Mozaic 15 - On Hold

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She is on leave,” Dana told her brother on the phone, she flips close her notebook after reviewing Eunji’s daily plan. The boss originally has one class on the evening—yes, so eventually the girl also gave a lecture from time to time, just to makes sure that her tutors handled the class well and to observe her students, reviewing their competence and such.

Song Minho immediately put down his pen after heard Dana’s answer, “is she sick?” asked him and Dana can easily detect worry in his voice.

The girl shakes her head before mumbling a no, “She just said that she is too tired.” Explaining the whole matter, reciting the reason which she heard from her boss. Eunji belatedly called this morning to inform her that she was gonna away for the day. Saying that she is sorry to trouble her staff and to let them know that she would like to have a peaceful Thursday—all to herself. “Do you make any mistake to Eonni, perhaps?” Dana asked later. Somehow feeling weird for having a strange assumption over her brother. Well, Minho has been weird himself after that risky weekend too, so...

“No,” he takes a whole three seconds before repeating his answer, “No.” Yet both of no equally sound unsure to her ear. Thus the sister heaved deep. Minho is truly uncertain about their situation. They had a blast together, they were fine, but.. something went off later and he can’t fully understand what was wrong yet. Their day’s out deviated towards certain route, gone slightly awry yet oddly undetectable. She was not put him in a longer length, but there was something in her eyes like she was having particular thought of him; thoughts which she wasn’t told him still. And that was what exactly drove his mind crazy because he had no courage to initially ask her.

A soft knock on the doorstop his monologue, the guy looks up from his position and after some pause, a slender man in the navy suit enters the room. Looking as polished as ever while beam a business-like smile, “it’s time for meeting with K-ware, Sir.” Announced him gently before put down a bunch of documents on Minho’s desk. “These are the documents you had asked for this morning.”

Minho glanced over the files and nod, “Thank you, Hyung. Have you eat lunch?” ask him which earn a no. “Let’s grab something after the meeting, shall we?” said the guy before rises from his seat and reach the standing pool where he hung his coat. Takes the coat and wear that dark brown piece before heading out, leaving his secretary behind. Jinwoo sensed something off from the younger. Maybe because lately, Song Minho was usually looking eager, thus having the old Minho around today is slightly uncomfortable. From his almost dejected look on his face, Jinwoo is sure that his boss had a certain situation at the moment. And his hunch believed this has something to do with Jung Eunji. She is the only one who has that effect on the ever-polished Song Minho. Jinwoo shakes his head on the matter before eventually following Minho’s lead.

The drama can wait.

 

Jung Eunji shifts away her attention to the outside of the window, trying to look absorbed on everything on the street but she failed miserably because she knows Yoon Bomi could see through her plan. That girl who still wore her apron is still watching her intensely and wait.

“You owe me a long story, don’t you think so?” ask Bomi later, her eyes don’t display the usual warmth and rather stoic. She is still waiting for Eunji’s answer.

Eunji smiles awkwardly before reach out to her cup and takes a sip of her drink, she frowns a bit because what Bomi brought was vanilla latte and not her chamomile tea. This friend is so mad, she thought to herself. And the girl knows that she needs to tell her everything anyway. “What do you want to hear first?” ask her while putting down her cup.

The friend fixes her gaze rightly on her, “Do you guys got back together?” ask Bomi bluntly. She looks deadly serious and Eunji needs to hold her smile—which suddenly emerges, looking Bomi all serious is often getting her cracked up, but the situation isn’t favorable so she is quickly suppressed her joy back before giving the friend any answer.

Eunji shakes her head. Do they get back? She thinks to herself, contemplating the matter. And her answer was no, not really, “But we did meet up.” Is what she then said to Yoon Bomi.

The answer sends Bomi a moment of shock, “Eunji-ya..” said her. She has so much to say in the back of her head but seeing Jung Eunji completely loose somehow makes her stop. This is strange. Her friend is strange.

Yoon Bomi and Jung Eunji have always been a friend. Yes, they haven’t see each other for some weeks and before she met Song Minho yesterday on his usual Wednesday-routine on treating his employees for a drink, Yoon Bomi doesn’t catch anything weird.

Yesterday she found the guy looked so happy and she immediately guessed that it had something to do with Eunji. Because in years of seeing the guy, after Eunji left, Minho almost always looks discouraged and lost. But Bomi hold back the sudden urge to directly questioning the man because what confused her more was about what made Eunji wanted to have something to do with the guy—all over again. Eunji had mentioned to her that she’d like to face her nightmare, is that her way to face her fear—her biggest downfall?

Yoon Bomi eyes her friend intently while Eunji also sometimes sends a glance at her, both are not saying anything. The silence was not too awkward even though none particularly enjoy the quietness. Both too busy with whatever run inside their brain. Yoon Bomi who is still trying to process the newly found situation, trying to cast aside her thought, she looks unsure but then open he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter