Mozaic 7 - Pandora Box is Opened

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good afternoon, lazy pants,” was what greeted her the moment she opened her apartment’s door. She hissed softly while try to adjusted fury slipper she is wearing to her feet, head still feel heavy and eyes couldn’t open properly yet. Nothing could be worse than this, her morning.

After struggling for about a whole minute, she gave up, blame the slipper instead because then she throws it away in annoyance and choose to stand barefoot—later finally she raises her head and find her guest smile widely watching her wake up sit-com. The girl frowned, “Oh come on, it’s Saturday!” she grumbled, said loud her annoyance. “You shouldn’t be here,” added her while gave her friend a strange look.

Bomi laughs, “Hurry up, you need to eat something.” She said with her hand pushed Eunji back to her apartment, after that she walks in with two big paper bag full of groceries in her hand, leave the still bewildered owner and rushed to the kitchen. She looks around every compartment and got big shocked in return after finding no real-food there. “You live like this, Jung Eunji?” she asked in disbelief. How could someone live as ignorant as her when they are old enough to take care of themselves?

Jung Eunji heaved heavily in the dining room, has no answer other than rising her shoulder and arm because yes.. she has been living like that for sometime until today, she did buy groceries before yet can only focus on work these days. SAT times are just around two months away and academy like them are busier than any business, students are been pushed to study harder and harder~ be it by their parent or school or themselves. So Eunji thought it was so understanding when she can’t follow her supposed eat-routine and instead kept bury and buried herself between a bunch of papers.

“I’m so busy nowadays.” She reasoned matter-of-factly while observed her friend’s expression but when Bomi’s face remain gloomy, she quickly added, “I often eat outside, there is a lot of famous eatery around the academy.” With a smile, try to ease her friend’s concern.

“Huh,” Bomi sighs, not sure whether she accepted the reason just now or not. Well, honestly she understand it, because yes, academy everywhere around Korea is busiest during the SAT season. For someone who spent most of her school days to do sport and fooled around, she hardly can agree to another person’s way of life. The future depends on it, yet it was on whole another level in this country. Her cafe was always packed by those students who chose to study there than stuck in the library for hours but she never feels good, she always feel bad and sorry for them. The study indeed is something that should be done notoriously by students, even though it was the case, she glad that her parent didn’t think like mainstream people. They never budging her about her rank in school but still checking on her report and always give some advice and warning too.

Jung Eunji scratches her hair lazily, “you said you’re going to cook, right?” she asked while throwing herself down to couch, she makes sound tick-tock by —mimicking sound of clock on the wall before jumps up from her cozy position, “Ddarkbokkemtang..can you cook it?”

Bomi stops herself from cutting green onion, lips curled a proud smile, “I know you would ask for it.” Said her, leave both of girl excited.

“Make it delicious, then,” Eunji said oh so casually as she already backs being a couch potato.

“Excuse me, Miss Jung. People need to works to eat.” Bomi complained with both hand on her waist but then she eats back her word because Eunji just grinning widely like a fool in her position. “Well, today is my treat so...okay, but don’t expect it again, girl!” she said between cut the remaining onion she has.

 

“Your house is nice,” Bomi speaks as she looked around, this whole house was indeed good. Not only because this building was one of the safest towers in town but everything in Eunji’s house was captivating her. It is wide, spacious, full of many boring things from drawing to books yet feel cozy.

Eunji smiled as she gulped down her food, “my uncle courtesy,” she said.

Bomi’s eyes get wider, “Uncle Jung?” she asked in awe, “waa... you are so similar to the point it scare me, you know? And oh, I heard that his wife was so ill, is she alright now?”

The girl sigh softly, “It was the biggest reason why I was here now. I don’t know her condition, been too busy with the academy’s stuff yet their daughter told me in her last call that she is better.”

“So you have no will to come back before?” asked Bomi

Eunji paused yet she didn’t answer anything and just smile thinly.

“I still can’t believe you were here,” she talked like to herself, “friends need to know it. Should I post our picture in my sns? They would throw a big fit I bet,” said her, back being excited again, it brought a laugh for Eunji, “you should prepare well, they might want to kill you.”

Bomi’s words make Eunji looks confused, “why?”

“You left us like that, you wench!” Answered her in a slightly higher tone, amused with her friend nonchalant response.

The girl blinked first before could fully understand what she means, after understood she nod, “yes, I left just like that.” Admitted her doing back then, like it vivids on her mind now.

“We were so angry and confused back then, so bewildered,” Bomi recalled.

“And I didn’t even fulfill my promise to write you, right?” Eunji added by herself

Bomi spares her a sharp look, “yes.” She agreed, “We couldn’t even react properly, should cry or feel proud for you or what.. but were so angry, that was real.”

Jung Eunji already put down her chopstick, stop eating her food, “and I can’t even offer any apologies now.” She muttered quietly, her gaze looks so soft and fragile, those memories must have floored her brain now, “I must have been too confused at that time, have no other thought than how to save myself,” reasoned her.

Her friend takes a deep breath before giving her a sweet smile, “I know. We knew.” But then something crossed her mind, “but how you know my cafe’s address?” she asked, found it was strange that the girl could find her easily... she didn’t hire private detective, right?

Eunji’s smile faded but she didn’t want to back down, so after let out another deep breath, she opens , “Dana. Song Dana told me.”

Bomi dropped her spoon to the floor, “Song...Dana?” asked her carefully.

She smiled, know perfectly why Bomi stuttered after heard her assistant’s name, “yes, the Song Dana you thought just now. That person’s little sister.”

“But how?”

“I don’t know, she already worked in the academy before me coming.” Answered her as she rises from her seat and collect all the used utensils, brought all to the kitchen to do dish by herself.

“What a funny fate you guys have,” Bomi commented, still in her way to accept things.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter