Let's Break Up

Odd

I decided that I would be in best interest to leave Key, he was always getting in trouble and postponing his schedule to spend time with me. It made me feel like he thought I couldn't do anything, It had been two months since I became senseless but I was back doing the things I did before. I had given up drawing for good, the paintings from my ceiling came down and my drawings were all placed into a box which was put in the back of storage to never be found again. I was okay with that, with not touching a pencil again, and not expressing myself the way I would.

I had my hair dyed back to brown, and I stopped drinking orange juice all together. I was in a bubble of normal and everyone was concerned. Selene had stopped by on her day off to spend it with me and we didn't go much. I was in a funk, I wanted to just leave my life and not bother anyone else.

"Miss, Kibum is here to see you." Head maid pulled the door open as Key walked in with a smile.

"How are you doing ducky?" He sat on the end of my bed with crossed legs, his hands grabbed mine.

"Still alive." I said in hushed tones.

"That makes me happy."

"Key, we need to talk." I bit the bullet.

"Sure. What's on your mind?"

I hesitated, trying to word it in my head. He wouldn't like what I was about to say, and I think I could get away with him angry. It didn't matter, he couldn't love me anymore with the way I was.

"Let's break up." I said not looking up from my hands.

"What?" He hissed.

"It's better for you, if we just stopped this. It's ridiculous. I can't even feel you." I knew tears ran down my face.

"You're right. Let's stop this game, you're not the Olive I fell in love with. You're Normal, I hate Normal."

He stood up from the bed and stormed out of the house, I could hear his tires squeal on the pavement as he sped away. I wiped the tear that blurred my vision as I laid back in bed. It was for the best that we didn't see each other again, it was for him. It didn't matter, I couldn't feel it.

--

[Seven Months Later.]

"Hey guys it's Olive here. Can you believe that I'm back after almost a year of absence?" I held the camera up to my face as I shut the door behind me on the way out to the front yard.

"What you've missed; I got a license, despite I can't feel a thing. I've worked through my first broken heart and Lastly I have been writing a book for you guys to read!"

I walked down the streets yapping about the last months ordeals and when my book would be published. My community had began to grow since I began posting in a blog I started. Much like the one Selene had when she was normal, I had one too.

"I know many of you are fans of Key from Shinee and are here from various rumors about the two of us dating. I'd like to clarify that they are...." I paused for dramatic effect.

"False. I was lucky enough to be friends with him up until their latest album release. No bad intentions, just busy schedules and lives."

I turned around the block and continued to talk about my condition. I ended the video and set out back for home. The fresh air smelt wonderful, the sun was extra warm today. Not that I knew it was warm, the weather had mentioned heat warnings.

I made it back to the front door and opened it, welcomed by my newest pet. He was a baby golden retriever and he was in training to become a service dog. Although I could hear and see both well, if someone to attack me I wouldn't know until my vision caught up. Duke jumped at my knees happily as I pulled my shoes off one at a time. I headed towards my study room to edit and upload my video.

--

Sorting through come comments on my latest video I found a link posted by a viewer for Key's Instagram, I clicked on the link and my jaw dropped to the floor. In front of me was a picture me and Key took together months ago.

"In addiction to our new music video I'll show you something Odd. This girl is Olive, yes named after the food. She used to drink orange juice after brushing her teeth; on purpose. Her hair used to be green and Blue, she was the definition of Odd. She made me worried, stressed out and She made me feel love. I'm not trying to get her back, all I'm trying to do is snap her back into reality. I can't even ask you to feel anything for me, but I want you to see that your limitations aren't a stopping point, they are temporary like the pain your going through.

So take a chance, and draw again."

My vision was obstructed with tears as the poured out of my eyes and soaked into my shorts. I felt guilty, that I changed myself so much because of my handicap. I felt sadness more than I ever did during my senseless months.