CHAPTER 2 – London Girl

Here, We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Time goes by

Months turned into years

People changed, so their feeling

Only memories left unwanted inside their head

Spinning, spinning, and just keep spinning...”

 

She stopped her writing, she dropped her pen, took a deep breath while held her head. She felt so stupid. She went outside from her room, went to her terrace with her cup of coffee. She took a sip while looking at the view outside. She looked at the park near her apartment, there was a kid who fell off from his bike and cried, but he was alone.

She remembered she used to take care one of her classmates every time she got trouble, this girl would always cry like a baby. But why she always find this girl so lovely? She shook her head tried to make her head think straight.

 

It’s already 4 years Byul.. are you stupid? She reminded herself.

 

She went back to her room, checked her schedule, then prepared to the hospital to meet her professor. She made an appointment to ask about her job in his hospital since he promised her to be the new pediatrician in there.

She already adapted with London, but sometimes she missed Korea. She couldn’t lie that Korean food tastes better in her tongue and moreover, she missed her family too. Four years without coming back to her hometown was surely difficult for her.

Her professor said that she could work in next two months because of some administration stuff. It means she has nothing to do in London for a meantime.

 

...

 

She went to her favorite coffee shop near the hospital with her notebook. She loves to write, everything, at least it’s also her additional income. She stopped herself from writing and thought deeply about her professor words..

 

Should I just go back to my hometown and take some trip at Korea before go back again to London?

 

She looked out the window blankly, wondering how is her hometown right now, how is her family, how tall Yesol right now, and how are the girls doing right now. That girl... how are you right now?

 

 

“Wait Byul-ah, there is a strand of hair inside your mouth” The older girl took out the hair from when suddenly their eyes meet. The older girl was a bit surprised then closed her face with her hand. Then after that, they were simply only laughing.

 

 

Byul was spacing out and this memory was suddenly flashing around her head. She closed her notebook and looked at every corner of the coffee shop. It would not be this empty if this girl were around me, she thought. She closed her face with her hand then sighed. Heavy sigh.

 

“This is so stupid.” She said.

 

She opened her notebook again, she looked into the gallery, then she picked a folder named with yeba. She looked at every picture inside that folder then unconsciously a smile spread on her face, a bitter smile. Her heart felt so heavy but also happy at the same time.

 

 

“What are you looking at?” Josh was standing behind her tried looking at her notebook

Byul got panicked as she tried to close her notebook with her hand, “No.. it’s nothing hehe”

“Do you miss your korean friends?” He moved to a seat in front her then took a seat.

“I’m afraid, yes, Josh”

“You won’t meet them anymore after this, you know Professor Kim loves you since it’s rare to meet a korean doctor in London, he already made a contract at Queen Hospital for 3 years, only for you. Damn, I’m so jealous” He slurped his coffee.

 

 

Josh made this girl opened her eyes, 3 years are not a short period, she already spent her time about 4 years right now and never come back to her hometown. If she didn’t come back at this break, surely she has to wait for another 3 years.

 

...

 

The next day, she asked permission to her professor to go back to her hometown, after he agreed, she booked a flight ticket to Korea. She believed that those stupid thoughts were only because she missed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter