Mozaic 18 - Here

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day has already brightened when Song Minho reaches home. Something unintentionally wake him up at dawn, then he couldn't bring himself to resume his sleep, seeing how Eunji curled peacefully by his side all night was enough to make him no longer sleepy. Such a wonderful sight, to see her that close--finally back to his world, what a dream came true.

Then after contemplating hard whether to stay or leave, he decided on the latter option because he needs space to calm himself down. Having her brought overwhelming joy until his heart feel like almost burst out due to the unexpected happiness. And to have strange new sensation all for his own also invited certain fear, being afraid after enormous joy is normal actually. Very human.

“Oppa?” Dana's voice greeted from the kitchen, Minho who initially wanted to slip in quietly changed plan immediately after being found by his sister who happened to woke up oddly too earlier today. Her eyes were examining him from head to toe, which almost feel as cold as mom's usual questioned look.

“You wake up way too early.” Minho greeted back as the answer, he is now changing his route, going to the kitchen instead of his bed. Realizing that the sister must be having so many questions regarding his unplanned stayed-out night.

He took the red chair across her, slightly glancing towards her cup which seems so tempting. “Can I have a sip?” Asked him quietly, eyes on the drink, looking mostly curious about the coffee.

Dana isn't saying otherwise, she simply just pushes her cup to his direction. Took her time patiently as she watches the brother enjoying her signature brewed coffee. She took her time well before finally after Minho put down the glass, she raised a question to him, “Where were you?”

Expected. Minho smiled to his simple-minded sister, this is what he had expected. And rather than giving a vague answer like he used to, this time the man decided to tell her the truth. For at least two reasons, first on her right as the sister--the immediate family at the moment, and second because it is good news. And he just can't wait to share it with literally anyone. “I visited Eunji.” He told her in a single breath.

The answer made the sister slightly frowned, “Eonni?” She asks for confirmation, he could tell where her doubt comes from.

Minho nods, “She wasn't feeling well, right?” Which earns a nod from Dana, “You weren't pick up your phone yesterday. I initially wanted to ask you about her whereabout, thank goodness, luck on my side. She was at home.”

Yet ever a curious girl she is, Song Dana is not immediately satisfied by the story. It wasn't the main stuff she wants to hear for, “Tell me you were with her all night long.” She asked, almost like begging actually, which was funny.

At least for her brother, teasing her curious nature was always fun. And to have her looking this helpless first thing in the morning boost more joy on his account. Being the mischievous guy he has always been, Song Minho is playing well, leisurely reach her coffee and take another sip, which annoyed her nerve.

“Oppa.” She barked later, her patience was running off so fast, “Quickly tell me.”

Minho breaks a soft laugh seeing her being agitated by her mind, then even though he still wants to play another joke at her. He couldn't contain his happiness any longer. Each time the thought of Eunji came into his mind, his heart keeps beating so hard. “She gave us another chance.” He then told her.

The news which immediately made her jaw almost dropped to the floor, her eyes lit in the familiar joy which most possibly is also shining inside his orbs at the moment. She looks so surprised, in the most pleasant way, as her eyes gradually b in tears while her hand now is on her brother's. “Finally. Oppa.” She then told him in trembling voice.

Song Dana has been waiting for this moment much longer than her time on personally knowing Eunji. Although she was never really involved during their time together in the past, she still knew her. Mom loves to bug her brother about Eunji, asking every single thing about her which naturally made her feel close to the subject indirectly.

Song Dana had seen her brother turned awful after Eunji went away, gravitated violently fast towards self-destruction on later years. So to have the person who was indeed the key to his sanity back is her biggest wish all along. None wanted him to be saved as desperately as her.

“Don't let her down, Oppa.” She said almost on whisper, she is positively crying even as she went on, “goodness, you are saved.” 

 

 

It was almost seven when Jung Eunji finally stirred awake from her sleep, the first thought which came to her mind even before she could open her eyes was the faint smell of something from kitchen, and the second thought was about Minho since she was alone on the bed when at last she opened her eyes.

Her eyes immediately found a post-it on her phone screen. 'You set alarm way too early.’ was what written on the paper, in a familiar handwriting which not so neat-looking. A smile immediately blooms on her lips upon reading the scribbled note.

Feeling thirsty, she kicked herself out of bed, strolling to the kitchen on barefoot. The coldness from the floor slightly made her shivered, yet also great on shoving away that familiar excessive urge to stay on the bed. She halted her step when her eyes caught the sight of the giant bowl on the dining table. Another smile appeared instantly when she read the short note which posted on it, ‘eat me.’

The rice cake soup inside the bowl is no longer warm, Song Minho must have gone longer than her initial thought. While heating the soup, Eunji falls into deep thought as she stared towards faraway places outside her window. Yesterday felt unreal, from the moment Song Minho abruptly came until their all-night talk felt incredibly long and impossible to happen in less than a day.

She immediately stopped her thoughts when a strong smell starting to kick back, filled in the room. Eunji left her spot and see the soup is boiling. This is strange, first because since she came back to Korea, she rarely visited the kitchen. Always arguing that works always preoccupied most of her time, then she would told her own that cooking for one person is more consuming than eating out. And the second thing which strange is also what made her belly twitching at the moment, because that soup is what Song Minho made. Never she had any thought even in her wildest dream to connected Minho with anything related to the kitchen.

Yet, here she is now. Eventually sitting face to face with his cook. Feeling somehow awkward and clumsy…, and happy as her heart swelled a little bit more each time Song Minho briefly came to her mind.

Jung Eunji started her breakfast in silence, for the first time in a while, starting her day with homemade food. For the most time, what she regarded as homemade food was any dishes from a certain restaurant around her flat. She was unexpectedly stumbled upon the place and later get acquainted with the owner who happened to live in the same building as her, few floors below her place.

Those foods were homemade to her because she and the owner eventually shared more connection rather than just a seller and consumer relationship.

They build a friendship.

A clear chyme from the bell broke the solitude in the whole room, Eunji put down her spoon and raised to the door. She broke a smile upon seeing who her early guest is.

An easy laugh immediately followed as the person went inside her room, with two hands hugging a huge paper bag filled with ingredients.

“I don't know Mr. Seo could be this polite.” Teased Eunji as she strolled back to the dining room, her voice was so clear and cheery.

The person followed her step behind, still laughing heartily, “I don't think I leave you all cheery yesterday.” He teased back, “You were a wrecking ball, Ms. Jung.” The image of a pale petite girl came to his mind, the image which completely different than the figure in front of him now. He doesn't know how, but she indeed looks so different today. Strangely happier.

Eunji doesn't say anything, she is just calmly resuming her breakfast while trying to hide her blossoming smile. Her friend glanced at her side as he start to arrange stuff he brought inside her refrigerator, half amusing how different a person could be in just a night.

“Who knows you even had the energy to cook this morning.” He later said, almost to his own, sound faintly yet Eunji still heard it just fine.

“Not me.” She immediately said, nonchalantly corrected him before taking a sip from her warm hibiscus tea.

Seo Kang Joon frowns hearing her answer, eyes examine Eunji while his mind started to diligently rewind anything from the previous day. His fine eyes lits in pure joy when his head successfully identified a certain guy he met at the elevator. “So he was visiting you.” He then proudly exclaimed.

Now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter