Mozaic 2 - Round way

Have you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For some silly reasons, she always liked the airport.

One of her aunt from her dad’s side was a flight attendant, she was so tall, slender and has a soft voice and they were so close. Whenever she came home for holiday, she always slept over her place just to hear her stories which used to amazed her more than fairy tale did. Airport sounded so wonderful for her younger self, it was like Doraemon’s can go anywhere door, full of magic and great.

She still remembered the first time she went to the airport, it was for vacation to Jeju with her family on her elementary days. Vividly remembered how busy the place was, with people pushed their cart around, yeah... the place was simply looked cool. Like what she ever dreamed about, even more.

Then when she grown up, She traveled a lot on her own, so the place was almost felt like home to her. The airport in any country was the same, always warmed her heart. Some people say that airport is a place for reunion and separation, it’s true, so maybe that’s why she never felt lonely even when she went around alone.

Never until now. And she doesn’t come here for those two reasons.

For a whole two minutes, she just stands still on her feet with her big suitcase stands slightly behind her. Everything’s here look foreign to her eyes and she just being awkward there. Funny though, because she really can recognized most of the things here: like those young men on the biggest poster on the wall, the song that someone besides her hummed just now and she understands their language very well—but it does still make her awkward.

And for the first time: she feels lonely. Here. Right now, in Incheon. She used to the view of people who picked their loved one or people who sent theirs—and she did not usually have someone to pick her up but it’s strange, today. Maybe because summer is about to over and the autumn is ready to come. And she slightly regrets her choice, why she needs to come back... and before she starts to blame someone who begged her to come—she decides to go along. She needs to move, looking for a taxi and find her house then sleep before those feelings break her down.

 

==

==

 

London, two days ago

 

A loud bang followed by almost sound like hysterical screams filled the air. People on the floor just shouted out loud their excitement and it was enough to make the DJ of the night—to smile proudly behind his place far away in the front row.

“Wow... Red roses seems to be so packed tonight.” A young woman with somewhat dark reddish hair shouted to his companion, a fine slender man with a bottle of drink in his right hand. It is impossible to talk normally by the way, things are so loud everywhere

He nods proudly then smile widely to her while his finger points out far to the stage, “All thanks to Davin boy,” he said, “and you Dear Eunji. You saved us.” He gave her his wide genuine smile once again and a soft pat on her head.

The young woman shakes her head, “no, I've done nothing.”

“Yes, you are.” He said again before taking a sip from his bottle, “hey, so... do you have to go?”

The woman frowns a little to his question, it was the last thing that she wants to hear tonight and yet... she has been hearing it for the sixth time already. People keep asking her that damn question and she knows she can’t blame them, guess, it was inevitable.

“You look so down.” He teased, though it is a fact.

“And you know why.” She said quietly before letting out a sigh. All smiles on her face just puff... gone away for good.

He smiled knowingly, “But things might be better than you think, it was your home.”

“Oh c’mon, do I need to hear those words from someone like you Dannie? A man who never come back to his home for more than ten years..”

“Hey, it was different. I have no reason to ever come back.” He pouted to her true words, God knows him well.

“So do I, my family is here. I have nothing there.” She said.

“You know you don’t mean your words, Sweetheart.” He said, remind her something that cause another frown, “you don’t come there for yourself, somebody needs you urgently. And you know you just have a yes-no other option available for you.”

“Argh,” a soft groan slipped her lip.

And yes, Dannie Liem was right. It was never a favor since months ago, it was solely a must—yes since the very beginning.

 

“I’m not coming back.” She said with a serious tone on her voice. This time she didn’t try to sound firm, it was purely out of annoyance—and she meant her words.

A whole room gap again to her answer, they look at each other, try to pick someone to convince her again—again. And their silent voting went to someone she hopes never been voted because she knows right away she had lost.

Knowing that she couldn’t possibly win the game, she goes on her speech, “I will do anything—really anything except that. Please, I know I’m being selfish here... but just for once, I have my reasons.” She begged, try hard to sound like someone who desperately begs for something even though honestly she almost couldn’t spare even a glance to her look-dejected family in the room.

They are so damn serious, something no joke happened and they think the only one who can fix things is her. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter