The start of a new friendship

What is love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: lets get some tzuyu x mingyu action over here..

-TZUYU-

"Jebal~" Sana pleaded, her hands clasped together.

She's been begging me to join the cheersquad since I arrived at school. Which is a great opportunity, but I don't think I'll fit right in.

"Tzuyunniee come on. Mina even postponed tryouts just for you." Dahyun whined clutching me by the shoulders.

Mina raised a hand up to say something."Actually I postponed it becau--"

"All because of you Tzuyunniie." Sana interjected, cupping a hand over Mina's mouth.

Rolling my eyes at them playfully, I then turned to Mina,since she's cheer captain. "Why do you want me to join so badly?"

Sana shot me a look as if saying 'Duh'. "Because we need assets Tzuyunnie. We need those long legs of yours ,and its about time you show your hidden talent of dancing."

Sighing, I tucked a strand of my hair at the back of my ear. "You guys, I'm really sorry. But I can't. Its great. Really,it is. But I just want to focus on my studies." 

Sana and Dahyun's faces dropped ,and I could tell that even Mina was affected , noticing the sag of her shoulders when I declined again for the nth time.

"Tzuyu, are you still on about proving yourself worthy to be with us?" Mina asked taking the seat beside me.

Ducking my head in embarrassment that she managed to see right through me. I did a curt nod and fiddled with the material of my skirt.

Dahyun, who still held me by the shoulders, gave me a hard shove, that she almost broke my neck by the sheer force of it.

Sana slapped her by the shoulder ,scolding her that she was being her violent self again. 

But Dahyun just brushed her off and spoke ."Oh c'mon Tzuyu! You don't have to listen to those prissy stuck-up girls. You are more than worthy of our friendship."

"You think its that easy?!?"I snapped ,making them draw back from the angry tone I rarely used.

Trying to even my breathing, I counted to ten till my anger dissipitated ."Mianhae. Its just, I want to prove to them I'm more than just a pretty face. I just want to show them I have skills, and that I didn't climb my way up in having good grades, or being nominated as an officer and part of the prefecture, or being a part of a friendship with you guys just because I have looks."

I could feel myself shake in pent-up wrath, and confined sadness. It was just.. It's just too much. I inhaled deeply to draw back the tears that threatened to pour out of my eyes. But it seems like I am not able to do so, when all of them wrapped me into a hug.

"Aigoo, Tzuyunnie~" Dayhun cooed from behind me.

Sana my hair while Mina rubbed circles on my back. And because of those simple gestures, I let my tears fall down silently at the bridge of my nose, and sniffed when I felt it starting to clog. Finally calming myself down, I told them I was fine now and urged them to get going before someone would see me like this. And I never, as in never, let anyone else other than my friends see me fall apart like this.

But litte did I know just now, that someone other than my friends had just witnessed my vulnerable side. Lifting my head up from Mina's shoulder, my eyes widened in surprise when I saw Mingyu standing by the door. And I felt my blood run cold and my shoulders turn rigid when I interlocked with his obsidian orbs.

Dahyun was the first to untangle herself from the hug because she saw Hansol walk inside the classroom, and said that she saw a dimwitted half-blood, loudly proclaiming it for him to ear.

Hansol was about to yell back a retort, but she was then out the door by the time he could finish his sentence  I chuckled at the sight of them engaging in another spiteful banter. They really seem to hate each other. But I guess that's just their way of denying that they actually find the other attractive.

The schoolbell rang making Sana and Mina withdraw from the embrace.They were both reluctant to leave my side, but I insisted, telling them that I'll be fine (i hope), and gave them both an encouraging push, urging them to get going.

Sana peeked over her shoulder giving me one last lingering look as she sat down her seat at the front of the class, and mouthed 'Just think about it' ,before turning away to face the board.

Hearing someone clear his throat, I felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter