Mozaic 5 - Same old us

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song Dana showed up by herself after getting no answer for her knock, she smiles to the sight of the room owner who still works herself so hard even during lunchtime and eventually sighs upon realizing that she is indeed used for having this kind of people around her. Yes, thanks to someone.. unlike other workers that look so intimidated by this hard worker superior, she is no surprise by her work-ethic. It’s just been a week and some days since Eunji started to work with them and definitely there was bunch of assignments and things that she has to handle, despite left unprepared because the founder itself abruptly went abroad due to his matter—she just doing fine, bless for great staff that welcome and help her happily to catch the train.

Dana walks cautiously to Eunji’s desk with her right-hand holds a huge brown envelope, she cough to catch room owner’s attention once more—but failed again, produce a thin pout. “Eonni?” she finally called her name, her left finger snaps at the desk and it successfully earns her focus.

Her superior rises her head and blink once upon found her standing there, “uh...oh Dana-ya?” she answered a bit rusty, still in daze from having read and works on those papers too much.

The younger one lets out a small grin, “Eonni~ you should eat first.” She pointed to Eunji’s cheek, “you lost weight already.”

Eunji’s eyes get wider in surprise, “Really?” she asked, then pinch her cheeks which is yes... lost its fat thanks to her new environment that a few times harder than her previous job as a university lecturer. “Is it lunchtime already?” she asked while trying to find her phone or watch that nowhere in sight.

Dana nods, “Yes, Eonni. Want to join us?”

“Where are you going to have it?” Eunji asked.

“There’s a quite a famous,” then she mimicked someone stirred something then eat it, “cold-noodle house around here.”

“Cold-noodle...” Eunji almost jumps on her seat hearing that name, well... it was not particularly her favorite but still feel so home to her ear, she is in home indeed. Then she lifts her arm eagerly, “I want to.”

Dana still laughs at her response while suddenly remember her another purpose for coming here, this envelope. So when she put that on top of huge bundle of paper on Eunji’s desk without saying anything first make Eunji just look at her confusedly. “What is this?”

“Something you asked me before,” Dana answered lightly.

“Uh?”

When Eunji almost tears the upper side of the envelope, Dana immediately asks her not to, telling that it might better if they go to lunch first because other workers have waited for them below and to this Eunji just agreed coolly.

What matters more than food at lunchtime seriously, isn’t it true?

 

==

 

For Yoon Bomi, Wednesday is hell.

It was the day that definitely less busy than Monday and weekend, yet she already feel tired from the moment she flip the closed sign on the door and her workers seem to know this side of their boss quite well judging by how they try to do their best—of best to mind only their chores and to only say yes even when the boss asking so much nonsense from their hard work.

Looks like today is no exception, so when Kim Se Jeong—one of the workers that already joined her since she started this place almost two years ago—came, that small girl just chuckled softly to herself when found Bomi being grumpy in the storage room. Having around longest than others made her the only one aside from senior barista who knew the exact reason behind their boss particular reason for disliking Wednesday, a very private and somehow childish but Bomi herself never thought it was silly for her defense.

“We need more beans, Boss.” She said, reminding her boss what things she supposed to bring before—yes, seventeen minutes ago. And Bomi sigh, she indeed volunteering herself to get more coffee bean yet tangled into her anger in the room.

Bomi blinked once and hummed a yes while point out of it, “Sorry Se Jeong ah, I must be pretty distracted today.” She said.

Se Jeong chuckled, you did always distracted on Wednesday, Boss. She thought to herself, that silly thought that only for her, “And we knew why.” She added calmly.

That casual word of her workers caught Bomi’s attention and in the next five seconds she covers her face by her palm, “God.. even you knew it.” She said, clearly embarrassed.

“Boss, I’ve been around the longest.” Said her.

Right, Bomi admitted it in her mind. “Right.” She said while put down her palm and smiled sheepishly, “Right,” again she speaks this time to herself, “So... how much their order today?”

Se Jeong paused for count, “168 in total, Boss.”

Her boss sigh after hearing the answer, “Right. That jerk is indeed so damn rich.” She muttered under her breath yet not quiet enough to left unnoticed.

“His company is indeed big.” Se Jeong speaks matter of factly, “and thanks to them.. we can close early every Wednesday, isn’t it right, Boss?”

Bomi sighs, everything she said is right. So damn right, that jerk is indeed always her loyal customer and the very reason her business been well all these years. She should be grateful (include got lower rent for this building), she knows, yet it was impossible.

“Boss, I know this is not right and very rude of me to ask you, I knew briefly from Chorong eonni yet never heard directly from you... why you hate Mr. CEO?” Se Jeong asked after contemplating over on her mind, she indeed is curious just like others. But never dares to ask her boss up until now. Things are just not right from her point, Mr. CEO has always been a warm and respectful—decent person if she may so but her boss always wears unfriendly and worst.. put a war look and speak sarcastically like he was somehow a low man.

It is no surprise to her ear, Bomi had been asked by these kinds of questions a lot and expected this from Se Jeong since the girl never ask it personally before, “Must be weird, isn’t it? He must be fine for you.”

Se Jeong bites her lip and nods.

“He is fine.” Bomi speak calmly, admitted things about that certain man from her mind, “He was a fine man, Se Jeong-ah,” she repeated her words and paused for some seconds, left her waiting and instead pull out some bag of bean from its row, after that she smiled before continue her words,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter