The other admirer

What is love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-MINA-

This morning I was caught by surprise when I was greeted with not by one, but two letters. The other the usual purple and the other a cream-colored one, and both was addresed with my name on it.

But of course I opened the purple one first embossed with glossy silhouettes of ballerinas, for I was more familiar and homey with that one.

Hey ballerina, He began casually , making me giggle again in glee.

You're doing great in handling your tryouts. I also hear that you're doing a routine for the midsemester practice game of the soccer team against the neighboring school, and I have utter faith you'll dazzle everyone with your amazing bubbly personality. (Its proven true already, I pretty much had fallen victim to it.)

The added statement made me blush in flattery.

Ballerina you're making me fall for you harder each day, you know that? But when I'm one step getting closer to telling the truth to you and tell you who I really am, I take two steps back in fear, scared that you wouldn't accept who I am. Don't worry though, I swear I will tell you someday. Keep smiling as always, you didn't look so good when you were distressed this whole week-still beautiful- but I just don't want to see you troubled, you make me wanna wrap you in hug, and I'm pretty much sure I'll get a slap for that keke. 

With the sincerest of intentions to make you happy, 

Mr. Beanie

P.s I heard you lost your scrunchy, here I bought you one, of course in your favorite color. Wear it, will you? It'll make my happiness shoot up if you did.

Again, I was yet amazed by the little details he had added. He must have a very good source, or either a keen sense of awareness when it involves me. I can't believe he would notice how stressed I was in making cuts for the cheerleading team, and to think he also noticed that I haven't been tying my hair up during practice. Courtesy of Sana who always is an airhead, and a clutz, and a forgetful person, not even able to remember where she might've left it.

The scrunchy was beautiful, Mr. Beanie's got great taste. The material was knitted yet stretchable and it was a great pastel shade. Not able to hold my excitement, I decided to wear the thing, even when it wasn't practice yet.

After doing so, I now proceeded to the cream-colored one. I was reluctant at first, and I knew this wouldn't come from Mr. Beanie, for he wouldn't go for something extravagant like this one. The envelope had gold filigree embossed on it, and it had the strongest flowery scent I have ever smelt, which I knew would rather be to Sana's liking than mine. 

Opening it gingerly, I was greeted by my full name addresed formally on the heading, written in a really neat font. Too neat, for my taste. I couldn't help but compare this flashy of a letter to Mr. Beanie's. His letters were full of sincerity and life, with little kid doodles and his signature kid font.

Myoui Mina,

Meet me under the acacia tree by the soccer fields.

-W

W? Does his name for some reason start with a W? And all this frigid formal-looking letter, with only that as a content? Is he trying to make a point that he can afford gold dusted and flowery-scented stationery?

"MINA-YAH!" Someone yelled from behind me and poked me by my midriff making me drop the letters in shock.

Turning to scowl at the culprit-Sana- she gave me a toothy grin while poking her tongue out to me playfully.

"Mianhae." She sing-songed then her gaze drifted down, letting out a surprised gasp when she noticed the letters.

Sana gave me a cheely smile. "So Mr. Beanie strikes again?"

I gave her a small smile, still quite embarassed when I share her the letters Mr. Beanie have given me. Embarassed, because I always found them thoughtful and always treasured them with care.

Her eyebrows furrowed in bewildernent, when she spotted the gold-accented one, and brought it to her nose for a sniff.

"Is that patchouli?" She prompted, her eyes reducing to slits. Scrutinizing the letter a great deal.

I snatched the letters off of her clutches and stuffed both of them in my bag. "I have no clue what you said just now but I hate it. Its too flowery, it'll put my grandma's perfume to shame."

"Your grandma has great taste." She defied.

I only shrugged in response and shouldered my bag on.

 "So Mr. Beanie's got a rival now?" Sana eyed me, her dark orbs observing me with such skepticism.

"No." I simply said. " And what are they competing for to begin with?"

Sana placed a finger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter