Mozaic 14 - One Fine Day

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Minho born in this glamourous city thirty years ago to a middle-class family with a loving parent and completed with a lovely little sister a year after. They were ordinary—never been an extravagant type of family, with a super simple lifestyle; a hard-working daddy, a charming mother and pleasantly-looking son and daughter who love and protect each other equally great. Everything about this city is charming, Seoul is the heart of the country—a busy place from dawn to another dawn, something which he liked since he always has believed that Seoul at night is better than Seoul at day. The city glowed more in the moon, and lovelier since it was not so noisy at night.

Then, when he was in the third year in elementary school, they need to move down to Busan due to the nature of Dad’s work. A decision which he followed half-heartedly at first, but Dana was excited to went there so was a mom—saying that she loved that they will get to eat seafood often there, a real fresh brand of seafood which impossible to have in Seoul. And that was how he started his life in that certain city which closed to the sea. In a city which then became his life, with a brilliant history he left there. Along with great people he met all along.

And Jung Eunji. She was one of few things which always came inside his brain whenever he heard about the city. The reason why the place was just so irreplaceable and especially meaningful, and frightening. He never expected anyone would have such a disconnected effect on him, but she did. Not that she did, he made her.

 

And they are eventually here. The thirty years old Song Minho and Jung Eunji—stand only inches away from each other, no not in Busan. But in front of a statue of King Sejeong the Great.  Her looking completely stunned and in awe while admiring the statue which brings a proud smile to her guide of the day, “Have you been here before?” he asked her. Because Eunji looks somehow funny to him, she looks like a little kid, and that she doesn’t bother to cover up her awe which is just amusing, and adorable.

She shakes her head slowly, “I should take some history class later.” Said her under her breath before finally turned her attention towards the man who now looks confused with what her saying just now. But she is just gesturing him to have a go. Song Minho still has not left his place, frowning to her back, Jung Eunji was always like this. Loving throw out random comment and saying here and there without trying to explain which occasionally confusing people who heard it. He wasn’t an exception. Even when he has known her perfectly well, the timing she chooses often still taken aback him. In the past, she used to brag about this certain trait of her: good with words, quoted her saying. Which doesn’t fully acknowledge by other people, they often sighed and looked away when she was busy bragging about her prideful feature which maybe still one of her personal favorite. Some things indeed will never change, people are eventually no wrong about this either.

So, yes. This two people are finally ‘executing’ their plan, or his plan to be precise which at first being laughed at by Song Dana, who thought that his planning was just sloppy and risky and stupid and tacky and much, thus the girl was just so shocked to know that Eunji was eventually agreed to do this. She could never imagine that she lose her pride in betting with her Oppa. Her poor Oppa. But seeing the brother of hers suddenly looking so much younger and happier, but the sister’s heart at ease. Its time for them to have their happiness. And hopefully in each other’s. Dana whole-heartedly wish so that Song Minho would use this chance wisely and fixed up his mistakes towards her, in the past.

“Dear God, how come they sell soup for only 2000 won?” she asked in disbelief while standing in front of a promotional banner of a traditional shop, it looked so ordinary and old but filled up with costumers.

“It's a famous eatery, they serve huge portion and tasty,” Minho told her the details which make her frowns deeper. “You want to try?” offer him which earned an eager nod from her. She loves food, she loves to eat, and he loves seeing her happy.

The owner of the place is an old couple but they have some helpers, and when Eunji and Minho went inside the shop, they were greeted by the couple and they offered an additional table in the room for both of them. The food served was rather simple, but in their special price which particularly cheap, it was somehow decent and the taste, Minho loved the taste. To be perfectly honest, he never went to eat there before, he got all the information from the internet and TV shows, because the guide needs to be perfectly well-educated about anything which related to the city.

“Have you eat here before?” she asked while munching her radish kimchi.

He mumbles a no, which earned a smirk from her, “I found this place from Infinite challenge when the casts need to live up to their planned schedule with only ten thousand won.”

She listens to his story with a lively amusement, “Dear God. They must have not known about the budget beforehand, rite?”

Minho nods. “They planned the schedule months before, and some even wrote some luxurious activity being believed that the expense would be covered up completely by the productional fee.”

Eunji laugh a little, “Am I being cold-hearted here for laughing at their misery?” she asked him which earned a grin from Minho.”But it sounded so fun, simple but fun.”

“The program still is favorite of mine, they are already a decade long. I often watched the show for releasing stress from work.” He shared, it was a personal me-time of his, completely doing nothing on Saturday evening for watching the show with a bowl full of popcorn. And the routine indeed ease his problem, and he can sleep better after. Dana usually went hang out with her friends, while he stayed in.

After filling in their belly with the food, they resume the journey by ride the tour bus, since the sun wasn’t particularly hot, both choose to sit on the upper level. Other than them, some couples have filled up some seats, they looks so happy and blissful. Both Eunji and Minho walk straight to the back row. Their favorite space ever in public transportation.

“What’s your favorite place around Seoul?” she asked suddenly. Minho doesn’t immediately give her any answer.

“When I was much much younger, I loved going to the Palace. Pretending like a knight or a prince.” He told her, “Mom often brought me and Dana there, to educate us about history or sort of.”

Eunji eyed him in disbelief, “So you must be well-versed about history then?”

Minho smiled thinly, “Is it hard to believe? Just because in high school the only weakness I ever had was that subject?” he curiosity.

She nodded firmly. Then she broke a little laugh, before asking another question. “Then after grown-up. What’s your favorite place?”

Minho wandering his eyes far away, “I don’t go anywhere that often. Or to be precise, I did go to various places yet they weren’t special in any kind to me.” He broke his answer, “often I went to somewhere out of boredom, or because I was tired driving around.”

“Alone?” she asked. Minho can’t help but froze out when his eyes meeting her expectant eyes, it was felt surreal, how she looked intently right at his eyes while listening to his story. A tale which he never shared with anyone else, a tale which he could only able to disclose to her. Because this was what they did years ago, telling each other their private story which they could not share with anyone else because they would laugh at them because it would bored them.

He nodded. And she broke a smile, a genuine smile which inevitably caused a pang in his left chest. A very brilliant smile which always hers, which he always wanted to paint so badly for a decade.

Then she turned her attention to the surrounding, looking completely absorbed with the environment. Other pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter