Mozaic 16 - Eventually

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is not his first time being here, he has been coming here several times to deliver her after their late dinners and some days ago to pick the girl up for their Namsan tour. But he never came up, he was just either pulled around driveway or waited at the lobby. There was no certain reason, it was just her not inviting him in and Song Minho doesn’t want to forcefully intrude her privacy, recklessly makes entrance towards her most private space—usually is a big no. Yet this certain circumstance is an exception.

He pulled his car for the nth time to her driveway. The building is situated half an hour away-drive from his office, just a block away from the central park and it is rather small, not so packed like most other buildings were.

Minho takes a deep breath, he was no able to contact Dana—the sister is unreachable at the moment thus he decided to just come. He is staying several seconds longer to calm his nerves before come out from his vehicle and walk his way to the lobby, notified himself to the building’s staff; labeling himself as a friend and they are just happily agreed on showing him the way, for at least two reasons as he believed; first, because they had met the guy few times before for the same purpose, second because they knew him. He a lot more well-known than his expectation.

His hand slightly trembles when he pushed the elevator button, clearly nervous yet he doesn’t want to back out and he’s just relieved for having the ride all to himself because he wants to focus on himself doesn’t want to get distracted with another people company. A soft chime broke the ultimate silence when he arrives at the destination. He lifts his head and meets a pair of eyes from an unknown man who is standing right in front of the elevator. The stranger smiles upon seeing Minho, rather out of courtesy since Song Minho believed he was no acquainted to this guy yet.

He nods lightly as reply to the greeting before stepping out from the elevator, he goes straight according to the direction he got from the lobby and a sudden realization hit him when he finds out that there are only four units in this floor, a sudden thought about that certain stranger he met just a while ago; Minho halted his step while his mind suddenly preoccupied with that funny thought on the possibility of that guy visited Eunji’s place. Yet before his mind completely gone wild, the guy resume his step to her place.

Minho presses the bell nervously and wait. He put his attention at his best while observing any sound which probably came from the place. He couldn’t notice how pleasant her unit seems like from the up-front, not admiring her wooden door, he couldn’t drift his focus on anything else. And when he almost presses the button again, someone finally is heard from the inside, the faint sound of someone walk closer is heard from the back of the wooden door which ultimately made him relieved and panicked at the same time. Jung Eunji is never easy for him.

The smiley face she got on her face completely fade when meeting the expectant eyes of Minho. Eunji seems bewildered on having Song Minho abruptly stand in front of her unit, looking noticeably messy and helpless. She doesn’t need a whole day to guess that the guy is desperate, might have look here for a whole day while still being unsure. He hesitates to visit her most private space.

Seeing her smile disappeared as soon as their eyes met send realization on his part that looks like she is expecting someone else, the previous thought which briefly came—visited his mind again—the particular thought which involved the certain stranger he met some while ago, that thought inevitably set his heart on wondering while full of uneasiness. He almost couldn’t contain the un-comfortableness and darkness which gradually crawling inside him, yet something about her—about their situation made him couldn’t do anything.

“How..” was her, yet the girl doesn’t immediately resuming her words. She lost her words midway. Seemingly failed in choosing the correct words on completing the question. Her eyes look visibly nervous as her hand steadily holding the door handle, ready to defend herself anytime. And Song Minho completely dislikes that cloud which hovering her eyes right now. The familiar cloud which appeared when he decided to pursue her again, the familiar look which she had before their frequent late dinner happened. He doesn’t know why she was having those look all over again. They were fine up to the last weekend.

Minho presses his left hand on the door, trying to minimizing the probability to at least have her close the door while he is talking. The guy was determined to confront anything between them from this moment on, he is determined to made peace with their wildest nightmare. He has decided to settled everything. He has to, desperate to hold her back. “We need to talk.” He said firmly, his voice sound lower than his normal tone. Sound grief, solemn and sincere, trying to earn her trust. This is the only way to makes her stay, he needs her for his life, the guy just couldn’t imagine having her walkout from his life all over again for the second time. No, he is sure he wouldn’t survive this time.

Eunji doesn’t say anything, she is at first only take a long look right at his eyes but is not disobey his favor and just then takes a step back, permitted him to come inside her chamber. Song Minho frowned slightly upon seeing her response, visibly confused with her supportive answer after having the worst scenario being played inside his head. He was possibly had thought too much.

Then after shakes off the last bit of hesitation from his heart, he steps into her room. A fresh scent of apple greeted him the moment he heaved inside the room, a pleasant smell which he knew was her particular favorite since she was a lot younger. His eyes inevitably start to wander around the house, her space looks so much alike to the one he used to imagine. Minho knew Eunji’s taste better than anyone and that was what he deliberately used to decorate his room. And this unit was kinda similar to his, from the choice of paint used on the wall to the painting collections which hanged neatly—was intentionally perfectly reflected her, both his and this room. The similarity made the guy significantly feels less awkward, knowing that she was almost pretty much alike to the girl in his memory. This somehow made him feel much at ease and relieved.

Both of them don’t immediately trying to break their silence, the heavy atmosphere is once again filled the air between them. Song Minho initiative takes a sit on the wider sofa in the living room while she sits timidly on the smaller one. He resumes on wandering around the whole space, slight frown to the sight of food on the dining table across him. Something keeps bothering him, yet he is trying the best to dismiss the thought, something else is much important.

Song Minho shifts his eyes from the dining table to her, how uneasy she is being in her seat and pale, not because she was not wearing any makeup—he had seen her bare face a lot, also somehow he has this funny thought on believing that her being unwell indeed has something to do with himself. “Dana said you were taking a leave today,” Minho said then, intuitively break the ice between them.

Eunji stop fidgeting her nails and nod, “yes.” She said softly before grow quiet again as Minho only nods to the answer, like him who knew about her being awkward she also could senses him being nervous, then before she lets him talk, she immediately followed, “But this has nothing to do with our last outing.”

Her answer made Minho hold back the words he was about to ask, he knew that she was lying, yet instead decided to play ignorant and ask her back, “Really?”

She nods before rises up from her seat, “Silly me. I don’t even prepare any drink.” Said her too fast before immediately running to her kitchen, while exclaiming next question urgently, “Do you mind some tea?”

Song Minho shakes his head, “Anything will do.”

For another minute, the room is again filled with nothing but their respective thought. Her while trying to ease her heart at the pantry, as she was never expecting that he would appear in front of her just like that, blame her poor heart, the meditation she did for the whole afternoon was wasted. Seeing the guy still flipped her world upside down. While him resuming his doing on finding a trace of her previous self, finding anything about her which belonged to the old self of her, the old her he knew best, the old her who he broke into pieces, the old her who he owed much of things.

And he glad to find that her taste mostly remained the same, including her choice of books. The guy shifts his eyes to her in the kitchen, the sight of her back in the pantry while trying to serve him something warmed his heart. He used to imagine having her in this situation, and the reality is as beautiful as in his thought. How her figure fit the personal image of future in his head, how the image and the real her alike, how the real is as beautiful, as lonely, as fragile as the one inside his mind.

During their school days, he used to think of her being tough, especially when they were nothing but nemesis. But then after seeing the girl being a fangirl to that certain actor shade a new light of her in his. He was starting to see her as an ordinary girl, she was silly when daydreaming over her favorite, the sight which then became his favorite. Seeing her looking all giddy while staring at the poster at the bus stop was what he needed to start a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter