Ignorance

Odd

It was fun to ignore Key, he got flustered easily. He had sent about five or six photos of Comme Des and Garcon, I had to admit his dogs stole my heart. They had outfits and were loved unconditionally by Key. I sat on my bed editing my video from earlier today, adding back ground music and cute animations to the bottoms. The frog kept coming to my mind, how excited he had been when he got my number. He's been texting all night, and I've decided to not read anymore of them until the morning. I stand up heading towards the kitchen, I have my bangs in a small pony-tail and I'm walking around in just an oversized sweater.

I had moved from Hawaii only a year ago, my parents had both lived in Korea in the past but eloped in the US and had me. They had me study Korean from a young age, once I graduated from highschool I took Filmogrophy and started my YouTube channel as soon as I moved to Korea.

I pulled a yogurt tube from the fridge letting it hang out of my mouth as I walked around my apartment, it was messy. I had paper balls, eraser bits and shavings on most of the surfaces. I had the talent of drawing I had inherited from my father, I sat on the couch and pulled out my sketch book beginning to work on Key's photos.

The last time I looked at the clock it was midnight, but this time I realized it was already morning. The sun spilled into the room, splashing my apartment with light beams. I stopped drawing and rubbed my eyes, my hands almost black from my make up and pencil lead. My phone went off again as I received a text from Key again, he was up early for a guy. I looked at the clock and it said '5:53'. I plugged my phone into the wall and walked down the hall into my bedroom falling onto my bed instantly falling asleep.

--

Knocking on my front door woke me up, I stood up quickly looking for leg coverings. Finding a pair of rose leggings I trucked to the door stepping over yesterday's water bottles and opened the front door. The stood a very smiley Selene.

"So what happened?" She asked stepping into my apartment as usual and I closed the door behind her.

"We exchanged numbers, I'm drawing his dogs in exchange for money." I ruffled the back of my hair and walked into the living room.

"Did he text you?" Selene began to pick up after me and I got moody.

"Yes, and don't touch, it makes a mood." I pouted.

"Key hates a mess." She said.

"It's my house, not his." I grabbed the bottles out of her hands and threw them to the floor.

Selene left after a few minutes of chatting and I made my way into the kitchen, opening the fridge I let out a sigh, no food. My phone rang and I answered it without looking.

With a sad tone I began. "Hello."

"Ah~ Olive-ssi! It's Key. Why do you sound so down?"

"O-ohey Key. i just realized I can't live life eating just yogurt tubes." I admitted.

"Got it. Be there with stuff. I'll cook for you!" Before I could get in a word he hung up.

I placed my phone on the counter and sat on the couch grabbing my sketch book again, working on Garçon. It had only felt like twenty minutes, I'm sure it was longer. A knock on my door made me put down my book and head to the door.

I'm not sure if it was the mess or my messy appearance but Key's eyes enlarged when I opened the door. He had grocery bags in his hands, he slowly walked into my apartment his eyes looking at the paper all over the floor. I pointed to the kitchen and lead him there turning on the lights.

"Oh good, the kitchens clean" Key said before putting the bags on the counter.

I just gave him a silent stare as he rolled up his sleeves and pushed his hair out of his face."Let's clean, then I'll cook."

"Don't you dare." I growled at him.

"Pretty Princess like you can't live in a dark dirty place like this." Key moved to the window and pulled the curtains open, I pretended to melt.

He rolled his eyes moving into the living room, he collected the paper balls and threw them into the recycling bin. Next the water bottles until he came across the finished drawing of Comme Des, and he stopped.

"Whoa." he said like he had no breath.

I walked up next to him and smiled lightly. "Guess that means you like it." I smiled.

"I was worried you forgot, since you ignored me this morning.." He said making sure I knew he was sad.

"Aish! I spent all night on that, went to bed around six this morning."

Key took off the the kitchen to begin the late lunch for us, I picked up my pencil and continued the Garcon drawing. Small in the fur around the eyes, dark circles for the eyes appeared. I always blocked out the world when I drew, it was like I took off into a new world. A tap on the shoulder startled me a bit, it was a smiling Key coming to tell me the food was ready.

"Salmon, and Rice." I said looking at the food on the table.

"Shredded Rice and Salmon curry." Key corrected sitting across the table from me.

The first bite made me drool, it melted in my mouth with each bite. I looked up at Key, he looked at me confused. I could feel tears coming to my eyes, and he started to panic.

"Olive, are you o-"

"It tastes so glorious, it's so good." I spooned more of the dish into my cheeks and savoring it.

The look on Key's face lit up, he looked like he was about to laugh and he did. I swallowed my food and gave him a look.

"It looked like you were going to cry." he had is hands on his stomach.

"I've been eating Yogurt and crackers for the last month since I lost my job." I admitted putting my fork down.

Key's eyes softened as he reached across the table wiping a piece of rice off the side of my mouth. I looked down at my empty bowl, it was recently when I lost my job as head artist. I was working with a design team to make a child hospital, but was fired due to age and inexperience. I let out a soft sigh , Key reached over and refilled my bowl. I smiled widely at him digging in again.

"Sounds like you are a real life Cinderella." he says.

"My parents love me." I said.

"It shows." Key smiled at me again before grabbing the dishes from the tabled, boxing up the left overs and putting them in the fridge.

"I should go. Text me when you finish the pictures, or for the hell of it. Or if you miss me." He teased walking to the door, bowing before he leaves. I thank him before the door shuts.