Almighty Key; Frog Prince

Odd

My friends praised him like he was some kind of prince, like he would come and sweep me off my feet and take me away from all the hate and destruction in the world. Like maybe he was a social justice hero who loved plants and sung with animals. Which left me to think about what my friend had told the so called prince about me, knowing my friend Selene she probably told her boyfriend Minho to tell him I'm some kind of loon.

I had rejected the blind date multiple times, no whining or pleading had helped my case. Last time I heard it was a prank and the guy was a total dud, like the exact opposite of the girl and that's what's making me worried.

"Don't be worried. He's a total prince, you two will get a long great." Selene pushed me out my front door and right into the passenger seat of her car, slamming the door before I could block it.

"I am worried, what is so wrong with being single at twenty two?" I had slid down the seat and pouted as we drove through rush hour.

I was nervous, A blind date was a sudden rushed idea from her. Selene mentioned I was a too sad to be around, it 'bummed her out.' I didn't get to choose whether or not I got to go, Minho and her had set a blind date with a friend. I got no clues so I couldn't even Google the poor guy and with an hour left till D-day I decided to vlog for my very small community.

"Hey guys! I'm in the car with Selene." I quickly panned over to her, she let out a small 'Hi' before continuing to stare at the road.

"She is dragging me out on a blind date. I'll film it all for you, as long as yous don't get too jealous."

"YOU CAN'T." Selene yelled in my direction.

"Why? Is he camera shy?" I pouted a little. "I'll fill you in after the date. Love you guys, Ciao~" I turned off my camera and stared down Selene, I could tell It made her uncomfortable.

"Does he know about me?"I asked assessing that the prince must be either camera shy or famous.

"Minho said exactly this; She is the definition of Odd, she purposely drinks Orange juice after brushing her teeth and her hair is odd too." Feeling slightly offended I twisted my face into a mess before my hair.

"Don't worry, you are beautiful not odd." I ran my fingers through my half blue and half green hair. I decided out of spite, and being a bit childish I would ignore her. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

"Olive." A voice said coaxing me from my sleep. " Ten minutes until D-day, as you call it." Selene's voice was clear now as she pointed to a tall building in the distance.

We stepped out of the car and my eyes scanned the building, following the windows to the very top. Selene pulled me into the building passed the sliding doors and right through security , them greeting her politely. We reached the elevator in swift strides, Selene pushed the fourteenth floor button. The doors closed in front of me as I felt the elevator jerk up slowly. DING!

We stepped out of the elevator on the fourteenth floor and Selene lead the way down a dimmed hallway until we reached a door with the numbers #0078. A few knocks and the door opened to be greeted by Minho. Hugs and kissed were exchanged between Selene and Minho before entering the dorm to find the kitchen to the left where he strode out.

A very confident prince approached the three of us, his blonde hair styled out of his face. He stuck a hand out for me to shake, but his cheek bones got to me.

Breaking the ice, "Are you gay?" I said, making Selene's jaw drop.

"G-gay? I'm straighter then most guys." He said hesitantly, looking embarrassed.

A hand made contact with the back of my head, the expression on Selene's face was intimidating.

"Excuse me, I thought this was all a prank." I said bowing to Key.

"Aish~ I said she had to have manners."

"Or should I say Excuse you." I gave Key a look that could kill before grabbing my purse and walking to the front door.

"Olive! Where are you going?" Selene yelled as I walked out the front door.

I pushed the elevator button tapping my foot impatiently. The so called prince was a frog, a slimy green frog. The doors opened and I stepped in hitting ground floor. I could feel the steam coming from my ears, how could someone so good looking be so rude.

The doors opened and I took off out of the elevator and out the front doors. The wind caught my hair whisking is across my face, I pushed the walk button and crossed the street to the cafe. Once inside I went up to the counter and waited behind a mom struggling to handle her kids. Finally I got up to the counter when I heard the voice I didn't want to hear.

"Two Cappuccinos~" Key's voice rang from behind me, reaching over my shoulder to pay the cashier.

"What did you want?" I said waiting for my drink.

"Well because of you I got kicked out until you come back. So here I am."

I smirked at him picking up the hot cup and heading to a booth at the back of the cafe. The cafe had been a library in the past, old book shelves were made into booths and the covers of famous books used as art. Key sat across from me, pulling out his phone and looks like he took a picture of his coffee. I scoffed at him and pulled out my sketch book from my bag, continuing a picture of Selene's dog. It caught Key's eye as he stared in awe.

"Can you do this for me? I have two dogs." Key pulled up a picture of his dogs and showed me. "Comme Des and Garçon!" He happily smiled.

"Why would I do this for you?" I sneered.

"Because I'm charming, and I'll pay you."

"When can I get a copy of that photo?" I said not hesitating.

"Give me your number and I'll send it to you." Key had a smirk on his face.

"Aish. Here give me your phone." I reached across the table grabbing his phone, entering my number.

"Thanks, I'll call you." key suddenly stood up and took off out of the store running back to the dorm.

I smiled a little, even though he was a frog, he sure was a cute frog.