Mozaic 21 - Retrouvaille (1)

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long after Minho gone, Jung Eunji is still staring at her closet while having various thoughts running inside her head at the moment. The prospect of seeing Minho’s parent put a certain burden on her mind along with contemplating on which outfit she would wear to the event were certainly being the most significant thoughts among any others.

Because the nature of her parent’s occupation which made them had to work until very late on weekday, eunji was the one who basically running her household. From taking care of her baby brother, to checking out daily necessities, and later do grocery shopping on weekly basis as she insisted that her parent need to have enough rest and spend quality time with Minki on weekend. And that’s when she often met Minho’s mom, a lovely lady with an easy smile. Eunji failed to remember what topic which made them evolved their greeting into a long conversation, but they were indeed quite close. His mom was so nice, the woman exuded warmth which made Eunji was slightly taken aback when she learned that the son whom Ajumma often talked about was her own frenemy.

On the other hand, her memories about Minho’s dad weren’t much as they never had chance to real conversations, just casual greetings between neighbor when they bumped into each other. But her impression of his dad was somehow pleasant, the man definitely wasn’t as talkative as his wife but never had any cold ambiance around him.

Regardless, Jung Eunji was still visibly nervous.

 

Another long sigh escaped her parted lips, her hand keeps flipping through her wardrobe while her mind makes mental judgement on each clothes dutifully. Suddenly feeling very unsatisfied with her fashion sense as she discovering flaws on each dress, make mental conclusion that they weren’t suitable for tomorrow. She even slightly feeling regretful that she had immediately turned down Minho’s offer to get some dresses from his regular clothing store.

After going through her clothes for the second times, she finally stopped as her hand grabbed a particular piece.

“Is this okay?” she mumbled loudly as her eyes examining a knee-length emerald-green colored lace dress with a long sleeve which she bought last fall. She picked out the dress and helf it close to her figure in front of the mirror. It looks okay on her and the overall fabric wasn’t that thin so it should buy her some comfort despite the weather, totally a plus point.

After fixing her choice, she snap a picture of the dress, send it to Minho before turned off the device, and then lying herself forcefully on bed—attempting to get some sleep.

 

---

A loud sound ripping the stillness inside the room as the owner is still trying to get more sleep. The sound has been hollering for a while when a low groan heard from the person who had rolled around the bed all night and somehow managed to wrapped herself with the quilt like a cocoon. Soon, the huge bundle on bed roll a little closer towards the coffee table direction, followed by an arm which reached out to the thing which stood proudly there and pushed the button at once, silenced the thing mercilessly.

There was a brief quietness enveloping the room before she freed herself from the wrapper and throwing the quilt away from her body, the light was not sufficient enough to make out her overall look but her hair was in messy state and judging her frequent heaves, it was safe to assume that the young woman was not in her best condition.

She turned to the window direction, grimacing at the shade of sunlight which could be seen from behind the curtain. After mentally complaining over how fast time has flied, she finally had enough and decided to get up. Dragging herself towards the restroom.

It’s time to face the eventful day.

 

After washing her face, brushing her teeth and while waiting the bathtub to be filled, she comes out from the restroom to find her phone and upon turned it on, she finds several messages flooding in instantly, but she skips through them and goes to the texts which coming from Minho.

“It will looks great on you,” was what Minho said as the response to the picture which she sent before.

“Good morning. Have you awake yet?” was what he asked in the latter text, almost an hour ago.

She glanced to the top-left corner on the screen, it’s almost 6 a.m. already. Her fingers start to type something on the phone before moving towards note, checking out the note which she wrote last night to ensure her preparation for the event. After confirming her need-to-do list, she goes back to the restroom, picking a blue-ish bath-bomb—deciding that the utmost priority is to set her mood right and she believes that quality bath will able to improve her state.

 

Another hour passed as she bathed, but the woman doesn’t seem in rushed. The theory was proved to be right as she walked back into the room with a blooming smile, the bath has restored her inner peace, this woman looks like a different person than the one who tear herself from the quilt this morning. Eunji looks significantly fresher and calmer, even glowing as she sat down in front of the mirror to start the prep.

Jung Eunji was never keen on beauty stuffs or following the latest trend, mostly opted with basic implements. But for today, she has decided to put more effort because she wanted to ensure that she would be presentable enough to be Song Minho’s partner. She chose the palette color which would match up with her dress, her eyes focus on her reflection as her hand busily applying each of the products on her face. Although her cosmetics weren’t as varied as other women and she wasn’t as experienced as others, Eunji still able to pulled a good job on polishing herself by applying some products which she rarely use normally.

 

She is about to change her robe into the actual dress when the sound of the bell ringing all over the place, her first reaction was frantically looking up to the clock beside her bed, before breath out in relief to find that it’s only a little over 8 a.m., with moderate struts she walks towards the door direction and upon opening the door, finds a smiley Minho standing with one hand gripped on a paper bag. He mutters a muted hello which makes the girl smile while shaking her head slightly.

“Why you come so early?” she later asked while receiving the paper bag he hands to her, as she walks further from the front door, she peeked inside and finds two sandwiches wrapped neatly.

“Am I?” he innocently asks while following closely behind her heels. The guy takes a long look at the lady who clearly still in the middle of preparation, with several clips pinned her hair.

What a natural sight, Eunji was often like this, always comfortable showing rather un-glam version of herself to people she close with and he was thankful for that, to have her becoming less guarding around him.

Eunji turned to him, “Don’t you say you’re going to pick me at 9?” she reminds him what he said last night.

He nods. “I did.” He said immediately, “but I miss you, so I can’t help but rushing myself to be here.” He cheekily said, without breaking eye contact with her while swallowing back his grin.

Upon hearing what he said, the girl immediately makes a face. But after seeing the hint of laughter in his eye, she can’t help but to break a smile. “I’m going to do my hair first. Suit yourself”. She said, after putting his paper bag on the dining table.

 

Minho goes towards the kitchen and makes himself a cup of coffee while takes a look at the surrounding—feeling strong attachment to anything in this unit. He never counts how long it has been since he was starting to become a constant presence in this place, feels like a long time already although it wasn’t that long if measured according actual time.

He still mostly feels surreal, overwhelmed with how great his life has been lately. Anything feels just right after she comes back as his, willingly to accept him back as a part of her closest confidante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter