Mozaic 13 - A Tale

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“These all taste good,” said her while rising her chopstick over her meal, which then make the companion felt inevitably proud that his choice was perfect for her mate, a special date mate for the night. They are having a feast both of them ordered only some foods yet the owner-chef insisted on serving them with every best thing they had in store. And then, the owner-chef left them with no choice except to enjoy the unexpected kindness.

“Eat a lot, you are way too skinny now.” He told her while offering more meats to her bowl. The night went smooth, the atmosphere around these two people quite pleasantly calm, not driven with awkwardness like how it used to be. He doesn’t even try to hide his joy, the wide grin is appeared here and there, even though there wasn’t anything particularly interesting or funny happened. And she doesn’t look uncomfortable around her companion, not complaining nor offended with how bright the mood he was in right on the moment.

“How’s Eomeoni and Abeoji?” she asked later after they agreed to put end on the food after realized that their belly would’ve burst out if they were continuing their doing.

Song Minho smile felt genuinely happy that she is asking for his parents. Eunji was normally this kind anyway, “They are fine.” He told her, “don’t fond of Seoul's busy life anymore so both of them settled in Jeju.” He went on more.

“Thank goodness,” she said in relieved, “Staying in Jeju, how cool.”

She is right eventually, Jeju was always known as their country’s best place, the top favorite destination of local vacation. Always busy with new people yet at the same time always peaceful too.

“Mom missed you a lot.” He said later. Which earned a pause from her, such unexpected words have taken aback her and he even worried that his spontaneous sentence would ruin the fine night, their fine dinner but when he is still in the middle of hating himself for saying stupid stuff like this, she thankfully seems unbothered anymore second later.

“I missed her too,” she told him quietly, “don’t need to feel worried about me, your words have not ruined the moment, Mr. Song.” Added her knowingly which made the man felt blissful. “It was always nice having someone who missed you.”

He nods in agreement, yeah, always nice to know that you are being missed. But he was sure that she would simply freak out if ever she found out how bad she is being missed by him all these years, he was a jerk for the girl anyway these whole time. And that kind of confession would’ve just ruined everything they were all trying to fix, especially on his part, he can’t make her feel disgusted with his existence. He spent a lot of effort and waited so many years already for the two of them to finally can come to this moment, to finally have this chance. So he definitely won’t let his honest confession slipped off carelessly. Not even a chance. So he gulped down the truth and went on with the same question, “How’s Mama and Dad?”

Eunji smile, “They are all fine, enjoying their free time now, Minki is all grown up after all.” She answered lightly, the spark inside her orbs is back now they are talking about family. She is always a family-oriented type of girl, he remembered when they were much younger, she used to babysit her one and only brother after school from the afternoon up to evening since both of her parent's works.

He still vividly remembered how she would take a long walk from school to child care where her brother was being looked after her parent went to work. He knew her routine because he used to follow her—without her knowing of course, since they certainly weren't warmly starting their story in the past thus she would’ve accused him of so many nonsenses if ever she found out this certain truth that time. But he wasn’t doing this since the very beginning. The beginning was rather unexpected, it was happened when Art teacher asked him to applied himself for some kind of competition which held by certain advertisement company which located near that child care. He was on his way back when he found her stood out of the building gate--still in her uniform, among other Ajummas, and that was when he is still in the middle of confusion on what that girl is doing, a bunch of little kids marched up from inside opposite building, and he recognized one of them—a dark-haired little boy who resembled her a lot.

Jung Minki, he knew the name since they resided quite closely back in Busan. Both of them even need to ride the same bus to school so it was common that he knew the name of her only sibling, same with her who knew the name of his only sister. And what she was doing with her brother was just one of so many reasons on why she was so famous among elder, even his mom knew her because of this and adored her sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter