Mozaic 3 - Afternoon tea

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is three past twenty-two already when she got off from taxi and then rushes her legs to the entrance of her destination: a huge apartment building on the left side of the road which mostly covered on light brown in mixture with baby blue and light pink in some parts of it.

A soft pant slips from her lip when she notified herself to the lobby staff and eventually goes rougher when she runs to catch the elevator before ultimately got left a few feets behind by it, well... what a day. She checks again her watch and get more and more anxious because she is being too late now. Then naturally a face come to her mind—a very annoying face of someone responsible for her chaotic day—it was his fault. Definitely! She cursed in her mind while gritted her teeth out of uneasiness. She almost went to the emergency stairs but cancel her mind at the last minute after stares down on her own feet and realized that she wears quite a heel today that already make her feet sore.

Few people come lines themselves up behind her when she is fishing her phone from her handbag, try to recheck the floor number of her destination and give herself a last chance to memorize her words. Yes, her nerves have been messed up her mind quite badly to the point she can’t recall anything she had prepared since some days ago.

So when a clear cling sound broke in the air, she just walking in without shifting her concentration from whatever written on the phone of hers and yeah... her day got luckier: she bumped to someone else’s plastic bag before stumbled over her shoes, losing her balance and crashed her thin shoulder to the side left of elevator. Quite a show because all of the people gave her their whole attention now.

Out of very crowded questions that ask if she was okay, there is only one that catches her ear: “uh, are you okay, Miss?” from a husky voice nearest to her that stop her hiss.

She looks up and finds clear beautiful small eyes stare at her worriedly, she gulped down and hurriedly look down and realized that he is the owner of the bag. “It was quite loud, must be hurt.” He said again, in his charming voice that make her feel silly. A soft pat on her upper arm makes her bravely meet his eyes again, this time is the phone. He hands her phone with another apology, “I am so sorry.”

She blinked a second before pull up herself to stand straight to show the charming stranger... wow, she laughed to herself, charming stranger? Is that how she will call someone she barely meets now, just because his eyes were so clear and his husky voice made her heart feel weird?... then she put a warm smile on her lip and nod shyly, “yes, it’s not bad. My fault. I was too focused on phone.”

But the charming stranger... oh c’mon, he has fit the word so what? still, looking at her with the same eyes. Like examining her answer and her—crazily, hold her breath now.

“You know, in case you need to examine it...” he said, then put down his luggage on the floor before pulling out wallet from his back pocket and give her a name card, “you can call that number.” He says with a beam, and it could be just her imagination but she thought she saw light sheer of pink on his cheek.

“Was my fault though.” She muttered under her breath.

The stranger is almost replying to her word but cut out by another cling sound, he turns to her again to bid his goodbye and another apology before step out with a light bow and wide smile.

And it is only after the elevator arrived at the highest floor which is an observation place and the remain people went off she realized she passed out her supposed destination, what the... she must under some kind of spell, that man turned her into a fool.

So she sheepishly comes back into the elevator and chooses the number floor again and next... steps out still with her head hung low. Must be feeling so embarrassed.

 

2302

She bits her lip while crossing her hand on the chest with eyes closed. Pray for God's blessing because she is on the edge of danger. Been late for forty-seven minutes—her worst record and if the person she is going to meet was exactly just a woman version of her boss then she has no hope. And to her annoyance, now she has none to blame. The original person she is going to confront if things were ever gone bad is him but she was wrong too now, thanks to the enchanting stranger that throw her upside-down. It is rare though, her being that silly.

A click snapped her back from her drama-mind, her body got so tensed and she just bows deeply the moment the door open without look to the person before.

 “Annyeonghasimnikka.”

A young woman in her casual attire, oversize basketball white t-shirt and long sweatpant stand by the door and slightly taken aback by the sight of someone bow down in front of her door. Her face showed how much it is surprised her and that looks kind of cute though, it is indeed a rare sight for her since long time ago. Not that she doesn’t understand it, she knew this particular culture so well and even still use it too at home. But it does still different having a stranger does it to you.

“Please rise, you don’t have to do that.” Then she said quietly, her voice sounds clear and clean even with some doubt in it, while her arm tries to help the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter