Mozaic 6 - Forgotten season part 1

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Busan, 2001 ]

 

Jung Eunji has always been famous, be it in her neighborhood as well in school. Neighbors happen to know her for her kindness towards everyone, she is known for being respectful to elders and is one of the little parts of teenagers who still doesn’t mind playing baduk with them in city hall.. also has always a nosy young girl who spent her times help here and there almost in anything.

She is popular among all of her schoolmates too, was never lived her life as a nobody—always part of the student council and importantly... as the best student with the highest rank all over school made her as teachers’s most favorite instantly. But being famous never mean well-liked, she has a lot of friends—they adored her personality especially her firm loyalty (even affectionately called her ui-ri-Ji sometimes) yet due to her very straight-forward style, she also has quite a line of the enemy. Haha, yes, enemy... thanks to her fandom fighting spirit—she gained hundreds of antis. Like another kid among her generation, the girl was a proud fangirl who fight a lot for the sake of her dearest Oppa.

If she needs to point out just one reason about what she liked the most about her junior high school, she would answer without hesitation: friends. Busan may be quite a large city but her life rolled for some rounds in stable ways, she and most of her friends have been together since elementary days so they were just truly grown up together, from a bunch of childish little girls they used to be to dolled up young lady.

Today was just an ordinary bright Monday of autumn. Eunji run out from her house gate after bid some eager farewell to her parents, Dad who busy play with her five years old younger brother and Mom who still put up laundry in front yard, she feels good like always and actually never feel better since she loved this kind of day when cool breezes blown almost all day and the sun not shine as hot as in summer any longer. The girl walks down freely to the bus station while humming some random songs and greet happily anyone she run into along the way. From Hoddeok ajussi who already busy preparing his stand near Min Woong’s super at the intersection to Eun Jae’s grandparent who is doing their barefoot morning stroll routine.

After nine minutes of walk finally she arrived at the nearest bus station in her neighborhood, she rushed her feet yet not solely for greet some students who already waited there earlier than her but also for greet something else. Two minutes later, a bus comes and different from another kid who lined themselves readily to ride, she in the other hand take a seat and just bid some waves when they asked her to come. After they were gone, girl, all smiled by herself, giddy for having additional time for her and her Oppa. Oh yes, there was a huge poster pestered on one side of the bus stop's wall and she almost always came in last minute to class every day because of him. An incredible creature of man with coffee in his hand and beautiful smile he wears which always be her daily vitamin—her first love. It’s not something weird, she is never doing any stalking job, she is just loved to charge her mood and infinite belief from his smile to start her day.

Well though some ever laughed at her silly belief, she just shrugs it off. Wonbin has that effect on her.

“Give it off, Girl!” a breeze remark greets her out of nowhere, her forehead crinkled upon realizing that it was a familiar voice, she already guessed it owner and scoffed to her only rotten luck’s source. Her bright mood shattered and replaced by gloomy look.

The girl finally turns herself to face the expected person near her, literally wears an annoyed face. “Not your matter.” She barked, that certain person spares her a glance from his paper and gives her a teasing smirk, clearly feel good after knowing he succeeded crushed down her day.

He glanced at her again and can’t stop his smile witnessing the most talkative, carefree and most annoying person he known stand uncomfortably few steps away from him, he suddenly want to mess her up some more and work his mind to find suitable word for it, he smiles crazily after finding what he needed, “it looks creepy.” He blurted oh so nonchalantly and earn a gap from his opponent who seems caught off guard by his sudden attack, the bewildered look in her face was so amusing to the point he needs to wear his poker face mask.

Jung Eunji was always bright and usually can not be easily bothered, especially by some remark like this because she already had bigger and more intense fight against another fangirl yet heard someone like him dare to say it to her, suddenly made that simple word sound like a hard limit. He had that strange effect on crushed her days down, well surely, maybe that’s why people labeled them as a sworn enemy. And before she could stop herself, she had already responded his bait. “Don’t talk to me,” she said coldly and take another step to further their distance.

He surely himself was indeed crazy because her angry remark makes his lip curled up. So interesting, how could they start another day with another war as simply as turn his palm upside down? And war for them never had any consolation.

While they have another round of stare fight, a bus comes. None but them waited, different than previous round when the bus always looks like about to burst out, now it is so empty. And because the two of them hate so much being push and packed uptight, they hardly could avoid each other since they waited for the same round of bus. Bloody unlucky.

Their fight was already famous, even a bus driver could only laugh over their childishness when the two competing for who will ride bus first. The man does his rare un-gentleman mannerism to her only, its hard to act gently to someone who has the talent to always comes under your skin, right? Girl born with it, so he hardly could feel embarrassed for arguing with her.

“Minho-ya~ you came up first yesterday. Let her ride before you today.” The bus driver reminds the man, their fight last longer than the day before when a man wins thanks to a kitten who appeared sniffed the girl's shoes out of nowhere when they were figh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter