Little talks

What is love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-TZUYU-

The silence that the library offered was a serene one, the kind of peace that makes you think without being interrupted. That has been my case since last week.

One must have thought after the pact Mingyu and I had to not further the collateral damage that had already happened, things wouldve already smoothed over. Well if you could compare the situation to something, Mariana's trench is a great analogy to that.

You see, we have this existing rift between us, and that rift widens. Its being shifted apart by both opposing sides. In that case, that's our squads.

For some reason, the collateral damage had furthered when we thought it wouldn't.

Sana who usually favors Jun's company had gone sour just seeing him from a mile away and has been avoiding him like he was the bringer of the black plague.

As for Mina and Wonwoo. Things seemed to have taken a turn towards them. The kind of turn that just leads you to nowhere at all, just emptiness. There was less banter. In fact, there had been no banter at all.

Wonwoo who was already relieved of suspension and had returned to class, did nothing but walk around the school dejected and sulky. He didn't bat an eye even when Mina passed. Only glancing up when Mingyu had called him twice. Other than that, he wouldn't answer to any of his friends which worried them that he had actually turned cold.

Mina. Well.. as much as she was denial that she was okay. She was not. Her face wouldn't light up anymore when she opens her locker, she would only duck in disappointment that there was no purple letter slipped inside. And to make things worse, that Wonho guy had been doing adavances towards her, which she clearly brushes off with disinterest and yet he still persists.

But for some twist of fate, the two people I thought  would never speak to each other after that big fight had for some reason, reconciled.

Two tables from where I sat Dahyun and Hansol were seated beside each other engrossed in a conversation that consisted of restrained chortles and silent giggles. I've heard some insulting retorts being exchanged, but this for some reason was done out of fun rather in spite.

"Has it started raining in the sahara or something?"

I squealed in surprise and the book  in my hand dropped with a loud thud that the librarian-who was just a shelf behind me-had gave me a pointed glare which would've been enough to left me bleeding.

"Sorry." The voice whispered from my left.

I turned to see Mingyu far too close to me with an open book shielding us.

When I say close, I meant really close. to the point I could smell the scent of his musky perfume which was really really appealing.

"Uhm.." I trailed off dumbly.

He.. Well.. I don't know if he's oblivious or is he just used to invading people's personal space of breathing or something. But I hope he can't tell that I am really getting flustered here.

"Shhh.. You're gonna catch their attention." He said and peered over the book.

Curious of what he was pertaining to, I also peered to where he was facing and my mouth morphed into an 'O' in understanding. He meant Dahyun and Hansol.

A few seconds after, my brows furrowed together and I glanced towards him. "Wait. You're not gonna charge and go red bull on Hansol? Are you cool with him now?"

He blew a raspberry loudly which startled the two who turned their heads trying to locate the sound it came from, and the librarian gave us another reprimanding shush making us abruptly hide behind the thick encyclopedia in front of us in unison when Dahyun and Hansol were about to turn our way.

When the grumpy lady finally carted away from us, I did another quick peek towards them and found that they were back to joking with each other as if nothing happened.

I heard him sigh beside me. "Not really. I mean, as much as I want to. I don't feel like being overprotective brother right now.They look like they're having fun. It's a great change of view to see them like this."

"You mean her smiling in a way a girl smiles when in love?" I teased, which was a very bad idea because the color in his face had started to slowly drain away.

He groaned and banged his head on the mahogany table. "Please don't remind me that my little sister's inlove with the prick that just made her cry."

I giggled below my breath and rubbed his back comfortingly. "Its alright, I don't think she's aware of it. I think she's on the same level of denial as Mina."

He turned his head, now resting his cheek on the surface of the table. "How's that supposed to make me feel better?"

"Because it would hurt more if she knows. She'd be aware of her circumstances with Hansol who's as dense and shallow as a rock." 

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter