Proposal

Rella! (A SiChul Romance)

 

 

     Heechul had never slept under such luxurious sheets in his entire life. He was surrounded by golden silk covers and fluffy feather pillows. The bed he was lying in was enormous, four times the size of his meager wooden bed in the attic. The room smelled of fresh flowers and there were beams of sunlight appearing from behind sheer white curtains.

    Sitting up in bed, Heechul stretched his arms over his head and yawned loudly. Despite the drama he’d been through last night, he’d slept quite well. He had been given a set of expensive red silk pajamas to wear to bed, be had opted to only dress himself in the long sleeve button up top. The pajamas were a bit too big for his thin frame and the top hung just passed his thighs.

    Throwing back the covers, Heechul hobbled across the cold stone floor towards the window. His whole body ached from the abuses it had suffered over the past weeks. He had bruises on his legs and back from the beating Soo-Man had given him with the rolling pin. His wrists ached from being pinned against a stone wall by Lord HanGeng, and his body protested with every step from the abuses he’d suffered at his stepfather’s hand his entire adult life.

    Pealing back the curtains, Heechul leaned against the windowsill and peered down on the green garden below. The sunlight felt warm against his bare skin as he observed the beautiful flowers dotting the lawn and the large fountain in the center gushing blue water. Several royal gardeners were dotted about the yard tending to the plants and there were three large white dogs playing happily in the bright green grass.

   “Did you sleep well?” Leeteuk’s familiar voice spoke, pulling Heechul away from the window. “I brought breakfast.”

    Leeteuk stepped inside the room pushing a golden cart filled with food. He was wearing a crisp blue servant’s uniform and there was a bright smile on his face.

    “The kitchen sent enough for both of us. That is, if you don’t mind dinning with a servant, you’re Majesty?” Leeteuk teased, receiving a frown from Heechul.

    “I’m not royalty, Teukie.” Heechul corrected, stepping away from the window and helping Leeteuk position the tray near a small table in the corner. “Also, I’m as mush a servant as you are. We have been tending the fields together for the past twenty years.”

     “You’ve always been better than me, Chul.” Leeteuk argued, taking a seat at the table and reaching for a glass of juice. “There’s noble blood in your veins, remember?”

    “It’s not a man’s blood that merits his worth.” Heechul reminded as he sat down next to his best friend and picked up a plate of pastries. “You’re worth more than every man I’ve met. If it wasn’t for you, my life would have been worse than it was. You’re my only friend, Leeteuk. Thank-you for always being there for me.”

    “Am I worth more than your handsome lover?” Leeteuk chuckled, “Thank your boyfriend for getting me a job in the palace so quickly. I was not about to go back to the Lee estate.”

    “He’s not my boyfriend,” Heechul countered with a smile, “I mean…, the Prince and I…, it’s complicated.”

     “I’d say that it’s complicated,” Leeteuk teased, “Twenty-four hours ago he didn’t know you had a . Has he talked you about that yet?”

    “Teukie!” Heechul scolded, almost dropping the pastry he was nibbling. “I haven’t seen Prince Siwon since he brought us to the palace last night. He and I have no future together. You heard what he said to me at the ball.”

    “Then, why did he come find you? Why did he rescue us?”

    “We weren’t rescued,” Heechul dismissed, seeming offended by the idea. “I was doing just fine before you two arrived. I wasn’t rescued like some helpless damsel.”

    “If the Prince has no interest in you, then he wouldn’t have cared who Soo-Man sold you to. Face it, Chul, he loves you.”

     “I’m not going to hope for him to love me, Teukie. He’s looking for a wife. I cannot be one.” Heechul lamented as the door opened and Prince Siwon himself stepped into the room.

     “Are you enjoying your breakfast?” Siwon asked, a smile plastered on his face as he approached the table dressed in a long white coat with silver thread and a matching silver crown balanced on his head.

    “I’ve never had food like this before,” Heechul replied, keeping his eyes casted to his plate. “Despite our skills in the kitchen, Leeteuk and I aren’t as good as your chefs, Sire.”

    “Sire?” Siwon repeated with a small pout, “You do not have to address me so formally.”

    “Forgive me, Sire.” Heechul whispered, “But, I do. As you said the night of the ball, you are royalty and I am worth less than you.”

    “Leeteuk, could you give us a moment alone?” Siwon asked, “I need to speak with Heechul.”

