Mozaic 17 - Even

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he was much much younger, Song Minho was so obsessed being the best one in anything. Most possibly started when he won his first drawing competition ever in kindergarten when he brought the medal and pocket money on drawing how their class was. It was such a friendly competition among each class in his school, yet he was proud on getting the first place. So happy when he could buy a doll for Dana’s birthday and treats family some ice creams later on weekend.

 

He wasn't sure how on earth his mind could still vividly remember all those things, he was barely seven, but that moment was started anything, maybe even being the very moment which made today him.

 

So when on later years he stumbled upon someone who was endangered his pride, he was pretty much hated her. Not hate in a personal manner about her personality or such, the feeling must have come from his competitive side. And so was her, as he could remember she has also harbored that same impression on him. Thus both never shy about showing how much they could go against each other.

 

The warmth on his chest from her breathing caught his ear later, made the guy paused on his short memory land trip. After some few blinks, he finally grasping back onto reality about him along with her on the bed. She is still burying her face inside his chest, both laid up facing each other, not entirely leisure on his part but comfortable. It was just the unearthly feeling keep hitting him up now and then especially when he could feel her breath on him. How peaceful she is at this moment and how bad his heart has to keep throbbing all this time. He could hear how wild it has been the whole time yet she doesn't seem bothered.

 

“Eunji-ya, are you sleeping?” He decided to ask, half expected her to fall asleep as her complexion was looked so pale and tired, he could even feel her body a little bit warmer than his own, but the other half of him wants her to stay awake yet keep staying in their current situation because she indeed feel at ease or at least trying to feel at ease on being around him even in her most private space.

 

At first, there was no response, he could only hear the same breathing rhyme on his chest. So Song Minho then thought that she must indeed have fallen asleep, and even though she said before that she didn't mind having him there, he still doesn't feel right on keep laying there. Especially with his own, he couldn't bring himself staying there any longer with heart beating wildly. Thus he moves a bit, yet her hand unexpectedly pulled him in, made he failed on to prolong the distance, definitely was the move he never expected. And when Minho still bewildered at her response, the girl pulled out her face from him and confidently eye him, “Song Minho, why your heartbeat so wild?” Was what she asked. Not really a question, she doesn't look expected any answer as she only cracked a bit of smile seeing how speechless he is at the time.

 

“I forgot this look of you.” She then said gently as she brings her hand on his face, looking tenderly at his hair, her hand is not touching him, it just stops mid-air, slightly beside his cheek, and while she keeps gazing on him, focused on his not so groomed hair now, he, on the other hand, can't stop staring to her eyes which now b in tears.

 

“Eunji-ya?” He called on her at that time. His voice sounds husky, deep yet gentle at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter