I know what you say is the truth?”

    “There’s papers of nobility hidden under the floorboards in the attic,” Leeteuk informed, “I put them there when I was a child. I was afraid Lord Lee would burn them. Heechul’s not a servant, he’s a Lord.”

     “Lord Kim Heechul,” Kyuhyun greeted the man seated in front of him, “I think you have a ball to attend.”

    “But, Siwon will never accept me like this.” Heechul stammered, gesturing to his bare chest. “He thinks I’m a Lady.”

    “I suggest you dress as Lady Heemi and come with me to the palace,” Kyuhyun advised, “We can speak with Siwon and explain. I do not know how he’ll react. I can’t promise that he’ll accept you, but I can tell you that I saw love in his gaze when he said your name. If he truly loves you, My Lord, then he won’t care what’s under your skirt.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A bit better today health wise, but have been hit with some crippling anxiety and depression..., so guess who's still in bed..., :(

COMMENTS = LOVE!!!