     “Yes, Sire.” Leeteuk complied, standing up from the table and bowing. “Thank-you for bringing me here, Sire. Working in the palace has been like a vacation.”

    “I’m glad you’re happy, Leeteuk.” Siwon answered as Leeteuk turned and left the room.

    “Are you well this morning, Sire?” Heechul asked, picking up his glass of orange juice and taking a sip with his eyes cast downwards. “Did you eat?”

    “Heechul,” Siwon began as he took a seat at the table. “Look at me, please?”

    “Yes, Sire.” Heechul complied, looking up from his plate.

    “Please, call me Siwon.” the Prince begged, “I’m so sorry. I should have listened to you the other night. I shouldn’t have let them expose you like they did.”

    “And?”

    “And, I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I was just surprised. I was wrong, My Lord. Please, forgive me?”

    “I was humiliated,” Heechul began, tears forming in his eyes as he spoke. “I came there to tell you the truth, and you made me feel worthless. You made me see that it was my appearance and station you liked. It wasn’t me…,”

    “It was you,” Siwon cut off, “I fell in love with your heart, Heechul.”

    “Please, stop doing that?”

    “Doing what?”

    “Cutting me off,” Heechul clarified with a smile, “You’re impatient, Sire. It’s what got you into this mess, you know?”

    “It was?”

    “The day we met, you pestered me until I agreed to go the breakfast with you.” Heechul reminded, “Then, when I tried to tell you we couldn’t see each other again, you pestered me into doing so. After I left you my goodbye letter, you ignored it and followed me home. Then, at the ball you…,”

    “I get it,” Siwon cut off, receiving a glare in return. “Sorry, but you have to admit that if I hadn’t been so persistent, you’d still be with your stepfather right now and I’d be marrying your sister.”

    “Stepsister,” Heechul corrected, “By the way, I heard the Queen was supposed to announce your engagement to the people this morning.”

    “She is,” Siwon clarified with a nod. “There’s a scheduled announcement in a couple hours. Lord Lee and his daughters have been invited to the palace to hear it.”

    “So, you are marrying that hag,” Heechul grumbled, poking at his food. “I hope you don’t mind goblins for children.”

    “I do not plan on marrying Lady Tiffany,” Siwon denied, “I was actually planning on asking a different person for their hand in marriage.”

    “I’m sure she’ll be happy, whoever she is.”

    “It’s you, Heechul.” Siwon whispered, taking Heechul’s hand and kissing the back of it. “Will you marry me?”

     “Me?” Heechul squeaked, jerking his hand back and stumbling away from the table, his sudden movement causing a glass of juice to be dumped into Siwon’s lap.

    “You’ve soiled me again, My Lady.” Siwon laughed, standing up and blotting his pants with a napkin. “We seem to have bad luck with breakfasts.”

    “I’m not a Lady,” Heechul reminded, “I can’t marry you, Sire.”

    “There’s no law preventing two men from marrying,” Siwon pointed out, “The only thing the law governing my marriage says is that I must marry a member of the nobility. You’re a noble, Lord Kim.”

     “Technically I am, but what about an heir to the thrown? Isn’t that the point of your marriage, to make babies? I can’t do that for you, Sire.”

    “I’m well aware of that fact.” Siwon assured, dropping his napkin onto the table and slowly approaching Heechul. “There are other ways of producing heirs. The palace has plenty of mistresses to choose from.”

     “A mistress?” Heechul repeated with a scowl, “If I’m married to someone, they won’t be taking on any mistresses.”

     “Is that a yes?” Siwon pressed, stopping a few inches in front of Heechul and reaching out to wrap his arms around the elder male’s thin waist. “I think I fell in love with you the day we met. I can’t imagine my life unfolding without you in it.”

    “You fell in love with a woman, Sire.”

    “No, I meant when you knocked me off my horse.” Siwon corrected, “That fierce man with his beautiful eyes is the one I fell for. It was Lady Heemi’s mind and her heart I fell for. The rest was just an illusion. To tell the truth, I like you better without the dress.”

     “You do?” Heechul mumbled, a shiver running up his spine as Siwon’s hands traveled up his sides.

     “I love you, Kim Heechul.” Siwon whispered, placing a soft kiss on Heechul’s neck. “Will you do me the honor or marrying me?”

     “I…,” Heechul stammered, his heart skipping a beat as Siwon peppered his skin with kisses. “My answer is…,”

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Feeling a bit better. Still a long way to go...,

COMMENTS = LOVE!!!