Hereditary

Odd

Dating an idol is frustrating; no dates because we don't want to start a riot, no time together anymore; concerts, signings, and interviews. I was seeing him less and less everyday, it was a real downer. Being best friends with an idol wasn't great either. She always made excuses to ditch me at the last moment. Which once again was today, we were supposed to have a movie night; just us girls. But stardom calls and now I'm watching horror movies by myself in the dark.

I sat in the middle of the couch, wrapped in two blankets and wearing one of Key's sweaters. I was on my fourth or fifth movie, they all seemed the same and yet still kept my attention. I rested my head on my knees as the girl in the movie ran up the stair, being chased by the killer. When she got to the bathroom she shut an locked the door, the killer began to bang on the door. The noise stopped and the girl thought she was safe; but the punch line kicks in as he uses an axe to chop down the door.

I can feel myself getting drowsy, my head kept slumping and everytime the girl screamed I would wake up again. I turned the television off and headed towards the bathroom taking a shower, I took my phone with me listening to the boy's new album 'Odd.' I placed my phone down on the counter and got undressed. My hair had begun to made from it's wacky color, which made me think if Key would help me re-color it.

I pulled the shower knob and cold water came falling down onto my back in the shower. I released tension in my neck as my hands supported me on the wall, the cold water made me shiver slightly. Little bumps grazed my skin making me smile, I reached up for my shampoo when my vision began to double.

I placed my hands on my head, as it screamed in pain. I was on the shower floor, my ears rung louder than church bells.

Then it stopped. Everything.

I knew the shower was running because I could hear it, but I couldn't feel the water.

I couldn't feel anything. My hands were over my ears still, I pulled them down to feel the ground. There was nothing, no contact. I dragged my hand across the shower walls, door and even in the water.

--

"I can't feel her George! I can't feel anything! What can I do like this?!" A woman yelled to an middle aged man.

"Minji, calm down. We can get through this together." The man stepped closer to her, but she only drew away from him.

This scene was all to familiar to me, this is the day my mom left.

"I can't a handle it, I can't feel Olive, or you George. I can't live like this."

Pop.

Dad didn't know she had intentions of suicide, this was only the first day she showed her real intentions.

Her body hit the floor before the gun did, blood spilling out of the side of her head. I was only ten when it happened, I was dragged in and treated like a lab rat as they investigated the happening.

She was gone.

--

I tried to stand, but I couldn't feel my own legs. I managed to reach up and turn off the shower. I pulled my body out of the shower somehow, I swear my heart was going the fastest it has ever been. I reached up to grab my phone, dropping it in front of me on the floor. I manage to hit emergency number, and the phone rings, I was sobbing.

"What's your emergency?" A female voice came from my phone.

"I-I can't feel anything." I sobbed out.

"Please Ma'am be more specific."

"I can't feel anything, I have no sense of touch."

"I'll send someone on the way, where are you in your apartment dear?"

"Bathroom, I'm not covered."

"Hang in there."

I laid their helpless, like a rag doll. It took them ten minutes to get to my place. Three to get the landlord to get the door open, and seven until I was in the back of the ambulance. The paramedics asked me for information, the dug around my purse for my ID. I closed my eyes, and let the darkness over come me.

I was on a boat again, the storm was worse this time. Rocking, making me stumble around reaching out for anything to grab so I don't go over board. I grab onto a rope but my hands slip, I had no strength to hold on, and I plummet into the water.